Season 18 - Ze Porsche Cup Challenge Ja!

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Rolz, Feb 1, 2019.

1. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I just got back last night, was meant to be morning but Qantas decided to make that direct flight LA to Melbourne go to Sydney and then try to squeeze 500 people onto other flights to Melbourne which works as well as expected. I weant via Canberra to Melbourne for 35hours plus travel time from Denver which was the only thing that went bad on the trip so great other then that.

I wont race tonight but can do the server start up, not sure how I will be with jetlag so wont race but if I set an alarm I should be able to do the server restart as needed.
    jlynn777 likes this.
  2. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    That could be handy, I probably won't get on till around 8pm. I'll be the fallback if you sleep in.
  3. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Doesn't matter who you fly with, they have a great ability to stuff things up. It took us 10 hours to "fly" to Newcastle once...
    Hope you had a fun trip, the US is a real eye opener.
  4. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Race server should be up now.
    Anon666 likes this.
  5. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Hey @Rolz can you post results at your end??
  6. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Soz boyz, wait for the Rollinator.
    jlynn777 likes this.
  7. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Thanks guys for the run was great to be back out on track with you guys again. Sorry for the couple of bumps here an there still getting to grips with the new wheel and especially the new load cell on the brake and this appearance be a bit of a last minute opportunity. So much great pace out there.

Awesome sustained battles tonight with @TheStig13, @mesafto, @jasondull1986. :thumbsup:
  8. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Awesome racing tonight had great battles with @KoAStR @Godzilla nice to punch above my weight for a bit there ,

[​IMG]
  9. mesafto

mesafto Rookie

Some very close racing tonight, enjoyed it!
    Highlight for me was keeping stiggy(i failed) and Koastr behind.
    Cant believe season is nearly finished!
    Congrats to andy, tez and shaun
    tezpez85, andyo450 and jlynn777 like this.
  10. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Hey guys here are the results from last night.
    Round 6 Results
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2019
    Anon666 and mesafto like this.
  11. Bogor

Bogor Team Driver

I had a fun race. Thanks to everyone for making it a great season and some clean respectful racing.
    Well done to the podium finishers, you are the inspiration for me to improve.
    If you want to see the race from my perspective, it is available on my Twitch Channel.
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/397370282
    Don't forget to give me a follow, every bit helps :)
    https://www.twitch.tv/bogor73
    tezpez85, andyo450, mesafto and 3 others like this.
  12. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I have put up a short sprint practice server with Philip Island from the link in the OP, I haven't tested it yet but will do later. If anyone else gets on and tests before this can you let us know if its working or not.

I will put up a full distance locked server Thursday once we know what the actual race distance is based off lap times in the sprint server.
    jlynn777 and Bogor like this.
  13. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Cant say I'm particularly happy with that race at all...

R1 Lap1 T1

R2 Trying to salvage something

Ive got nothing...
  14. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

Another good round!

R1: @andyo450's setup work was very much on point. I saw that he was getting off the curbs sooner and was able to be quite aggressive on some corners without the rear coming unstuck - great through the final complex too. That, and his flawless driving. He was pulling a few tenths a lap and I knew after a few laps the goal was to not make any mistakes for @Shaun_A to get close enough to have a bite.

R2: Reverse grids are always a turkey shoot, but despite getting a few shunts I was able to take advantage of a few mistakes from drivers directly in front and make some positions. Eventually managed 4th, there was no way I was catching @TheStig13. Hot pace from him in both races.

Onwards to the final round.
    andyo450, KoAStR and jlynn777 like this.
  15. mesafto

mesafto Rookie

Bad luck Godzilla, I think at Red Bull Ring naturally you will be elbow'ed being on the outside for T1+2.
    Looks like Koastr and Jason had contact which impacted on your entry to T2.
  16. andyo450

andyo450 Team Driver Super ROOZ

It's not very often this happens :D. I enjoy it when it does though.
    I raised the ride height a little bit and increased the rear ARB not long before the race and that made a huge difference to the behaviour over the kerbs. I was getting pretty frustrated throughout the week with how inconsistent the car was so I didn't really care if it made it slower. Thankfully it didn't seem to.

I was really surprised to get a lap into the 49s for qually. I knew a 50.0 was on but the lower fuel must've made the final bit of difference.

Race 1 I got off to a good start and managed to pull away once the tyres came up to temp. Kept the car on track and came away with the win.

Starting from the back Race 2 was absolutely fine with me. T1 at the red bull ring is similar to t1 at spa and monza for 1st lap trouble so I was happy to sit back and get through in one piece. It ended up being a pretty stressful (in a good way) race. A few times in T1,5,6 there was so much going on I couldn't keep track of it all. Good fun though. After making a few mistakes and capitalising on a few others mistakes I finished that one p6 so not too bad.

Well done to @tezpez85 and @Shaun_A on race 1 podiums and @jlynn777, @TheStig13 and @pb1 on the race 2 podiums.
    Bad luck @Godzilla. Looks like you bore the brunt of it. Judging by the length of the incident report everyone was a bit toey that race.
    Also good to see you back KoAStR, punching out a 50.4 on a new wheel with bugger all practice.

Phillip island for the last one :thumbsup:. Should be fun.
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2019
  17. mesafto

mesafto Rookie

Any whispers on S19?
  18. jlynn777

jlynn777 Team Driver

That was so much fun, although my races were the reverse of the reverse grid.
    Didn't do a particularly good lap in qual but was happy with where I started. Wasn't too impressed @KoAStR out did me with no prac but wasn't surprised. Was great to see you racing again BTW!
    Had a good start - I think I was one of the last to sneak up on the inside of @Godzilla in the first 2 corners. There was a 3 way battle going on ahead and on lap 6 I saw a chance with the 2 cars ahead going side by side into T1 and I went for a slow entry to try and get on the beans early and out drag them to T2...went better than I expected and had to turn suddenly mid corner to avoid them so I ended up coming out of the corner backwards....down to 2nd last.
    Made up 2 places next lap and then the next lap went in too hot into T2 and came out of that backwards...down to second last again.
    Managed to make up a few more spots and thankfully the race finished before @andyo450 could lap me.
    Second race, started up near the front. Had a scorcher off the line compared to @Bogor and got on the outside into T1. I put my nose in there but wasn't going to commit incase he locked up so I went wide out over the kerb, had to make a gradual re entry as I had 2 wheels on the grass and I wasn't sure if there was someone on the inside of Bogor...thankfully I slipped into 3rd by T2 otherwise I would have been as stuffed as Godz was in his vid.
    Then spent nearly 20 laps chasing @pb. I knew he had better one lap pace but I felt I was more consistent. Mercifully, around lap 20 I was right on him and the horrific sight of seeing the @TheStig13 closing in like a freight train was one again upon me. All I could think was 'oh not now...how the hell has he caught us up??'. On lap 24 pb had a bad T1 allowing me to get on the inside for T2. Now TheStig13 had joined the party, they had a bit of contact which gave me some breathing room to cruise to the finish.
    Reverse grids don't really mean much but felt like I deserved some reward haha. Awesome arm-wrestle there pb!
    I had to watch Stiggys replay to see how he was so fast off no prac (as always) and he 100% gets my driver of the day vote. Watching his race 2, he was down in last having fun on the grass on lap 1 and yet still got 2nd place :eek: on further inspection I discovered how he caught me with you guys making it easy for him...going 4 wide into T1 @c4rLo5 @Shaun_A @andyo450 @tezpez85 LOL :roflmao: looked great fun!

Thanks guys looking forward to the last race, has been an awesome season!
    c4rLo5, tezpez85, andyo450 and 2 others like this.
  19. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    marty likes this.
  20. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member