GT-Sport [Completed] 2019 RaceOnOz WORLD ENDURANCE TOUR Powered By Hi-Tec Oils

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by JonoStan96, Nov 11, 2018.

1. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    Like I said, no excuses for where I am at. Plenty of testing and tuning and its been pointless.

So between Catalunya and Monza thats:
    (Improved)
    Mazda Atenza: less weight
    Lexus RCF: less weight
    VW Beetle: less weight
    Toyota Supra: less weight
    Aston Martin Vantage: less weight
    Lamborghini Huracan: less weight (2%)
    Honda NSX: more power
    Peugeot RCZ: more power
    Commodore: less weight, more power
    Mitsubishi Lancer: less weight, more power
    BMW Z4: less weight, more power

(Both)
    Ford Mustang: less weight, less power

(Nerfed)
    Ferrari 458: more weight
    McLaren 650S: more weight
    Subaru WRX: more weight, less power

(Unchanged)
    Alfa 4C
    Porsche 911
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
    bluexephos22 likes this.
  2. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    The AMG hasn’t had any BOP changes since pre-season testing
  3. bluexephos22

bluexephos22 Rookie

PSN ID
    BlueXephos22
    Needs more weight. Before I grabbed it the specs were 98/103, it got changed prior to Catalunya. Not sure who thought 98/98 was a good idea in the first place considering how good the M6 can be. Should be 101-102 tbh. Taking power out would be a foolish decision though in all honesty, the M6 struggles a bit power wise, especially since it is Monza after all.

EDIT: The weight added would also help lessen the strongest element of the M6: it's cornering ability. If we ran maggiore this weekend with the current specs it'd wipe the floor.
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
    StigsTC likes this.
  4. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I do have to laugh when we have uproars over BOP after a session, not the time leading up to an event, when we all know full well it’s basically a one man task to BOP 30 something cars in a short space of time on a game that’s constantly evolving. We all remember LM3 last year don’t we. I’ve always been happy to accept input but so far I’ve received precious little.

As for other things, the Alfa is doing the same speed as my car down the straight, so maybe top speed isn’t the be all and end all here. Every car on this grid could do at least a mid 46 in my hands at Platinum bop. Monza is an outlier track, it would have been naive to think there wouldn’t have been a few surprises in store.
    If you drove badly for one session that’s not a BOP problem. Issues were raised yes but days after the BOP changes were confirmed. I know how good you are, I’m certain you will finish very well in the race. Any instances of bad balance will be fixed for Maggiore.

As fun as it is now bashing on the BOP, we’ve only had 2 cars that have been poorly balanced, the Mustang is now fixed and the M6 will be at the next event. There are always going to be instances where a car is going to be suited to a track more than others. Not all cars are equal obviously.

Why was this not mentioned before? 98/98 was my idea because I couldn’t drive it. Even with a tune. That’s a key element missing here. Without input from others before BOP is finalised, the risk of a car being OP or UP is high.

I’ve said before that any balls ups with BOP I’ll cop on the chin. The M6 is one and we’ll have to live with it.
    razor4797 and Dermott Brereton like this.
  5. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    To correct you there, My Gold rating actually meant that the Weight went unchanged and the power of the Mustang was reduced, putting it in the nerf category sadly
  6. Dermott Brereton

Dermott Brereton Rookie

PSN ID
    ZingerStacker21
    Ah you’re right, apologies I got the two Mercs mixed up lmao rookie mistake
    razor4797 likes this.
  7. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    That's a fair response Jono, however nobody told you to spec 30 cars once a month by forcing drivers into individual cars. Ask anyone who's had event BoP and they'll tell you before you start to minimise variables for both your sanity and for close racing. Less variables is less potential problems. I've said it before defending that LM3 hour BoP, its hard enough to do with 3 or 6 cars let alone 16, and as much as it was cool to do for a one off for LM last year, was it not maybe too ambitious to do it for every race this year? Surely you've had that thought.
    Now to correct some things, I said that Monza is about accel not top speed. I referred to top speed because we have no nice easy number to point to for acceleration. I note you didn't disclose that top speed either.
    I also did not say that I drove badly, its not like I'm in bad form as 24 hours later I was notching a Div 1 Sunday league win, there were no excuses like traffic, illness, distraction or anything to point at. The pace out of the car was all I could find through my iterations of tuning, I PB'd in that session. I even went looking for more and made setup changes in the session to see what else I could find after I could no longer see my best lap on the board any more.
    I don't understand how I'm supposed to raise a question about the BoP I have, until I have it. We were actively waiting for BoP to be released so we could start testing as we didn't want to get too far along to have the power or weight change forcing all sorts of setup changes trying to get the car back to the feeling it had. The second I saw the BoP updates to the WRX I knew I was in trouble. I even posted about it, I had no idea how the car needed to be made heavier and less powerful when it was pretty much where it needed to be at Catalunya, where I made all my time up in sector 2 (the mid speed sweeper sector) and we move to a low speed corner, high speed straight scenario. I saw the splits during qualy where I was down 2-3 tenths in S3 (the low speed handling sector) and 1-2 in S1 (the big straight).
    There was always going to be an imbalance in car performance as it is impossible to get it totally nailed down, but around the least driver dependant circuit, the gap in machinery is most visibly on display and it doesn't look great seeing guys who qualified in the top 6 at the technically challenging Catalunya occupying the back 3 slots on the grid, well off the midfield.
    Why did Xephos not say add weight to the car? Because until we get through qualy we don't really know where we all stand. Why ask for a BoP change when you could be smack bang in the midfield anyway? Xephos and I knew we were worlds apart on pace, but we had no idea if it was because I was slow, the WRX was slow, if Xephos was under rated or if the BMW was just too damn fast. We could sort of guess some part of WRX car/driver was slow, but now we know for sure it is the M6 being way too fast. This is why we were asking about qual results, we wanted to know sooner where we stood to see if we could change some parameters for a better race. But it is now Friday and you seem adamant on living with the M6 as it is.
    With the BoP stance of take it or leave it, simply, I'm just not going to race this one. I love endurance racing, and I'm seriously glad to have a series to race in. I had my crack at hosting one back in GT6 and I know how hard a gig this is, I made mistakes and had my bad BoP days, but not like this. I don't mind having to do the same fast lap times for hours on end to get the job done because I know that is possible to achieve and makes you really earn any result that comes your way. But I can't race for 3 hours knowing I'm going to get lapped by Xephos twice and yourself once when I'm giving it my all. In the words of SVG when he realised he wasn't in the hunt on Sunday in Newscatle, the buzz is gone. There is no excitement, nothing to look forward to when you know your result will only be as high as those who do not finish.

@Viperzed the BoP of the car is seen as independent to that of the driver. So while your rank upgrade costs you 3% weight, the car still received a 1% decrease for this round.
    If a driver were to abandon the series and have their car taken by another driver of a different rank, the base BoP would remain unchanged, even if the specs that the driver would need to meet do change via their ranking.
  8. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    I think at the end of the day we do need to remember that Jonos plan isn't to BOP for each and every race that comes our way. It's been done for a whole season. Some cars will be mega at some tracks such as the Stang at Catalunya and the M6 here whilst other cars will show their strengths at other circuits later on. The WRX was fiercely competitive at Catalunya and its a great shame you were unable to race as I think it had a sure thing podium in it but that was a track that played to its strengths. Monza is a very different track and we will see a large mix up in order no matter the bop. I have no doubts that the WRX will get some tweaks for Maggiore to bring it back to a more level playing field but who's to say then that Maggiore isn't more like Catalunya and the WRX has just become some God like GT3 car. And as for you not racing I think it'd be a huge shame again to have you miss out twice, I understand your frustrations but I don't see this as a protest that can go your way when Jono will use race data to make any sort of meaningful BOP adjustments. At the end of the day it's totally up to you as to if you race on Saturday night and whilst the WRX does seem initially off the pace along with Riskys Alfa and a few other heavy hitters down the back, this is a long endurance season and the cars will be as close as possible over an 11 month period.

Huge thank you again to Jono who despite making life hard for himself time and time again, puts his neck out with bop and puts in a stupendous amount of time into this league so that we can have a bit of fun on a video game
  9. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Honestly not sure if i'm racing (nothing to do with my 15th in qual). But if i do show up, i'm looking forward to hopefully not being lapped by the 1 hour mark lolol. Oh well, BoP's hard, aye
  10. MINT_GTR

MINT_GTR Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    Unfortunately my time wasn’t BOP related, it was hardware related. My wheel decided to give me random force feedback. A proper lap would have possibly put me as high as 4th.

My apologies to the guys doing there quali run last night too, as I was in and out of the room and on and off the track trying to sort this wheel and no doubt would have caused some distractions.
    razor4797 likes this.
  11. Noremac

Noremac Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Normxc
    Thanks for clearing that up. Now everything doesn't seem so bad. Jono is doing an amazing job no doubt about it. Without those couple outliers it's more like 1.5secs
    razor4797 likes this.
  12. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    Great post. While I may not agree with all of it you are spot on in praising Jono's hard work to get us this far and I lost sight of that.
    All I have to say is that this is not a protest. A protest seeks to make a point or a statement. Simply I'm not having fun. I stopped doing sunday league because I just wasn't having fun in the format. The worst thing you can do is race for 3 hours when you aren't having fun, because then you don't come back again. I do not plan on leaving forever.
  13. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    @bluexephos22 just add some weight to your car so @StigsTC feels better.
    Pretty sure you are allowed to run less power or more weight than the bop says. Don't think anyone would complain about someone slowing themselves down lol
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  14. LITTLEBLACKO942

LITTLEBLACKO942 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    LITTLEBLACKO932 GTP_AussieRacer GTP_RacerOz
    Will this be livestreamed?
  15. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Times during qualifying don’t necessarily correlate to race pace.

@Noremac only qualified 9th for Catalunya, yet came agonisingly close to a win.

But I guess I should only bop certain cars to be competitive henceforth. That would set the cat amongst the pigeons wouldn’t it.
    That’s all I’ll say on this bop nonsense for now.
    Haven’t heard from Tynesider. I’d say no for now.
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2019
  16. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Wow rooz should do a series where everyone drives the same car
  17. LE_bananajosh

LE_bananajosh Team Driver

PSN ID
    GT_bananajosh1
    I livestream on YouTube only Point of view
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  18. razor4797