GT-Sport [Completed] 2019 RaceOnOz WORLD ENDURANCE TOUR Powered By Hi-Tec Oils

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by JonoStan96, Nov 11, 2018.

1. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Will have a room open in about an hour with race settings if anyone is interested.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  2. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Driver’s Briefing: 3 Hours of Monza
    Approximate Race Distance: 96-100 Laps
    Please read the following and ‘like’ once you have read and understood it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Race - 19:30
    One Lap Test Race: 19:15 ADST
    Start Time: 19:30 ADST
    Racing Softs
    Tyre/Fuel Depletion: X1

RACE START PROCEDURE:
    The room host will set the grid based on the qualifying order. At approximately 19:15, the host must start a 1 lap test to ensure everyone can move off the grid with no issue. This can be done by changing the race type to Practice/Race.

Prior to the race start, the host must double check the Power and Weight of each car matches those listed in the OP.
    The race will start in a side by side formation as per previous endurance events. The pole sitter will set the pace but the 1st lap must not take longer than 3 Minutes. Your speed must not exceed 140km/h during the formation lap. The pole sitter after rounding the final corner can choose when to hit the gas to start the race as long as it is before the start finish line. The race will go green at the start finish line regardless of the pole sitter’s actions. Note: Taking off before the Turn 9 will result in a one minute penalty.
    If you are silly enough to spin on the formation lap, you are allowed to regain your place, but tough luck if the race starts before you can do so...

NEW: 3 Strikes Rule
    In order to combat the issues in the last event, anyone who freezes on the grid will be given 2 more chances to get going via rejoining and resetting. If it takes more than 3 attempts, you will be excluded from the race however you will pick up a point for 16th place.

TRACK LIMITS: As per our rules and regs drivers must keep 2 wheels on the ripple strips or white lines at all times. We all make a mistake or 2, but if you are caught "continually and obviously" running outside the track limits to gain advantage you risk being penalised post race by the Stewards Group.

CONTACT: CONTACT IS TO BE AVOIDED AT ALL TIMES. If you make contact with the car in front and gain an advantage, you MUST give the place back at the next available opportunity.

SWERVING: You are NOT permitted to swerve from side to side on the straights. Drivers may only change direction ONCE on corner entry.

TURN 1 LAP 1: You can't win the race at turn 1, but you can certainly lose it. Take care into the first corner and leave plentiful space for other drivers, as this is the most risky part of the race. This is a very long race, so there should be no divebombs or ridiculous moves so early on. Heavy damage is on, so you will suffer the consequences if you are stupid. Monza has a very tight turn 1 and 2, be extra careful.

NUMBER BOARDS: It is a requirement that you place dedicated number boards (found in the OP) on your car in an easy to spot fashion. These are colour coded to clearly indicate entrant level, while the bottom square has been left white so you can edit it as you wish. Please ensure the number itself is clear to see. These boards are mandatory and failure to have them displayed on the car clearly will result in a Non Classification. Discretion may be applied under certain circumstances.

PIT LINES: Use the pit lane lines as indicated. Do not charge into the pit lane as you risk damaging your ego and disrupting the race. Commit early to avoid potentially causing a serious accident. Stay within the lines, you may not cut the exit line AT ALL, otherwise you will receive a warning.

BLUE FLAGS: Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. You should be aware of the leaders coming up on you, and move out of the way as soon as possible when appropriate. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go, so you can continue the fight with those in your battle.

HEALTH: Please empty your bladder before the race. We have a big enough break before the race to do so, we’ve all heard the degenerate stories of people pissing in bottles to continue playing, I really hope that doesn’t happen here! On the flipside, keep hydrated during the race with a bottle of water or energy drink, etc.

If you have any questions, check the driver’s briefing, check the OP, then if that does not answer your questions, ask me here!
    MINT_GTR, razor4797, Noremac and 7 others like this.
  3. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Monza 3 Hours Grid:
    Pole: Bluexephos 1:44.958
    2nd: Bob/deedz/Lennon 1:45.584
    3rd: Bombcat 1:45.705
    4th: Vardz 1:45.890
    5th: Razor 1:45.974
    6th: Jono 1:46.009 (verified by Mint)
    7th: Motors 1:46.025
    8th: Littleblacko 1:46.211
    9th: Hatfield 1:46.314
    10th: Toranafan 1:46.593
    11th: Noremac 1:46.667 (verified by Risky, Jono & Keeden)
    12th: Bananajosh 1:46.704
    13th: Risky 1:47.040
    14th: Mint 1:47.900
    15th: Zachery -:--:-*
    16th: TDZDave -:--:-*

* last min entries, have submitted times

@bluexephos22 what side of the grid would you like to start from?
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2019
    bluexephos22, razor4797 and Zachery like this.
  4. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Lets try and avoid something like this...
    JonoStan96 and Noremac like this.
  5. bluexephos22

bluexephos22 Rookie

PSN ID
    BlueXephos22
    Right side thanks
  6. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I'm doubtful to start. Dinner time is planned for 7:30 lol

Good luck all
  7. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    @VARDZ will be the host. Make sure you have him added.
  8. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Motors please return ASAP otherwise we will start without you
  9. MINT_GTR

MINT_GTR Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    After major contact at the 2nd chicane, my wheel got stuck in 6th gear (like real life), sorry to anyone that I hit trying to hobble around to the pits thinking it might fix it, sadly it didn’t, came out of the pits and it automatically shifted to 6th gear :(.... that’s my race done!

Congratulations to the eventual podium
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2019
  10. Dermott Brereton

Dermott Brereton Rookie

PSN ID
    ZingerStacker21
    @VARDZ that was some mighty dirty racing at the first, hope Kayo didn’t get to you that bad that you felt obliged to put me into the sand :/

Congrats to eventual podium
  11. Noremac

Noremac Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Normxc
    Didnt have the straight line speed to fight anyone. Not fun at all.

Congrats to everyone.
  12. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    Ahh damn that explains it. Hard luck mate :(
    I wasn’t sure what happened and plowed into the back of you lol
    MINT_GTR likes this.
  13. JonoStan96

PSN ID
  14. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    My apologises fella I lost traction coming out of the turn and got a little tap from Jono so if I did put you into the muck again I am sorry. I did say that Kayo livery looked half decent.... surprisingly
  15. Dermott Brereton

Dermott Brereton Rookie

PSN ID
    ZingerStacker21
    All good, sorry if I was harsh I was fired up after leaving the race. Congrats on 2nd
    Hatfield and JonoStan96 like this.
  16. LennonLegend1993

LennonLegend1993 Team Driver

The supra team had to combat some early damage from @bluexephos22, and racing control between @deedz_aus, @DAMN_RIGHT_BOB and myself.
    Sat in fourth until 2 minutes to go when I clipped a little too much curb and ended with engine damage. Hobbled to the pits and ended up 7th :(

Congrats podium.
    deedz_aus and JonoStan96 like this.
  17. LE_bananajosh

LE_bananajosh Team Driver

PSN ID
    GT_bananajosh1
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  18. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Sounds like things really kicked off tonight. Really disappointed to hear that @StigsTC decided not to race which I respect but to go ahead and play with the Beetle like that seemed low. I think we all understand how unhappy you are to not have a good car for THIS ROUND but to go ahead and do that must really lose you any sympathy points you previously held. Eyes forward to Mount Panorama Cup and Maggiore I hope.

@VARDZ at the centre of attention once again lol but not for his wrong doing with @Dermott Brereton . Congrats on a great drive after what was surely a disappointing qualifying session.

Huge congratulations to @bluexephos22 on a well deserved win, Made the best of what you had (unlike myself), as well as @TDZdave how the hell did you manage that lol

And of course a special shoutout to who i've heard was driver of the race in @LE_bananajosh , great job mate, Looking forward to seeing you up the front more often
  19. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Not really sure if an apology is required on further inspection https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJZDk7MTZ3M
    Dermott Brereton likes this.
  20. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    That race was a real mix of emotions. Had a storm start to roll in around 7pm and about 5 minutes before the race suffered a blackout for the first time in months. To be honest i thought my race was over before it had even begun. I couldn't get the internet to fire back up and presumed you guys would start without me. Came back into the room whilst you guys were on the warmup lap and presumed i was to late. I was relieved to see however it was only the practice start meaning i took the start of the race.

As for the race itself not sure how i feel about it. There was some pretty average driving from certain individuals especially in the first stint. People seemed to forget were racing for 3 hours not 3 laps. Drove pretty well for the first 10 or so laps @LE_bananajosh got a great start from the row behind and i followed him through the chaos of the first chicane towards the front. However that ended when i got an almighty wack coming into the first chicane damaging the rear of the car and requiring a unscheduled stop. Had some good racing for a little while until my race was wrecked by someone who made their own mistake and i was the innocent bystander. So damn frustrating because asides from those 2 incidents and a horrific outlap after my first stop i drove basically perfectly. Just a shame that the 2nd half of the race was more of a test session than a race.

Saying all this though after the hectic moments before the race regarding the blackout i was happy just to race to get a result. It's also the longest race I've done in a long time so was happy to come out of it in relatively good nick, Just would have liked to have been higher up the leaderboard. Finally congrats to @bluexephos22 i know your car had the advantage but you still drove well and deserved the win.