Season 18 - Ze Porsche Cup Challenge Ja!

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Rolz, Feb 1, 2019.

1. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Not going to make tomorrow’s race, have fun all
  2. jlynn777

jlynn777 Team Driver

The pit exit seems a bit wack. There's a barrier that pushes you out of the pit lane and half onto the track.
    Do we swerve around it and trundle down the pit re-entry (which has the pit limiter) or simply jump on the track when we get to that pit lane barrier?
    For reference 9:15 on Bogor's stream.
    Not sure if it's a bit hairy coming out of the pits straight away instead of at T1.
  3. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    We'll sort it out tonight before the race man. Prob's just jump straight onto the track tbh.
    jlynn777 and mesafto like this.
  4. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Won't be racing tonight, but will be about to start official prac :thumbsup:
    marty and mesafto like this.
  5. Rolz

tezpez85 and Anon666 like this.
  6. mesafto

mesafto Rookie

Thanks all for a great season of racing and rolz for being FIA.
    Kudos to the top 3 andy, tez and stiggy.
    Was fortunate to get 4th after beller and jlynn who were on it for laptimes. Honestly felt like a back marker at times with the speed they had on various corners. Had a few memorable moments defending jlynn, one of them was contact on entry into siberia (nup, i meant lukey!). Im pretty sure it was just racing incident? He definitely knows how to apply pressure being in the right spot making me nervous. Was able to set consistent 134's for the rest of the race , which seemed enough to secure 4th. Had another slight touch with tez on his outlap in the same spot but thankfully nothing more.
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
    andyo450, tezpez85 and Rolz like this.
  7. jlynn777

jlynn777 Team Driver

I thought it was at Lukey Heights? Wasn't trying to get alongside but it ended up happening :eek: Felt it was my fault so redressed it. Was intense trying to catch you all race! Everytime I got close I went off though. First time dipped a wheel on the entry to the last corner, then after the pitstop I had a lag contact from behind that punted me off there again - pretty sure that was my connection, then went off again watching my delta as I was on for a pb. Well done on 4th :)

I started my setup from scratch an hour from qualy, ended up running the default with a few small changes and very glad I did. Was very happy with qual, did a big pb but mainly to be within a second of @andyo450 :alien:
    I've been a pussy this season on the first lap so wanted to have a crack. Had a dive on @TheStig13 up the inside of Siberia where we made contact. I went into an awkward slide and lost 2 places but thankfully I didn't take him out.
    Then I had the best seats in the house, watching @cameron beller and mesafto battling away. A couple laps later is was my turn to try get mesafto. Not sure what happened but I went into Lukey Heights much faster and I was up the inside, we made contact and I thought that was silly so redressed it. I nearly got past later on the inside of T2 but I was sliding around, had a terrible exit and lost out into T4. Then lap 11 I ran wide entering the last corner and went off.
    With the gap at around 10 seconds we both pitted lap just before lap 30, except I came out only 4 seconds behind? SO it was back on.
    Lap 35 I had that stupid lag contact from behind coming out of the second last corner, spinning me out into the wall. Then lap 44 I went wide entering the last corner again watching my delta :(
    Was great fun trying to catch you mesafto, I seemed to get way better drive off the last corner and have less aero which helped things but you were too fast and consistent.
    Congrats to andy, @tezpez85 and the Stig! You guys are in another league/milky way solar system.

Thanks all for the great season, and @Rolz for all his hard work :D
  8. mesafto

mesafto Rookie

Just from that lap log, i remember looking at my lap counter 6 of 55, omg.... I have to defend for 40+ laps. :confused: haha
    andyo450, tezpez85 and jlynn777 like this.
  9. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

Long final round!

Never actually raced Phillip Island before but I've been there many times for MotoGP, so it was great to actually drive the circuit (though not so much this patchy, dated incarnation of it). After much setup work to overcome the polygons, I got a good start and got side by side into turn 1 with @TheStig13. Got the inside and was able to get clear by turn 4ish. @andyo450 made a break quite early and got a gap of around 3-4 seconds which pretty much stayed there until I pitted at the midpoint of the race.

Coming out on cold tires was quite sketchy and as they were getting up to temp I was trying to defend against @mesafto. We were side by side around the rear of the circuit and on the slight right hander before Lukey Heights I lifted, but losing drive meant I stopped turning and almost veered into him. He *just* managed to squeeze through with a nudge and some bumper damage. Meanwhile @andyo450 had made a break by a couple of seconds more by staying out and I was just losing time throughout the second stint to finish almost 12 seconds down. *edit* I say losing time, but I think it was Andy who found more pace...

Congrats to @TheStig13 and @andyo450. Also, thanks to everyone else throughout this season - there's been some memorable racing for sure. Wish I could have made more of a contest of it in the end, but every season is more experience under the belt to challenge for victories in the future.
    Bogor, andyo450, jlynn777 and 2 others like this.
  10. Bogor

Bogor Team Driver

Well, what a race. I spent a week practicing and not able to get past the 1:35 mark.
    Practice was uneventful, just tried to get my race line sorted and work on some corners to improve on.
    Qual was very surprising, managed a new PB in the 1:34's and got P9. My best qual for the season. I was excited and also nervous as I was in the middle and knew the first lap would be sketchy. I was doing well trying to stay away from the mess and someone (I think it was PB, not sure though) spun in front of me coming up to Lukey Heights. I slowed slightly to avoid him and Annon hit me fair in the butt, this sent me off and I then hit PB. Lap one and a red front and orange rear. I got back on the track dead last and a fair bit behind, I thought I'll just stay out on track and just repair when I was due to pit. Turns out I was 2 seconds a lap slower with the damage and struggled to get any pace to catch up. Checking the tyre wear I decided to pit and repair at lap 25. the repair only took a few more seconds to complete than the tyre change, however it felt like minutes.
    Once back out and and the tyres at temp, I just put my foot down and tried to make up ground. Turns out I did 3 or 4 new PB's and had a nice little battle with PB near the end of the race. Finished in 9th, and considering the bad luck start I had, I am stocked to have finished in the top 10.
    Congratulations to the Podium getters, you are seriously fast all with times 2 seconds faster than my PB.
    Thanks to Rolz for setting up the servers for the season, it's a shame you were not able to make the last race of the season.
    Big thanks to everyone for being a great bunch of guys to have some fun racing with.
    Bring on the Fun Run season and looking forward to Season 19.
    For those who would like to see the race from my view it is available on my Twitch channel.
    andyo450, tezpez85, jlynn777 and 2 others like this.
  11. Rolz

12. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Congrats guys! Shout out to @tezpez85 for PB championship result and @cameron beller finishing the championship on a PB placing for the round. Ignition smashed it but it was tight for the best of the rest. Nice :)

[​IMG]
    Peter Wise, andyo450 and tezpez85 like this.
  13. Rolz

Well done all! :thumbsup:
    andyo450 and tezpez85 like this.
  14. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Massive thanks to Rolz for all the hard work this season. I understand the burden, and am amazed by how you've got the admin side sorted and been fast. See y'all next season.
  15. andyo450

andyo450 Team Driver Super ROOZ

Thanks for another fun season all. Well done to @tezpez85 and @Shaun_A on 2nd and 3rd in the championship

55laps round Phillip Island was a different kind of test to the usual enduros. I found the best way round was to hold back on the brakes a lot to give the front end a chance to settle. I had a lot of understeer otherwise, I think the t4? hairpin was the only place i was getting to 100% brake pressure.

Got a good lap in in qually to grab pole by 8 tenths.

I had a good getaway in the race and was a ble to keep Stiggy and tez at arms length over the first few laps. The first stint i was trying to be kind to the tyres. I’d already found out the wear was pretty rough round here amd wasnt sure how the car would react towards the end of the stint. Tez was slightly quicker than me at the end but he pitted a few laps earlier. I pitted on lap 30 i think. I knew the tyres would be fine for the second stint so once they came up to temp I pushed a bit harder.
    Well done tez and stig on podium finishes.
    Thanks to @Rolz @marty @KoAStR and @Anon666 for all the organising and stuff you guys do.
    Looking forward to S19
    marty, tezpez85, Bogor and 3 others like this.
  16. jlynn777

jlynn777 Team Driver

17. Rolz

18. Rolz

19. Rolz

20. Rolz