GT-Sport [Completed] 2019 RaceOnOz WORLD ENDURANCE TOUR Powered By Hi-Tec Oils

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by JonoStan96, Nov 11, 2018.

1. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Driver’s Briefing: Lago Maggiore 3 Hour
    Approximate Race Distance: 91-94 Laps
    Please read the following and ‘like’ once you have read and understood it.
    [​IMG]
    Room Name: 2019 RaceOnOz World Endurance Tour Rnd 4: Lago Maggiore 3 Hr
    Top 5 Shootout: 20:00 Sunset (X0 Fuel and Tyres)
    Race -11:30 Fine Weather
    One Lap Test Race: 19:50 AEST
    Start Time: 20:00 AEST
    Racing Mediums
    Tyre/Fuel Depletion: X1

TOP 5 SHOOTOUT:
    This session is only available for those who qualified 5th or better. Everyone is allowed to spectate but only the top 5 are permitted to be on track. The drivers will join the track one by one in reverse order, and will get one flying lap. If a driver in the shootout fails to join in time, they will be demoted to 5th. To speed up proceedings, the next car in line will enter the track once the driver on a flying lap has finished Sector 1. Once a driver has completed their lap, they must quit to the pits but must not exit the track.

RACE START PROCEDURE:
    The room host will set the grid based on the qualifying order. At approximately 19:15, the host must start a 1 lap test to ensure everyone can move off the grid with no issue. This can be done by changing the race type to Practice/Race.

Prior to the race start, the host must double check the Power and Weight of each car matches those listed in the OP.
    The race will start in a side by side formation as per previous endurance events. The pole sitter will set the pace but the 1st lap must not take longer than 4 Minutes. Your speed must not exceed 140km/h during the formation lap. The pole sitter after rounding the final corner can choose when to hit the gas to start the race as long as it is before the start finish line. The race will go green at the start finish line regardless of the pole sitter’s actions.
    If you are silly enough to spin on the formation lap, you are allowed to regain your place, but tough luck if the race starts before you can do so...

NEW: 3 Strikes Rule
    In order to combat the issues in the last event, anyone who freezes on the grid will be given 2 more chances to get going via rejoining and resetting. If it takes more than 3 attempts, you will be excluded from the race however you will pick up a point for 16th place.

TRACK LIMITS: As per our rules and regs drivers must keep 2 wheels on the ripple strips or white lines at all times. We all make a mistake or 2, but if you are caught "continually and obviously" running outside the track limits to gain advantage you risk being penalised post race by the Stewards Group.

CONTACT: CONTACT IS TO BE AVOIDED AT ALL TIMES. If you make contact with the car in front and gain an advantage, you MUST give the place back at the next available opportunity.

SWERVING: You are NOT permitted to swerve from side to side on the straights. Drivers may only change direction ONCE on corner entry.

TURN 1 LAP 1: You can't win the race at turn 1, but you can certainly lose it. Take care into the first corner and leave plentiful space for other drivers, as this is the most risky part of the race. This is a very long race, so there should be no divebombs or ridiculous moves so early on. Heavy damage is on, so you will suffer the consequences if you are stupid.

NUMBER BOARDS: It is a requirement that you place dedicated number boards (found in the OP) on your car in an easy to spot fashion. These are colour coded to clearly indicate entrant level, while the bottom square has been left white so you can edit it as you wish. Please ensure the number itself is clear to see. These boards are mandatory and failure to have them displayed on the car clearly will result in a Non Classification. Discretion may be applied under certain circumstances.

PIT LINES: Use the pit lane lines as indicated. Do not charge into the pit lane as you risk damaging your ego and disrupting the race. Commit early to avoid potentially causing a serious accident. Stay within the lines, you may not cut the exit line AT ALL, otherwise you will receive a warning. For Maggiore, you are permitted to cut the dotted lines, but you must not cut the solid lines.

BLUE FLAGS: Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. You should be aware of the leaders coming up on you, and move out of the way as soon as possible when appropriate. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go, so you can continue the fight with those in your battle.

HEALTH: Please empty your bladder before the race. We have a big enough break before the race to do so, we’ve all heard the degenerate stories of people pissing in bottles to continue playing, I really hope that doesn’t happen here! On the flipside, keep hydrated during the race with a bottle of water or energy drink, etc.

If you have any questions, check the driver’s briefing, check the OP, then if that does not answer your questions, ask me here!
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
  2. LITTLEBLACKO942

LITTLEBLACKO942 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    LITTLEBLACKO932 GTP_AussieRacer GTP_RacerOz
    I'm out tonight
  3. bluexephos22

bluexephos22 Rookie

PSN ID
    BlueXephos22
    ADST?
  4. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Australian Dumb :):):):) Time

Fixed it lol
    Matthyus and bluexephos22 like this.
  5. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    You mean "Australian still have daylight when you get home and not be depressed by leaving work in darkness, Time."
    Zachery and Matthyus like this.
  6. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    You mean "Australian trying to put kids to bloody sleep while its still daylight out" time lol. Its all about perspective
    StigsTC, Easyprey007 and Matthyus like this.
  7. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    Just thought i'd add this here for a laugh.
  8. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    Didn't race because Peking duk
  9. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    [​IMG]
    13th: Zachery - Lap 0

My replay is corrupted, could someone please confirm who dropped out first, Risky or Vardz. Cheers.

Not the most excitng race if I’m honest, my poor effort in qually combined with very poor straight line speed made it difficult to pass, by the time I got clear I was already miles off the lead. Not sure why some feel the need to fight like it’s the final lap of the championship, it’s a 3 hour race for crying out loud. Losing 3 seconds a lap just hurts in the end.

Anyway my race was a dull affair after passing Jarman at the midway point, with no chance of catching the pack ahead and no threat from behind, it was a lonely one. Definitely need to improve my qualifying from now on.

Well done to the podium, would have been nice to have fought up there. A sterling job, big congrats ti @bluexephos22 for back to back wins.
  10. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    I really hate heavy damage sometimes. It has screwed me of any decent result in both races I’ve done through no fault of my own.

Made up a couple spots off the start and settled in behind Vardz. I was quicker than him through the corners but that GT-R is unstoppable in a straight line so passing was very difficult.
    Jono sat in behind me and gave me a little love tap from behind, but hold up now I’ve got damage? Jono managed to get away with it and retained a clean car, but I feel ripped off after getting damage from such a small tap and losing all rear downforce. Okay well if no rear downforce, that means I should pick up some straight line speed right? Oh no I was over 10km/h slower there too. Logic.
    I pitted early to repair the damage and put my head down for what was a fairly lonely race, but it had already taken its toll. Already nearly a minute down.

The car didn’t feel too bad. Didn’t have the pace of the front runners by any means, but the car was comfortable to drive and I could bang in some consistent lap times.
    The final stint with Itz was fantastic. He came out just behind me after he pitted. He applied the pressure but I then started to pull away.
    As my tyres were wearing, he managed to catch me and pass me.
    I had to drive the wheels off the thing to keep up and he ended up making a gap of a few seconds.
    I turned it up a gear and found pace all of a sudden and started to catch back up, and Itz seemed to be struggling a little.
    On the last lap I was a second behind and managed to get an overtake done on the back straight for 7th place.

Well done to Bluexephos for converting great pace into consistent speed yet again.

Cheers
    StigsTC, emmo46, bluexephos22 and 2 others like this.
  11. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
  12. bluexephos22

bluexephos22 Rookie

PSN ID
    BlueXephos22
    Here's the spreadsheet following round 4 (28/4/2019). As usual, any feedback and comments to improve the sheet is much appreciated!
    Due to dropbox being odd with how they format text that goes over more than one cell, I recommend viewing the sheet with excel or google sheets, or a similar software/viewer.
    StigsTC likes this.
  13. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    It was a looooong race. I started down the back and kept up with the tailenders for about three laps avoiding the temptation to dive into gaps left in the battling pack ahead.
    I was running 2 on TC so thought I would dial back to 1 to see if that helped me keep up. Unfortunately that lasted two corners before I over steered into the barrier on the inside of turn two and damaged the RF suspension and air dam.
    The under steer is bad enough on this car without having no front down force so I reluctantly pitted for repairs as it was about an hour before a scheduled stop.
    I declined tires and fuel and then fumbled and declined the repairs so had to pit again the next lap where I took everything. This put me 37 seconds behind the car in front and waaay behind the lead pack. I spent most of the race trying to keep within 30 seconds of those in front, consoling myself that except for my stupid error I would have been in a race with someone.
    My main focus then was to avoid getting lapped and that seemed to be on track until at about the 2 hour mark just before my final stop, @CaptainRisky21 came out of the pits just ahead of me. Here we go I thought, someone to race.
    That lasted for about 3/4 of a lap as I pushed as hard as I could to stay with him until I binned it coming out of the hairpin.
    This destroyed everything including what was left of my spirit and I spluttered back to the pits for repairs and final tires and fuel.
    That meant i was well and truly lapped and I came out of the pits just ahead of @JonoStan96 and in a desperate attempt to stay out of his way I ran wide at turn one and spun almost into the side of him.
    From then on I just motored to the finish. To add insult the timer ran out just as I came to the end of the lap so I was actually classified 2 laps down.
    After the race was over I just shook my head and said to myself what an idiot I must have been to think that I could compete with this quality of field.

Consequently:

FOR SALE

[​IMG]
    One owner and recently renovated. Spares available (they can be found laying against the fence just after the hairpin at Maggiore.)
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
  14. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    Brilliant post.
    That car was tough man, bad understeer and low drive traction I applaud you for sticking it out for the whole 3 hours under pretty trying conditions, and brutal circumstances.
    The way the game manages TC is bloody frustrating. TC2 does too much, really chunks out the power and holds you up even when you have a clean enough line, but its safe, and can protect you from most mistakes.
    TC1? Does nothing until the car is already very spun. Wheelspin? Doesn't care. It only cuts in when it notices the car is travelling about 90 degrees to the direction it is pointing. Oh it also cuts throttle on gear change just in case you burst into wheelspin going from 4th to 5th. Aside from a standing start TC1 has absolutely no value at all. I don't understand how this hasn't been patched yet.

"A credit to the team, the car was really flying out there today."
    JonoStan96, emmo46 and bluexephos22 like this.
  15. Noremac

Noremac Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Normxc
    Tough race giving 100% for 3 hours. In the end the 2 stop was probably to slow as everyone ahead of me was easily in the 1.54s while I was consistently low 1.55s on top of that being put in the gravel is fun. To bad my replay is corrupt and I can't protest your :):):):)ty race craft.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  16. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Here’s my highlights, in hindsight my World Championship comment was probably just sheer frustration, it was my own fault to be in such a bad situation. @razor4797 that crash was such bs, the ping ponging in this game sucks.
  17. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Hi guys, just a quick update on what’s coming soon:
    The Fuji 500km thread will be posted this week, utilising the 3 2008 GT500 cars and selected Gr.3 cars to form GT300.

The Bathurst 3hr BOP will be completed first, this will make BOPing for 3 Hours of Nürburgring much easier as the tracks are similar in nature. BOPing on a 2 minute long track is easier than an 8 minute track that’s for sure.

Inactive cars will be placed back into the Primary Reserve Garage. A car will be vacated if its user has failed to show up for 3 consecutive events.

Countersteering Assistance will be pernanently banned for all driver levels.

Bronze and Silver drivers will receive an additional 1% weight drop for the next 2 Rounds of GT3, however Bronze power boost may be reduced by 1% (TBC).

All cars will receive (a yet to be determined %) weight reduction in an effort to reduce fuel consumption, make cars faster and encourage more varied strategies without fabricating tyre wear.

@bluexephos22 Moves up to Platinum
    @emmo46 Moves down to Bronze.
    bluexephos22, StigsTC and razor4797 like this.
  18. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    Corrupt due to no in-game space left?
    Same thing happened to Jono, he didn’t even realise that was a thing
  19. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
  20. Noremac

Noremac Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Normxc
    Definitely have space available I've done a clear out. I can start to play but soon as I skip the game crashes