GT-Sport [Completed] 2019 RaceOnOz WORLD ENDURANCE TOUR Powered By Hi-Tec Oils

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by JonoStan96, Nov 11, 2018.

1. bluexephos22

bluexephos22 Rookie

PSN ID
    BlueXephos22
    Not surprised but at the same time I'd argue it's the car not me. The M6 was always gonna be really good at Maggiore, it's full of mid-high speed cornering. In addition the tune is so dialed in. I'd point to my qualifying results for the Bathurst 2h and reference how I was just about 3-5 tenths off the other GT4 competition but it is what it is.
    StigsTC likes this.
  2. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    That was absolutely the best race I've seen you run, the cleanest, most consistent 3 hours of running near or at the limit you've ever put down. I knew I could beat you if you made mistakes, but they just never came. All out for 3 hours and you just didn't crack, congrats on the win man.
    Just 1% ballast would have knocked you 2 tenths a lap, which would have put you right in that 2-5 pack in qual, and over 93 laps pushed you 19.6 seconds back, which would have put you between keeden and myself so that 1-2-3 were spread by no more than 4 seconds. Without a doubt tho, that BoP was bloody good based on how we could not break free from each other at all. The margins were so fine so its a shame to see you nerfed by plat rank but also you drove a mega race there and I'm proud of how far you've come since GTPES 2015. For reference 3% ballast for plat would knock you 58.8 seconds, and put you behind Jono in 6th place, even with his battling away for the first half of the race.

For my race review, I got lucky with a pretty bad lap to take super pole, the clean jump pretty much got me my final position as it gifted me track position and kept me clear of early battles to just let me run my pace. After Xephos ran me down I knew fighting him wasn't going to help me beat the rest of the top 5 as we were all locked together on pace. Once I realised keeden and Norm were on the 2 stop it became clear that it was probably the better strat, even if I didn't have the fuel for it and the best result I could get was to try nick 3rd by staying ahead of Mint and trying to catch Norm. Mint was within 3 seconds of me for about two and a half hours of that race, refusing to lose ground in a meaningful way, before fading in the final stint. Had no choice but to stay on it the entire way and hope for a mistake from others, got Keeden down from 13.7 to 5 seconds before he turned it back on, then inched it down to 3.5 seconds by race end and had to be happy to get within 20 of a flawless Xephos, and a smarter Keeden.
    Bloody great race, all 100% running without any break, constant pressure from behind and only 2 or 3 excursions, the biggest issue I had was getting spooked by the helicopter shadow in sector 4 and missing my apex, going off, getting dirty tyres, running wide again and giving up 2 seconds all up just as it looked like I might break away from Mint to get stuck in lock step again.
    That race was a summary of why I love endurance racing. Coming home 3rd very satisfied having driven flat out in a race where a tenth or two a lap was worth positions in both directions. Great stuff Jono, you smashed this one out of the park.
    JonoStan96, emmo46 and bluexephos22 like this.
  3. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    Sounds like the same issue.
    You’ll find if you play the replay without skipping anything, it will reach the point where the replay data stops and it finishes.
    The size of the file will show you as well. My file size is almost 400MB, whereas Jono’s corrupted replay is only 130MB
  4. razor4797

PSN ID
    razor4797
    Finally got my car-suit-helmet combo completed.
    Everything is loosely based off Bernd Schneider circa 2000.
    [​IMG]
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  6. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
  7. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    ok, updated on my end
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  8. razor4797

PSN ID
    razor4797
    Still find it annoying how people get points for rage quitting in the first hour, yet people who actually stick it out the entire 3 hours only manage to scrape an extra couple of points over those people.
    I mean I understand the reason behind it, but it still doesn’t seem exactly fair.
    Just my take
    deedz_aus, Hatfield, StigsTC and 3 others like this.
  9. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    its @JonoStan96 's series... if he wants to tell me someone RQ and gets 0, then I will score it as such
  10. razor4797

PSN ID
    razor4797
    Nah mate don’t think I was having a dig at you or anything, because I definitely wasn’t, sorry if it came across that way.
    I was just making a general statement
    LennonLegend1993 likes this.
  11. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I didn't think you were. all good mate :)
  12. deedz_aus

deedz_aus Rookie

PSN ID
    deedz_aus
    What Nurburgring track are we on for next race?
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  13. razor4797

PSN ID
    razor4797
    The 24hr layout I believe
    deedz_aus and JonoStan96 like this.
  14. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Correct, Nürburgring 3 Hour is the 24 layout, Großer Pries is the GP layout.
    deedz_aus likes this.
  15. JonoStan96

PSN ID
  16. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    OP updated, Citroen and Renault placed back into Reserve Garage. New entrants are permitted to pick whatever car they wish in that garage.
    Easyprey007 likes this.
  17. bluexephos22

bluexephos22 Rookie

PSN ID
    BlueXephos22
    JonoStan96 and StigsTC like this.
  18. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Matthyus and Easyprey007 like this.
  19. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Hi all, could I please have an opinion on the new physics introduced in the new update, I had done enough work to BOP to almost release an update however the new update has undone everything.

For me I’m really struggling to come to terms with it, would you guys be happy if we move the next event back one week? This will avoid a clash with the real life Le Mans 24 as well. Cheers
    xlxy90, Toranafan-02, Noremac and 4 others like this.
  20. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    If you need an extra week to get it right, im all for it man.
    JonoStan96 likes this.