ACC Fun Run! Early Access

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Rolz, Apr 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Just setting up a Fun Run Series and test cars and tacks, build your Safety ratings, track rating etc for the future... Unsure if ACC will allow whitelists... I hope so... makes introducing newbies without password locking the server a better idea...

Race 1 - Misano
    Race will be Thursday 11 April
    Will have 2x22min Sprint (unsure if I can do 2x races one after the other, will see!)

Race 2 - Hungaroring
    Race will be Thursday 18th April
    Will have 45min Race (still no forced pit)

Race 3 - Nurburgring
    Race will be Thursday 2nd May April

Race 4 - Paul Ricard
    Race will be Tuesday 14th May April
    Will have 40min Race (still no forced pit)

Note - just trying to get something off the ground for ROOZ and see if we can get some more ppl to join in.

Seasoned racers will know the drill, but for those new to our fine forum, please read the Code of Conduct and Racers Guide, both good reads and worth a second look if it's been a while.
    There will be 15 minutes of qualifying and then into the race, total racing time usually around 45 minutes.

Start time now since DST is over is 8:30pm AEST (6:30pm WA Time)

More races info to follow...
    Last edited: May 14, 2019
    Spidey_11, andyo450, c4rLo5 and 4 others like this.
  2. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Cool I have the next few Thursday nights free so will join in whenever I can.

Maybe for 2 races there needs to be 2 qualy sessions and set as a sprint format, I will test out this arvo how it works but ARK guys last Friday had 2 qualy sessions and 2 races, grid had no issues but start positions didnt make much sense.

The qualy for a regular sprint round in the real series has q1 for race 1 and q2 for race 2, with both sessions before race 1.

Possibly setting Sprint, 3hr or 6hr weekend also determines qualy format but it may be broken in current build. The only real format with forced pit is the sprint rounds which have 1hr races, no refueling and forced driver change on stop including tyre change with pit window 25 to 35 minutes.

Real enduro qualy sessions also dont allow refueling from start of qualy to the last session which most likely will all be possible once ACC is done.

For enduro rounds they have multiple sessions with 1 for each driver, 3 sessions I think for 3hr races maybe 4 for longer rounds. The race grid is set by average lap time between all drivers. The problem with ACC is we need to figure out how to force whichever qualy format we want.

I suspect 1 qualy session and 2 races is what broke the grid last time as Blancpain never runs 1 qualy for 2 races. Maybe with no second qualy session it just had no grid order for race 2 and so put most cars in the same spot.
    Rolz likes this.
  3. Rolz

I do hope for us they open this up and be more flexible... same as allowing reverse grid to mix it up...
    Still for build 0.7.2 they are doing a pretty awesome job :)
    marty likes this.
  4. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

Will try for next Thursday
    Rolz likes this.
  5. Rolz

Was surprised we had as many as we did (7)
    With a little more exposure I think we could get more ppl :)
  6. Mat Nipperess

Mat Nipperess Rookie

Funny you say that, because I actually have a business in this field (promotions). My advice, keep it fun, positive and utilise social media as much as you can. Keeping it fun and positive exploits basic psychology we all have as humans in which we naturally gravitate to any activity that looks fun and has happy people all around it, and social media, like Facebook, is free and I would argue gets more eyes than any other media
    Rolz and KoAStR like this.
  7. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

Alas, missed out again - are there going to be more of these?
  8. Rolz

Updated for race tonight
    Race 3 - Nurburgring
    Race will be Thursday 2nd May April
    Mat Nipperess likes this.
  9. Flamebadger

Flamebadger ACC Server Legend

Hello, I joined the server for the 45min race tonight; and although the field thinned significantly through the race, it was nice to have a server going at a time that works in Oz. If you keep running these I will try to keep turning up, be nice to have a semi-organised place to race on ACC with some like-minded people :)
    Mat Nipperess likes this.
  10. Rolz

hey mate, glad u could make it!
    Join us on discord https://discord.gg/JB257mk

Sadly I had a network connection issue that dropped me and my cadaver wiped @marty out in the process :( :cry:

I have to search/raise that issue in the ACC forums as it's happened a few times to me... I get dropped but my PC seems to think it's in a twilight zone copy of the server running :confused:
    marty likes this.
  11. Bogor

Bogor Team Driver

This is what I saw from the start line. It then kicked me to Garage and had a 3 minute penalty. I decided to leave.
    Also for what ever reason I was having video lockup issues while driving and the stream looks to be pretty sketchy as well.
    Might not stream while racing in ACC and see what happens.
    https://clips.twitch.tv/AbnegateBenevolentArugulaPeteZarollTie
  12. Flamebadger

Flamebadger ACC Server Legend

At least you got a nice view of my Jag floating in mid air first...!

I've had that 3min penalty on the startline a couple of times, really annoying.
  13. Rolz

did u do a qual lap?
    I've already posted on the ACC forums about this BS boot to pit if u haven't done a qual lap...
    Hope that's fixed in v1
  14. Bogor

Bogor Team Driver

yeah I did several qual laps, however I quit out to try and lower my video settings to try and fix the VR stuttering I was seeing. so maybe it did not like me coming back in. Although it kept my qual time and put me in the correct position. Did you notice the cars lifting their rear when waiting in line?
  15. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Shame we had a few issues last night, was going to be a tricky race as it was the first time I tried the Bentleigh there. Only just found a bit of pace in it at the end of qualy but was not likely to hold rolz off for much longer. When it got dark it got real dark quick lol and I was a bit lost for a couple laps.
  16. Mat Nipperess

Mat Nipperess Rookie

Whats the go for tonight? Nurburgring take 2?
  17. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Unfortunatly for me Thursday nights arent great, but if weather is chit as it usually is in Melbourne I will make the race. Monza is quite a fun race but if you were to do this it would have to be a locked server, not many seem to have a high enough SA rating yet to get into a server that will keep the usual muppets out especially at Monza.

But as I am highly unlikely to make it then I will leave it to @Rolz or whatever you guys want. Had some good races with @Godzilla in our practice server with the dynamic weather. Its pretty cool to just let the server run and anything can happen, admins dont know what will happen any more then anyone else. Being on the wrong tyres is almost more fun then the right ones, not fast but can be great fun.

A large field in changeable conditions would be interesting if some start on wets some on dry's. The pit stops in ACC are clumsy AF though so I have just ran whatever tyres I started on so far, have yet to have a dry track get a proper storm so the slicks in light rain were still workable to a point. With dynamic weather however it may just stay dry especially if using realistic conditions in real time.

I can setup the server but normaly leave for tennis about 7pm Melbourne time, was home by 7.30 last week as a storm came through before we even got to the courts and it was called a washout.
  18. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Yer same for me I would love to participate in this more but can really only make it in atrocious weather as I otherwise have club MTB ride commitments Thursdays.
  19. Rolz

I can set a server up, but really want to do some setup testing and practice for AC league race... Thursday night are generally a good evening to do this as there is a few of us that jump on to do the same

Maybe I setup ACC fun runs for Tuesday?
  20. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Tuesdays or Wednesdays would work better for me, looking at the radar for Melbourne atm it looks like it may get pretty wet tonight so looking more likely I will be around tonight. Anyone interested in some fun runs can say which nights would be best for them and we can move it as Thursday have traditionally been the main season practice nights. The ACC release is end of this month so post that it will get a few more and we can look at some official seasons. Either on Tuesdays after the AC league is done or another night if there is still enough interest for AC to keep one going also.
    Godzilla and Rolz like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.