GT Sport Season 7 Division 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Apr 20, 2019.

1. LennonLegend1993

LennonLegend1993 Team Driver

I’m dissapointed that I couldn’t join in. I was sitting behind buster and SLOWLY catching. Then he upped his pace and I made a few errors.
    Russell, Matthyus and Buster_Danis like this.
  2. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I found the early laps quite hectic and after falling back to 6th early I thought my chance of a win was gone.
    Russell, Matthyus and Buster_Danis like this.
  3. Buster_Danis

Buster_Danis Team Driver

I knew you were up to some sort of sneaky strategy when I saw you falling back and I couldn’t help but think “geez @Matthyus we’re holding each other up and @emmo46 is going to get us later!” & and sure as hell you did!;)
    Matthyus, LennonLegend1993 and emmo46 like this.
  4. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    no
  5. DAMN_RIGHT_BOB

DAMN_RIGHT_BOB Rookie

PSN ID
    DAMN_RIGHT_BOB
    Boy oh boy did I have a mixed race, loved my start won and lost a couple of battles in the early laps until the last corner of lap 6, got a bit tail happy on the exit to the main straight and ended up in the pits, had to got to plan Z, chucked on RM and rode them out for 15 or so laps then finished my last stint on RS. After a monumental error, to finish 4th I'm actually pretty stoked!

Congrats again to @emmo46.
  6. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I had trouble keeping track of what position I was in over the first 1/4 of the race. Dazza and I were tumbling down the field as we fumbled in our battle, there cars passing both of us at times.
  7. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Whoo hoo! my first ever divisional win. Came 5th overall and was more than pleased with that given the mixed div we're in. During the weeks leading up to last night I'd done three different full distance tests seeing if I could eek out a one-stopper. The questions remaining were RM -> RS or RS -> RM and could I actually get to lap 17 or 18 under race conditions.

Qualified in 7th and started on the softs, off we went. Managed to get up to 6th by turn three despite the squirrely start every one was having - lot's of tail happy cars in close proximity. Well done all for getting through it cleanly. The red mist was starting to descend and the competitive juices made me push a bit hard so that eventually @Tristan Jones passed me as I ran wide. I started to work on getting the place back but then the little voice said stick you your strategy. I did, dropped back to 9th or 8th but just cruised around cranking out clean mid 1:22 laps using my fuel saving strategy. I saw many pit around me and then huzaah!, saw that I could pit on lap 19. Came in, put on the mediums and 1.5 laps more fuel than I needed to finish then went off at full pace for the remainder of the race. A little bit of fuel saving on the last lap meant I finished with 0.4 laps of fuel left.
    Last edited: May 20, 2019
  8. LennonLegend1993

Congrats mate! Came out of the pits after my last stop only 4 or 5s behind you, and then had to fuel save from 8 laps to get me to the end (14 laps).
    That saw you get up over 10s ahead of me :(

Well done on the race and the divisional win!
  9. Tristan Jones

Tristan Jones Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    I was going well till I came out of pits and took a long walk on the grass...after managing gaps so tightly, seeing everyone fly by threw me...hard to get back in the groove after that.

Sooooo...not blaming Kylie but she walked in the room and I crashed...

I only got 1 practise session in before race night, and had plenty of chores still not done before race time so almost called it off...glad I stuck it out, almost very pleased if I had managed to stay ahead of deeds and lennon! Hard to follow race position given the various viable strategies, i wonder how close to Colin I may have got had I not crashed?
  10. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    have to name that one Kylie Korner
  11. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    I did wonder at the gap at the time, when I saw it was at 10s I made sure I kept it that way as best I could.
    LennonLegend1993 likes this.
  12. LennonLegend1993

Gutted. I feel I could battled you and @DAMN_RIGHT_BOB for 4th.
    DAMN_RIGHT_BOB and emmo46 like this.
  13. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Round 2 Results
    Qual
    [​IMG]
    Race Results
    [​IMG]
    Race Timings
    [​IMG]
    Dazza - 1.20.792
  14. LennonLegend1993

And here we are. Not a whole lot happened in the last 10 laps or so, but here’s this weeks highlights.
  15. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Some really good battles in there.
  16. LennonLegend1993

Yeah, buster and Johnno were going at it for a good 15/16 laps, which I think ultimately handed you the win.
    Buster_Danis likes this.
  17. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Yeah, it sure helped, after I finally got back to 3rd after the early lap tumble down the order I was about 9 seconds back, their fighting let me catch up to within about 5 seconds. Putting in a couple of good clean laps at the end of my first RS stint while they were on mediums also helped.
    Buster_Danis likes this.
  18. Buster_Danis

Buster_Danis Team Driver

I think he was on for the win with his strategy from the get go. i had thought about doing a one stop as well but didn't feel confident enough.
    ahh, hindsight, it's a wonderful thing isn't it:rolleyes:
    Matthyus and emmo46 like this.
  19. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    I was gonna do the 1 stopper too :(
    I had the pace to win, just didn't get the strategy right.
    Buster_Danis and emmo46 like this.
  20. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Round 3: Red Bull Mini - 2 x 27 laps - 10:45 Cloudy - 26/5 (Sprint Round)
    [​IMG]

As always please take 2 mins to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night......If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regs please ask !

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEST. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:20 AEST for 10 mins (NO PITSTOPS ALLOWED IN QUALIFYING - if you do pit during qualifying, you must start rear of grid). Once 10 mins has been reached, finish the lap you are on and park up off track.
    RACE START TIME : 8:30 AEST (once qualifying has finished)

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....
    SIGHT ISSUES: Ensure that you can see everyone on track. After qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again. It can also be done pre-qualifying to save time if there is no chance of latecomers.

FALSE START CHECK : Please note that the start type is Grid Start with False Start Check
    Please practice this so you know what to expect. Simply, you hold the brakes on until the lights go from all lit, to none lit

TURN 1 LAP 1 : This has the potential to ruin someones night if we don't use our heads ! Should be everyone's goal to get through the first phase with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line. If your unassisted tap causes someone to spin, you need to redress.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.
    If you bump someone and they end up off track or teleport back to the corner entry, you must wait for them to rejoin and get back up to speed.
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive the car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow drivers.

TYRES : RACING SOFT ONLY and x1 WEAR (for tyres and fuel x1 wear)

PIT ENTRY : Drivers MUST make an attempt to use the pit entry / exit lines.
    PIT EXIT : Please use the pit exit lane and be aware of cars approaching after T1.
    NOTE: Pitting is NOT compulsory

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be will be @Hatfield @JonoStan96 @Viperzed & @emmo46. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let us know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. We will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved !

FINAL NOTE: Could all drivers please confirm their attendance for this Sunday by 'liking' this post in your division. If you are unable to attend, please post in reply as much in your division. This way we can figure out our reserves or if the room can start early in advance.