ACC Assetto Corsa Competizione - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Beau_Albert, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Cheers Marty and Rolz.
    Rolz, I may have to pick your brain a bit more if i can't figure this. I kinda understand what you said but more so not o_O haha
  2. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    Last edited: May 12, 2019
  3. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

How'd u go @Spidey_11? Did any of those work for you?
    What Base do you have?
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  4. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    I haven't tried them yet. Hopefully tonight and I'll report back.
    I have a CSL elite PS4 version base with the McLaren GT3 rim.
    I'm liking ACC so I'll get my ratings up then pop into the online Rooz servers!
    Godzilla and Rolz like this.
  5. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    Re: Mapping wheels buttons in game.

So I got this to work for me.
    I was having real issues connecting my wheel base to the PC so make sure you have the updated drivers (Fanatec in my case).

Once I got the wheel connected properly I started up ACC and used the buttons on my wheel to navigate the menu. I didn't use my mouse, not sure if the mouse if the trouble but try it without using the mouse.
    I used the up and down toggle switch to get around the button mapping menu and it worked well.
    My rotary dials on the McLaren GT3 rim does work but it recognises each click as a button. If you have these rotary dials like me you'll have to wait for added support to map the to all the fuel maps or whatever you're after.

If you have a Fanatec McLaren rim or similar apparently you'll need to change a setting on the rim itself (after you update it to the latest driver). It's the first left click once you press the function button. It's titled MPS FNC. Change this from Pulse to Constant.
  6. Rolz

Glad to hear ur mostly up and running @Spidey_11!
    Yeah with engine map I set a button on the wheel to be one press go down and a delayed press go back up... is a cool feature on ACC... so for instance my start car button is one press and start car engine is the same button but a delayed press.
    Same with windscreen wipers... one press on and a longer press to increase/decrease speed... I think I have lights setup that way too... one press on, long press high-beam
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  7. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    Good thinking Rolz! I saw the long press option but didn't think to map to it.
    Rolz likes this.
  8. Rolz

Yeah I had mine to constant but it just saw the dials as a single button 36-40 something... set it back to AUTO and then saw it go back to "+" or "-" in the Fanatec properties page... and my TC and Break Balance started to work again :)
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  9. Rolz

10. marty

marty AC Server Legend

We are having a fun run tonight at 9pm AEST 40 min race 10 min qualy with practice on atm if anyone wants to join. Its SA50 so if you cant get in get on discord and let us know.
    Spidey_11 and JustPuggin like this.
  11. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    @JustPuggin I see you've found the ACC thread :thumbsup:. Need anymore help around the forum?
  12. Rolz

@JustPuggin yeah ping here if u have questions on ACC... a few of us are happy to help and across most items to get u happily racing with us :thumbsup:
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  13. Rolz

14. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Having a look at our servers it seems the unrestricted server has pretty much never had anyone in there, there are quite a few other Aussie servers with no restrictions so for a test I am setting both of ours at SA60. One is practice only so a 30 min practice session and the other short race format 10 min qualy and 20 min race.

I think if people want to race open servers there is plenty of choice for this already and we really don't need any more of them. Track wise I have put both on Monza for now with the same dynamic weather settings for both. If anyone would want another track just say so here and we can change it but Monza seems to get a few in usually.

Post release we can change this up, but I have seen a few practice only servers and this may be a good way to get a few in and run some laps, then you can suggest in chat if people want to race to move to server 1. ;)
    Spidey_11 and Rolz like this.
  15. Mat Nipperess

Mat Nipperess Rookie

So, new people to the game won't be able to race on Thursday night?
    My brother is interested, but, he only just got ACC and has done all of about an hour of gameplay.
  16. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

It really doesn’t take long to get SA up at all, not something to worry about and makes racing better for everyone
    Rolz likes this.
  17. Rolz

We’ll have a no license server and a SA60 one running on the night!
    It’s doable to get right to PC mode in an hour... I know as I talked a mate through it... then he did the challenge on the track we had been driving on for the past hour, got a PC50 to open SA... but from there I’d recommend AI for consistent racing to build SA level... not enough online ppl atm to do it via MP
  18. marty

marty AC Server Legend

For fun runs etc we just need people to say if they want to race and what rating they have. If there is enough interest here and many dont have ratings we can run a passworded server especially early after release if an open server is a waste of time but many dont have ratings yet. We can run an fully open server too if people want to race in it, if people here want to do this and admin such servers then go ahead and we can set a server up for that I likely wont be there maybe @Rolz or someone else wants to babysit these. ;)

On release day we can change this up to whatever people want, but if you want decent public server racing you need restrictions to have any hope of decent racing. We can have fully open servers hosted here but there are already about 10 of these in Australia, I havent seen another one with restrictions locally.

Best experiance for all in future fun runs a bit after release is for people to rate up and then allow us to keep these servers open with stricter ratings to allow more casuals in and keep the racing standards decent.

It may be even easier to get a basic rating but it really doesnt take so long in EA, if you want any benefit to the ratings system and get good casual racing then putting in a little time to get a rating is better IMHO then hoping everyone else will want to race you in fully open servers, then expect someone to not even race and just admin this server to keep the racing decent.

Honestly though this is just my view and I am not talking on behalf of the league here, nothing has been set officialy here. In AC we used minorating for our practice servers, league races have always been on locked servers but casual fun runs we often tried to keep it open and clean.

If others here (the main admins etc) want to do things completly differently thats completly fine and I will can host my own servers. I think its best to have the league associated with good clean and fair racing especially in public servers to help encourage more good racers to want to race in the league.
  19. Rolz

Yeah gotta see what admin tools they release with v1... atm it’s very light.
    On the night we can discuss option on discord anyway :thumbsup:
    marty likes this.
  20. Mat Nipperess

Mat Nipperess Rookie

I talked with my bro and he just said he'll smash some races against the AI before Thursday. That should sort him out, I hope
    Rolz and marty like this.