ACC Fun Run! Early Access

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Rolz, Apr 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marty

marty AC Server Legend

All you need to do is 4 consecutive clean laps with no off tracks at a reasonable pace to get all 3 track medals at any track. ;) Having the track medals on the servers as a filter at least ensures people can get around the track, not that you would have any issues with it but even the open server it will help somewhat to keep the worst guys out.

Have you unlocked SA ratings yet? you may need to run the special events and get above 50PC rating before this unlocks too.
    Spidey_11 and Rolz like this.
  2. nanlatt

nanlatt ACC Server Legend Gold Member

I did make the Paul Ricard race with you guys.....very tricky condition. Never race the Lambo on the track before so that was an eye opener. Was able to keep up for a while but couldn't maintain it.
    I've just had a knee reconstruction so can drive IRL or sim unfortunately but I'll definitely be back for more when I'm able. Was hanging for V1.0 and won't even be able to try it. I'll still be hanging out in the forum to hear what you guys think of it.
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  3. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Ah that sucks... I've had both left/right ACL's replaced over the years so know where u are... do the physio exercises they give u... speeds up recovery... I know from being lazy on my first one to putting in 100% more effort on the second one (was 15yrs apart) Recover quickly and cya on the track soon! :D
  4. Rolz

ACC Server02 password "rooz"
    Spa!!
  5. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I have made Raceonoz Server 01 SA70 and 30 grid spots at Silverstone atm. I have also enabled spectate function with password "watch" if anyone wants to try that. ;) Not sure if we really need 30 grid spots or if we will get that many but it needs SA70 3 medals for this.
    Spidey_11 and Rolz like this.
  6. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Hey guys,
    Can I either give out the "rooz" password to new people wanting to race with us while I stream or can we change the password to something so we don't give out or normal server password?
  7. Rolz

I have no issues and we can easily change it if it gets out of hand :)
    marty and Spidey_11 like this.
  8. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    sweet!

The idea behind this is to attract some more racers and grow the Rooz ranks.

Full disclaimer I have no idea who this people may be and how bad/clean they are.....
  9. marty

marty AC Server Legend

If people want clean racing they will just use the public restricted server, ideally this would be a better one to stream from and get the ROOZ ranks to grow. Early on however its likely not that many have the ratings to get in and the pass server can be used for this. Just remember to see the passworded server you need to search for it only open pub servers will show up in the lobby.

The SA70 30 grid spot server has a password box there but that pass is for the spectate function, to use the server normally anyone with the ratings to get in can join and doesn't need to add the pass. To spectate use the password "watch" but you wont be able to drive, I wonder if someone can spectate without having the ratings to get in. If anyone wants to test this and let us know it would be good. ;)
    Rolz likes this.
  10. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    I tried it earlier and got in that server using the watch password. The server was empty but it worked.
    I only have SA53 atm
  11. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Ok thanks thats good to know, also last night had a few in the passworded server which will likely stay popular while new people are getting their ratings up. I have removed the long practice from that server and changed tracks on both and also sped up time a little to 6 so weather will change a bit more often.

If anyone has a track preference just say so here and we can load it up, currently pub is Silverstone and pass is Brands.
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  12. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Flamebadger likes this.
  13. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Rookie

@marty Glad to report no crashes today. Last night it crashed 3 times in a row when returning to pits from the pause menu. It seemed to be around the time Kunos were working on the server back end and it did start working ok again later, prior to updating to 1.0.1.
    marty and KoAStR like this.
  14. marty

marty AC Server Legend

This Thursday night I will run an ACC fun run with a 1hr race and a 10 minute qualy at 9pm AEST with a longer practice session before this.

We can run this as open SA85 using the whitelist for any ROOZ members that havent got their rating up yet. Will be at Zolder for this race so anyone not on the whitelist with over SA85 make sure you have 3 track medals for this track. There is no way to force pit stops in current server build so it wont be regular Blancpain sprint format and you dont need to stop.

Once stops are added we can try a race with optional driver swaps using sprint format but also allow people to run on their own if they want.
    mesafto, jlynn777 and Rolz like this.
  15. squid

squid Rookie

wew more backmarkering for me
  16. gratulin

gratulin Rookie

I’m more then 3sec off the pace and to achieve that I am pushing pretty hard so very unlikely to make 20minutes let alone an hour of racing. I might join the first part of the race to see how it goes. After that I will pit for a cup of tea and then join back in for another stint. Is that OK? Not sure you really want a car like that on track. Though Blancpain does seem to have quite a few in that position in the enduro rounds :eek:
  17. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    I usually the same if not more. Everyone welcome here regardless of pace. Just respect the blue flags and be predictable when the front runners come through IE lift off or move off the racing line early and maintain that line.
    marty likes this.
  18. Rolz

These will still be FunRuns to work this all out... I really want to be able to split drivers into classes so they can have enjoyable battles within their group
  19. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Once we can set pit windows and work out how to properly do driver swaps it would be an option to have a 1hr sprint race. People could run on their own or as a team if they dont want to do a full stint.

For the fun run just have fun, dont block under blues but also no need to drive off track to let cars pass. Some people do this and it actualy makes it harder to figure out if they are having an off or trying to be over cautious. Slower guys can run a regular line then just give a lane to cars that are lapping.

If your slowing down too much its going to make your race a bit crappy so learning to not hold others up while costing yourself minimal time is a good skill to learn. This needs some practice and fun runs are a great time for this.
    krunch and Rolz like this.
  20. Mat Nipperess

Mat Nipperess Rookie

@Rolz could you add me to the whitelist? Had a really :):):):)ty race a few weeks back and haven't had much spare time to get my SA back up to 85
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.