GT Sport Season 7 Division 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Apr 20, 2019.

1. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    i'd ben a lower div then by the looks
  2. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Hmmm, this might be my drop round?
    Buster_Danis likes this.
  3. Buster_Danis

Buster_Danis Team Driver

Don’t worry @Matthyus is bluffing!:laugh::unsure::cautious:
    Matthyus likes this.
  4. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    YOU would like to think so wouldn't you :):cool:
    Buster_Danis likes this.
  5. Aza2672

Aza2672 Aron Baker Gold Member

PSN ID
    AB_Saints_25 (Formerly Aza2672)
    I'm doing mid to low 1:43's and my best time is a low 1:42
    Buster_Danis and emmo46 like this.
  6. LennonLegend1993

LennonLegend1993 Team Driver

Knowing you mate, you’ll be doing 1:40s during the race. That extra level come race time
    Buster_Danis likes this.
  7. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    i've seen it now, and emmo is up there too
    Buster_Danis likes this.
  8. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    I will be there tonight guys with a grand total of 22 laps under my belt.
  9. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Round 4
    Qual
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Race Results
    [​IMG]
    Race Timings
    [​IMG]
  10. LennonLegend1993

My race;

Qualified 4th. Not too bad. I wasn’t expecting that.
    Turn 1, lap 1 I get punted.
    Annoyance kicks in, and I lose focus. Later in lap 1, I punt @emmo46 - sorry mate. I know I’m the end you got the win, but that’s beside the point. It was poor driving by me.

I spin on multiple laps which I hadn’t done in my 25 laps practice and qualifying.
    I eventually work my way back to 6th, and get sent to the shadow realm again. @JAKO155 - no redress?

Anyway. A night to forget. Once again.

Well done emmo, @Matthyus and @Buster_Danis
  11. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    My race went exactly how I expected after a few months off after I surprised myself with outqualifying Jonesy, I did manage to escape all of the lap 1 shenanigans only to take myself out a few times but I only wanted to circulate and not cause grief so I achieved. Congrats to the podium.
  12. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I was lucky to come away with the win and 2 bonus points. Got put into the sand at turn one and was back to 9th place, made a couple of spots up but then got put in the sand again at the really tight left were the short and long tracks split and back to 9th again. Finished the first lap about 11.5 seconds back and then lost a couple of more seconds making my way past back markers. Luckily about 4 of those ahead of me went off track and cleared a path so that I was back up to third after a couple of laps. @Buster_Danis pitted end of lap three to take off his RM tires and I was up to 2nd and closing slowly on the leader @Matthyus . @Matthyus pitted end of lap 14 while I was about 7 seconds back and I concentrated hard to do clean laps until I pitted lap 17 for my RM and came out about 3 seconds ahead of him. I then kept it tidy to increase the lead slightly to take a win I thought was surely gone after lap 1.
  13. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    It was fantastic to see some excellent Fittipaldi retro liveries. To win in the Copersucar livery gladdens my weary old heart.:)
  14. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    No worries :), it made the win all the more satisfying coming from so far back and certainly added interest to my race, I just gobbled down some Darrell Lea chocolate, said no worries Jan and pressed on. Please don't do it again though :whistling:.
  15. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    A much better result than I expected overall. Qualified 7th, nothing special, workmanlike. Got off the line in handy manner but was baulked by @Aza2672 wheel spinning smoke cloud, however that meant I missed all the turn one shenanigans and passed trough the carnage unscathed and into 5th. Followed @Aza2672 and @Tristan Jones for a bit then enacted my fuel saving strategy. Got knocked off at one stage by an out of control @DAMN_RIGHT_BOB but he redressed and on we went. Caught and followed @JAKO155 closely putting pressure on him as he appeared to be struggling on his tyres. He eventually went off of his own accord and proceeded to put in some consistent laps. Pitted on lap 17 for RMs and fuel then full speed to the finish. Over did the tight hairpin at one stage but got it back on track again passing @JAKO155 as he went off at the same place. Finished 6th overall and 1st in my div again - a hat trick.

Congrats to the podium, didn't see anything of them after the start.
  16. Buster_Danis

Buster_Danis Team Driver

Another podium is good even if it again tastes a little bittersweet.
    The strategy I decided on seemed fairly solid if not a little unorthodox.
    Decided to forego a good quali result by choosing to start on RMs so ended up 8th on the grid.
    Made a decent start and watched everyone ahead of me bar @Matthyus struggle in the first corner, went through unscathed & was in second by the second corner! Settled into a rhythm for 3 laps, pitted for RS & came out just ahead of @Bluemoon & then lost that into first corner but gained it back pretty quick then went into fuel saving mode until pitting again at the end of lap 16. Knowing fuel burn was on x2, I would need 12 or 13 laps worth of fuel to be able to go flat chat til the end.
    Well my pit crew decided that wasn’t enough of a challenge & sent me out with just 9.8 laps worth!:mad::mad::mad::poop::poop::thumbsdown: (Insert all manner of expletives here!) :whistling:
    So back to fuel saving mode again. Even so, managed to stay in low 1:42s & slowly reel in @Matthyus but ran out of laps.
    Congratulations once again to @emmo46 & @Matthyus for the win & second.:thumbsup:
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
  17. DAMN_RIGHT_BOB

DAMN_RIGHT_BOB Rookie

PSN ID
    DAMN_RIGHT_BOB
    A blade of grass got in the way, sorry about that one mate, when I looked at the replay I'm actually surprised I didn't ghost, I was hard on the brakes and well out of control that I'd normally expect it to ghost a lot earlier. :oops:
    T F Eccles, Buster_Danis and emmo46 like this.
  18. DAMN_RIGHT_BOB

DAMN_RIGHT_BOB Rookie

PSN ID
    DAMN_RIGHT_BOB
    What a blur of a race, think I got about about 25 odd laps of practice, not enough for this track, was finding more pace as the race went on. As many clean overtakes as I had I also made the same amount of rubbish ones, sorry to @LennonLegend1993 and @T F Eccles.

Made all my mistakes on turn one, either missing breaking points or touching grass. Had my chance to finish 4th however binned it in the later stages and handed it to a fast closing @Bluemoon.

Definitely a blur, but qually 6th, finished 5th, can't complain with finishing better than when you qualify right?!

Big congrats to podium.
  19. LennonLegend1993

If you improve on your starting position on the grid, you're doing alright. ;)

All good my man. These things happen. Still getting used to the wheel is a good excuse :rolleyes::p
  20. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    This week's race highlights will be interesting, especially the first few laps, it was bedlam out there. :eek: