GT Sport Season 7 Division 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Luke

Luke Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    deltron2016
    Oh right whoops, yeah I'm stuffed
    Russell likes this.
  2. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
  3. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Whats a good time around here? Only just got on for some practice
  4. LennonLegend1993

LennonLegend1993 Team Driver

Keeden did a flying lap for our team, with a 1:18.
    Other div 1 guys sitting in 1:19/low 1:20s as far as I know.
  5. aranteamo

aranteamo Rookie

PSN ID
    Azzbang237
    I can't make it tonight
  6. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Last edited: May 20, 2019
    Russell likes this.
  7. Jamie

Jamie Rookie

PSN ID
    Moozer81
    Decided to go with the risky strategy of qualifying on Mediums last night (only Groover and myself tried I believe) and ended only 6th with a 1:20.2. Race start and a few people in front had some contact or wheelspin out of turn one and a perfect gap opened up for me to slot nicely into 3rd (seriously watch the replay!). From there pace was ok on mediums for 6 laps and held 3rd position before switching to softs. Problem was after being used to the mediums I couldn't find my rhythm on the faster tyre for a while and didn't make the gains on the leaders that I needed. Lonely race on my own but massive pressure towards the end as I knew @holdenman05 had to stop for mediums. Happy with 2nd but the pace should have been there to be a little closer on the last lap. Can't wait for the next round. Congrats @holdenman05, and @Whizz94 for another close on-track battle.
  8. holdenman05

holdenman05 Team Driver

PSN ID
    holdenman05
    I started 2nd, which wasn't bad as I had inside line to turn 1 which netted me 1st as we went in due to people trading paint behind me. Then set into fuel saving mode lap2, bad luck @NAACS, pitted end of 17 came out between whizz and @groover33 , second stint was not quite as consistant than the 1st. Pitted and ran last lap on meds, well done to @Jamie I was sweating them last 10 laps lol, and @whizz being there all race too
    Jamie, Ian Cannan and Matthyus like this.
  9. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Round 3: Red Bull Mini - 2 x 27 laps - 10:45 Cloudy - 26/5 (Sprint Round)
    [​IMG]

As always please take 2 mins to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night......If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regs please ask !

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEST. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:20 AEST for 10 mins (NO PITSTOPS ALLOWED IN QUALIFYING - if you do pit during qualifying, you must start rear of grid). Once 10 mins has been reached, finish the lap you are on and park up off track.
    RACE START TIME : 8:30 AEST (once qualifying has finished)

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....
    SIGHT ISSUES: Ensure that you can see everyone on track. After qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again. It can also be done pre-qualifying to save time if there is no chance of latecomers.

FALSE START CHECK : Please note that the start type is Grid Start with False Start Check
    Please practice this so you know what to expect. Simply, you hold the brakes on until the lights go from all lit, to none lit

TURN 1 LAP 1 : This has the potential to ruin someones night if we don't use our heads ! Should be everyone's goal to get through the first phase with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line. If your unassisted tap causes someone to spin, you need to redress.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.
    If you bump someone and they end up off track or teleport back to the corner entry, you must wait for them to rejoin and get back up to speed.
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive the car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow drivers.

TYRES : RACING SOFT ONLY and x1 WEAR (for tyres and fuel x1 wear)

PIT ENTRY : Drivers MUST make an attempt to use the pit entry / exit lines.
    PIT EXIT : Please use the pit exit lane and be aware of cars approaching after T1.
    NOTE: Pitting is NOT compulsory

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be will be @Hatfield @JonoStan96 @Viperzed & @emmo46. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let us know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. We will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved !

FINAL NOTE: Could all drivers please confirm their attendance for this Sunday by 'liking' this post in your division. If you are unable to attend, please post in reply as much in your division. This way we can figure out our reserves or if the room can start early in advance.
    holdenman05, groover33, Jamie and 3 others like this.
  10. aranteamo

aranteamo Rookie

PSN ID
    Azzbang237
    Hey all I can't race tonight
    I may as well stop kidding myself and pull out of this season. I just can't find the time at the moment. Have a good one guys!
  11. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Round 4: Autopolis International Racing Course - 27 laps - 12:00 Fine weather - 2/6 (Retro Fittipaldi Round)
    [​IMG]

As always please take 2 mins to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night......If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regs please ask !

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEST. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:20 AEST for 10 mins (NO PITSTOPS ALLOWED IN QUALIFYING - if you do pit during qualifying, you must start rear of grid). Once 10 mins has been reached, finish the lap you are on and park up off track.

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....
    SIGHT ISSUES: Ensure that you can see everyone on track. After qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again. It can also be done pre-qualifying to save time if there is no chance of latecomers.

FALSE START CHECK : Please note that the start type is Grid Start with False Start Check
    Please practice this so you know what to expect. Simply, you hold the brakes on until the lights go from all lit, to none lit

TURN 1 LAP 1 : This has the potential to ruin someones night if we don't use our heads ! Should be everyone's goal to get through the first phase with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line. If your unassisted tap causes someone to spin, you need to redress.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.
    If you bump someone and they end up off track or teleport back to the corner entry, you must wait for them to rejoin and get back up to speed.
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive the car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.

TYRES : You must start on the Tyre you qualify on (NO PITSTOPS ALLOWED DURING QUALIFYING). You must use one set of RACING MEDIUM tyres during the race. (no limit on the amount of RACING SOFT tyres).

PIT EXIT : Please use the pit exit lane and be aware of cars approaching after T1.

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be will be @Hatfield @JonoStan96 @Viperzed & @emmo46. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let us know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. We will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved !

FINAL NOTE: Could all drivers please confirm their attendance for this Sunday by 'liking' this post in your division. If you are unable to attend, please post in reply as much in your division. This way we can figure out our reserves or if the room can start early in advance.

...and LET'S SEE THOSE AWESOME RETRO LIVERIES COVERING THE GRID!!
  12. Luke

Luke Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    deltron2016
    Guys I'm gonna give the rest of this season a miss. Came into it without full commitment, then I got sick and missed a couple races, I'm too busy to take it seriously this time. Yeah I might just give it a miss and come back fresh for next season.
  13. Kephin_07

Kephin_07 Rookie

PSN ID
    BiGkEv_87
    Not going to be home in time to make it tonight, guys! :thumbsdown:
  14. Jamie

Jamie Rookie

PSN ID
    Moozer81
    Another pressure cooker last night. Finally got qualifying together and grabbed pole before forgetting to do any practice starts and having a mini panic attack on the starting grid. Nice clean racing on the first lap everyone and settled into the first 13 laps with pressure from @TasTim2 and @groover33 behind. Every time I tried to fuel save they would close the gap, so I had to push pretty hard. Wasn't sure I could make the mediums work on this track so did the 13L/13L/1L strategy. Had a decent 5 second lead at lap 18 before getting on the power too hard in the final corner, then having dirty tyres at the first corner and losing the lead to @TasTim2 who made a mistake 2 laps later to give the lead back. We didn't have enough to stop @groover33 two stop strategy in the end. Well done @groover33 and bad luck @TasTim2 on your extra pit stop, really deserved a podium last night. Not much in it for the championship @holdenman05 !
  15. holdenman05

holdenman05 Team Driver

PSN ID
    holdenman05
    Everyone needs to remember to enter pit lane correctly in future please, it would have jumbled up the finish order a little if anyone protested at autopolis, please and thankyou
  16. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    What happened dude? I was too busy on my own race to notice anything amiss.
  17. holdenman05

holdenman05 Team Driver

PSN ID
    holdenman05
    Just a few of us not using the entry lane correctly, I only picked up on it in replay, no biggie but just mentioning it lol
  18. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    I will have to check. I didn’t think there was a wrong way. I only thought it was eyes closed and prey.
    LennonLegend1993 likes this.
  19. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
  20. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Round 5: Nürburgring GP/F - 48 laps - 17:00 Sunny - 16/6 (Endurance Round)
    [​IMG]

Be careful with track limits on the outside between T2-3 and on the exit of T4 & T10. Be careful with cutting T13-14.

TYRES : You must start on the Tyre you qualify on (NO PITSTOPS ALLOWED DURING QUALIFYING). You must use one set of RACING MEDIUM tyres during the race. (no limit on the amount of RACING SOFT tyres).

PIT EXIT : Please use the pit exit lane and be aware of cars approaching T1.

ENDURANCE ROUND : Some room captains may organise earlier start times, but this can only be done if all drivers who plan on attending agree.

groover33 and Ian Cannan like this.