GT-Sport [Completed] 2019 RaceOnOz WORLD ENDURANCE TOUR Powered By Hi-Tec Oils

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by JonoStan96, Nov 11, 2018.

1. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    Yes
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  2. Easyprey007

Easyprey007 Professional

PSN ID
    Easyprey007
  3. LennonLegend1993

LennonLegend1993 Team Driver

Absolutely mate. Not an issue at all. Anyone who objects can gtfo :p
    StigsTC, Easyprey007 and JonoStan96 like this.
  4. bluexephos22

bluexephos22 Rookie

PSN ID
    BlueXephos22
    Race cars feel stiffer and as though they have more understeer tbh
    As for date change, not a prob
    StigsTC and JonoStan96 like this.
  5. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    Lowkey can't drive GT3's anymore after GT500 and LMP1 on RS so wasn't mad about the clash but damnit Jono now I've got no excuses.
    Gotta love the PD physics change to fix tyre wear in sport mode when all you need to do was run lower tyre multipliers. Tough break Jono, take your time and get it right mate, Maggiore was insane fun.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  6. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    They did the exact opposite, Audi R8 was wearing its mediums faster than a Beetle and most other FR’s did on softs. Many of the top FIA runners are massively pissed, none more so than the guys who’s cars are suddenly miles off the pace.

My only issue with a date change is that it means we run into a long period of back to back weekends of action so it’ll be tough work but I hope we wont get burnt out. I can safely say there is no way in hell I’ll be able to re do 30 or so cars within a few days on 2 of the toughest tracks on the game. Cheers guys, appreciate the feedback.
    razor4797 and StigsTC like this.
  7. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    Friggen amazing 10/10, PD logic at its absolute finest.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  8. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    In theory it’s just going to make MR cars more OP in no wear races but they’re going to be beyond useless in race situations. That is barring the 911 which despite being MR behaves like an FR.

At least last time they did this (Le Mans 3 Hours) all they did was slightly increase tyre wear across the board, this is the most extensive physics change I’ve ever seen, and has been welcomed by absolutely no one.
    StigsTC likes this.
  9. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    I'm cool with a date change, just let us know once confirmed
  10. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    New BOP coming tonight... :D
    bluexephos22 likes this.
  11. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
  12. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Provisional Nürburgring 24 BoP
    Alfa Romeo 4C: 107% 102%
    Aston Martin V12 Vantage: 113% 106%
    Audi R8 LMS: 93% 101%
    BMW M3 GT: 112% 101%
    BMW M6: 98% 102%
    BMW Z4: 106% 102%
    Dodge Viper SRT GT3-R: 81% 98%
    GT by Citroën: 89% 103%
    Ferrari 458 Italia: 101% 101%
    Ford Mustang: 107% 97%
    Ford GT LM Spec II: 93% 113%
    Holden Commodore: 105% 95%
    Honda NSX: 98% 91%
    Hyundai Genesis: 114% 101%
    Jaguar F-Type: 103% 100%
    Lamborghini Huracán: 95% 98%
    Lexus RC F (‘17): 109% 102%
    Mazda Atenza: 107% 96%
    McLaren 650S: 109% 104%
    McLaren F1 GTR: 89% 123%
    Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG: 101% 96%
    Mercedes-Benz AMG GT: 93% 96%
    Mitsubishi Lancer Evo F.E: 112% 99%
    Nissan GT-R NISMO: 109% 99%
    Peugeot RCZ: 110% 108%
    Peugeot VGT: 101% 104%
    Porsche 911 RSR: 108% 106%
    Renault R.S.01: 103% 109%
    Subaru WRX: 109% 102%
    Toyota FT-1 VGT: 102% 103%
    Toyota Supra GR Racing Concept: 97% 100%
    Volkswagen Beetle: 94% 109%
    Volkswagen GTI VGT: 101% 102%

Ok so first of all I’d like to extend a massive thanks to @KeedenMcdonald for putting in 100’s of kilometers helping me get this BoP down pat.

I have good news, and some bad news. I’ll start off with the good news.

The good news is that the old BOP wasn’t too far off what we were looking for in terms of balance. That’s about it really.

Bad news, oh boy where do we begin.

Having done a majority of the testing at Bathurst, what we have found is that MR drivetrain cars are completely rooted. A comprehensive analysis of the new physics outlining the issues will be posted below. This is Gr.3 specific.

We’ve had these new physics for over a week now and after gathering the opinions of several aliens, casual players and professional racing drivers, the new physics introduced in 1.39 are a significant step backwards in terms of realism and driving feel. Cars feel far more twitchy under braking, yet when on the power, undeesteer away from the apex badly.

From a personal standpoint, having driven every Gr.3 car with various tunes, conditions and on the toughest tracks, I have concluded that the key factor which has altered the car behaviour is weight transfer. Ironically enough what finally lead me to this conclusion was during a muck around lobby on Route X, where zig zagging the car at high speed was not enough to cause the car to spin, rather it would induce body roll to almost comical levels whilst being easily controllable.

What does this mean for Gr.3? For the most part the cars are still perfectly driveable, however mid engined cars suffer the most from the magnified weight distribution. This is most noticable on corners with elevation. On an uphill corner the majority of the car’s weight is being shifted onto the rear tyres. While this increaces driveability, it creates previously unseen amounts of understeer. Bathurst is our test track. The right hander after the Cutting used to be an easily flat corner for every car. For the McLaren 650S for example, this is no longer the case, even on maximum downforce. The same applies to the left handers at Reid Park and McPhillamy Park. The uphill left hander, from all the cars I have tested, only be taken flat (comfortably) by the Mazda Atenza. This used to be flat for almost every car. A downhill corner has the opposite effect. The left hander at McPhillamy can be taken at higher speeds now, thanks largely to the small dip before the apex.

Skyline to Forest Elbow illustrates most of all how broken the physics have become now. MR cars have always been sketchy under braking, but now, braking for Skyline without crashing is almost impossible. Even when braking in a straight line, the weight has shifted so far forward that the front tyres grip more than what one would expect, and the car spins. The only sure fire way to brake for this downhill section is to apply a small amount of throttle whilst braking in order to shift some of the weight back onto the rear tyres. This problem doesn’t seem to be anywhere near as bad on the FR cars. Tuning doesn’t seem to help much unfortunately. In about 20 attempts of tacking this section at speed in the Alfa Romeo 4C, I crashed roughly 16 times. Going back to the Cutting, the fastest way through this corner now is to slide the corner into the apex, then power out of it almost recklessly. Drifting in other words. Utterly ridiculous. Out of all the MR cars to be affected, the cars least affected are the Porsche 911 RSR, Renault R.S.01, Volkswagen GTI VGT, Peugeot RCZ, and the GT by Citroën.

Bathurst will be worst example of this, as not even the Nürburgring has a section with such a sharp decline whilst on the brakes. MR cars will receive additional weight drops for Bathurst. Unfortunately I cannot promise that the BoP in its current format will provide the closest race ever, and I will be doing the utmost to make it perfect come race day. The 5% weight drop for Bronze drivers will remain in place however the weight drop for all cars will be on hold for now.

I hope by taking the time to read above you will be able to understand my point of view as to why the new physics update is a step in the wrong direction and why this took so long. BoPing is a dfficult and time consuming process and when PD changes the game on a whim without announcing anything, it makes things a hell of a lot harder to accomplish when the changes that are made make the cars feel completely different from what one is used to and would expect from a Gr.3 race car, real life GT3, VGT or fantasy model. It doesn’t matter. Your input is more valuable than ever before, if you have any queries and information that I could find useful, please let me know ASAP, it is much appreciated.

Cheers, Jono.

P.S: This video may help you understand the differences a bit more clearly.
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
  13. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    K
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  14. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    That video needs to be uploaded, with @WankelStan96 dubbed over the top.

In all seriousness though, PD have done a damn good job at ruining this game. Not in full understanding of why they keep changing the physics. Surely the FIA aren't on board with changing the laws of physics in an official series of theirs.
    StigsTC and JonoStan96 like this.
  15. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    *Yes
    CaptainRisky21 likes this.
  16. bluexephos22

bluexephos22 Rookie

PSN ID
    BlueXephos22
    When do we have to have our BoP feedback in by? And do we do it at Bathurst or the N24?
  17. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Saturday is prefferable, and N24
    bluexephos22 likes this.
  18. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    Your theory would agree with what I've noticed in the P1 hybrids, entry oversteer on brakes is back, using throttle to reduce the braking power and specifically rear bias to prevent the back end becoming the front end is an annoying necessity.
    That is combined with FF style wheel apin when hybrid systems deploy in all cars, making them more challenging to drive .
    Will have to see what this means in GT3 machinery during the week.
  19. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    OP updated with new BOP, and I have also added the adjusted BOP percentages next to each entrant. Kinda sick of receiving a million messages every event regarding what’s the right power and weight even though it’s listed right there. Now you’ve got 2 levels of cross checking, there shouldn’t be anymore discrepancies unless I’ve made an error. The Bronze drivers have been given their 5% bonus for the following 2 rounds (it should not have said 7%, my apologies), they will revert to 4% for Dragon Trail.
  20. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Before you read the driver’s briefing, here’s some specific info for N24:
    Q3 will be 35 mins long.
    LCS will be 2 hot laps only.

Qualifying Briefing: Nürburgring 3 Hours (TOD: 19:30 Sunny)
    Saturday, Monday and Thursday Nights 20:30 AEST
    Session Type: 2 (60 mins, average of best 2 laps)
    [​IMG]
    Tyres and Fuel: Racing Mediums, X0 wear and fuel depletion

Track Limits: Standard ROOZ rules apply, 2 wheels must be within the track boundaries at all times, kerbs permitting.

Session Instructions:
    You have 60 minutes to post qualifying laps. Screenshot your best 2 times and send it to me via PM on the PS4. If you do not send your laps in, your time will not be counted, and you will not qualify. If you need to adjust setup, take a screenshot before pitting. It is highly recommended you record your footage as a backup.
    Teams can field one driver in this session, but must split their time equally if they choose to all qually.
    Drivers taking part in the Thursday session will only get 35 minutes.

Teams of 2 or more drivers will still be restricted to 60 mins of total track time between their drivers. You must inform me of your team listing before Q1.

In the absense of myself or @VARDZ, you are permitted to host any of the 3 qualifying sessions providing you have someone else in the lobby who can verify car and lobby settings.

WARNING: If you have not submitted a qualification lap in the Lancer Gr.3 to Hatfield, you will not be permitted to participate in qualifying or the race. This is your final warning. Those who have not done so will have an asterisk against their name in the OP.
    http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/gtloz-how-to-qualify-for-gt-sport-sunday-league.2969/