Season 19 - Tatuus FA01

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Rolz, May 4, 2019.

1. fRZn

fRZn Team Driver

PSN ID
    fRZnAU
    Thanks for the race guys! It was good fun! I just need to practice more so I don't spin out so often haha.
    krunch and Rolz like this.
  2. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Server04 up
    Round 6: 10/6/19
    Normal Round - Imola
    Fuel and Tyres - Forced Pit.
    Laps enough for a 45min race, will put up soon
  3. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Congrats @tezpez85 taking a rare win away from andy!
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
    andyo450, krunch and mesafto like this.
  4. mesafto

mesafto Rookie

results look a bit wierd. i raced this round, i think jlynn missed this one.
  5. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    thanks think I grabbed the wrong weeks results will fix up now
  6. Rolz

I didn't take part last week due to rift issues
  7. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

More excellent racing on Monday night - thanks all :). Congrats to Tez, Andy, anon (and myself) for picking up wins and podiums across the two races. Well done Tez on the round win with Andy and Anon on the podium

My races were decent without being spectacular - which also describes my pace o_O. I'll take that overall 4th!

Race 1 was pretty busy. I had some cool tussles with Cameron and Mesafto. Unfortunately Cameron appeared to have net issues and dropped way back. Late in the race Mesafto had a spin and Anon was chasing me down so I was lucky to end up 3rd.

Race 2 was cool as I tried to move forward from near the back. Initially I went well and got up to 3rd but I never got clear of Carlos who began piling the pressure on. After plenty of side by side action we finally ran out of luck and a touch saw me spin off and pick up some damage while Carlos graciously waited up and redressed. After battling on with damage and worn tyres for another lap or so I spun out again and dropped to 7th. On the last lap an unlucky fRZn went off letting me sneak home a distant 6th.
  8. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

Congrats to @Andy and @anon on the podium!

Managed to soften the setup I've had issues with previously and it's paid dividends. Best qualli and race 1 of the season so far, didn't really make too many mistakes. Race 2 I came in a bit offline into T1 around lap 5 or 6, clipped the inside which pushed me wide, almost made it on the run-off area, but clipped the grass by the slightest of margins coming off the run-off and ploughed into the other side of the track wall as the rears span up. In a real race that would have been all she wrote, but managed to rejoin and make my way to third after @krunch and someone else came together in a racing incident in front of me.

Lucky round win. Next race will be my last one, so it will be fun to finish off at Imola, though it's a tricky circuit!
    andyo450 likes this.
  9. krunch

@Rolz We need to change the password on our race server. I was just doing some prac on server 5 and after a short while it filled up with randoms.
  10. Rolz

I didn’t think I had a password on it, but will set a new one just to be sure! :)
    krunch likes this.
  11. krunch

ah OK that would explain it :).
  12. Rolz

13. Rolz

Round 7: 17/6/19
    Normal Round - Laguna Seca
    Fuel and Tyres - No Forced Pit.
    Laps enough for a 2x22min race, will put up soon
  14. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

Well, that one didn't go to plan! Understeered in the first lap on to the grass at turn 4 while on some cold, cold tyres. It felt like there wasn't any grip offline coming into that corner. Dropped almost to the back and had to fight my way back through. Managed to pass without any contact with anybody, and I have to say that's because of the excellent driving standards on here.

Congrats to @Andy and @krunch on the podium and @andyo450 for sealing another title, I'll see you guys next season :thumbsup:
    Rolz likes this.
  15. mesafto

mesafto Rookie

Seems like every race now krunch and i find eachother on the track race. We race closely for 10 laps, make a few passes, then krunch overtakes me with a few laps to go. Always neck and neck for the finish line. Haha.... Great racing krunch look forward to it every race.
  16. krunch

Haha yeah @mesafto we've been glued to each other this whole season. Absolutely cracking battles :). I did give you one back when I ran out of fuel near the Barcelona finish line so I'm not totally selfish :p

Congrats @andyo450 for the win and @tezpez85 for a well recovered 2nd

As Tez said it was high racing standards throughout the field once again last night. Its not an easy track so nice job all.

Qual: P4 was a good result as I had focused on a race setup that wouldn't kill me on hard tyres and full fuel once it was race time. Putting on soft tyres, dropping the fuel and the pressures still made for a decent qual.

Race: I had to guess strategy a bit and hoped I could go long into the race on the hards and then have a shorter stint to the finish on the mediums. It was a bit slippy at the start and a bit of an on-throttle wiggle coming out of the tight lefthander (T6 I think) let @jlynn777 through. Of course that mean't Mesafto was on my tail and he slowly reeled me in, finally making a good pass. A fast recovering Tez also got me the same lap and then went on to harrass and pass Mesafto. With Tez out of our way we went back to our usual game and I chased his bumper till he pitted.

At the other end of the main straight Andy came out of the pits just behind me. I managed to stay in front - and in the lead! - for 4 laps before I finally pitted. I don't think he was in much of hurry at that point :). The long strategy had paid off and I made it out of the pits just in front of old mate Mesafto. But he was flying into the braking zone on warm tyres so I bailed out of fully covering the inside line and he made the pass stick.

We were now fighting for the final spot on the podium so it was sheep stations stuff. I kept the pressure on lap after lap but I couldn't find a way through. Mesafto didn't crack either but I finally got a better run onto the main straight and managed to get past before the braking zone. Roles were then reversed and I had to absorb his pressure for several more laps before claiming 3rd! Great stuff.

Good old AC still has a lot to offer!
  17. Paulfaus

Paulfaus Rookie

My first AC race night on ROOZ. Firstly, thanks for letting me join in. It’s a relief to not have to fear other cars and think the person overtaking you wants to take you off. Great attitude from all.

I ended up pretty much where I deserved in P10 after two spins. Take home message: spend less time watching the cars behind you and more time where you are going!

It’s a challenging group you have here. Sure showed me how much I have to learn. Hopefully I can make some more runs in AC and ACC.

Cheers,
    Paul
    Bogor, tezpez85, jlynn777 and 6 others like this.
  18. krunch

@KoAStR I know you're overworked and underpaid but any chance of an updated points table? :)
  19. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    krunch likes this.
  20. fRZn

fRZn Team Driver

PSN ID
    fRZnAU
    Might not be able to make it tonight. Stayed up all weekend watching the LM24 and still feel pretty tired... nevermind the withdrawal symptoms ;)

Have a good race everyone!