GT - Future Seasons ideas thread

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Tristan Jones

Tristan Jones Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    Don't be so hard on yourself! I think that GT Sport is no longer as new as it once was is probably a leading factor...I guess you are right in that FIA/ dailies being popular factors in as well.

GT Planet weeklies have less than half the regular racers than a year ago...

What I get out of ROOZ is clean racing, that you can race with people you get to know, and work on strategy/ form all week with others in the groups - and know that whenever you get online some of the group will be online to practise with... and that they are practising the same thing.
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    For those wondering, Season 8 dates at this stage are:
    28/7 Meet n Greet
    4/8 Round 1
    11/8 R2
    18/8 R3
    25/8 R4
    1/9 Father's Day break
    8/9 R5
    15/9 R6
    22/9 R7
  3. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64

Definitely zero to do with you Sir Hatfield. Your efforts are universally appreciated and respected by all ROOZ I would think and these efforts make the racing possible. Great bloke now you have stopped sandbagging too.:whistling:
    You are right with your other reasoning as no matter how much whinging there is about FIA racing fine points, it is obviously far more appealing than the "Quick Match" races on GT6.
    My biggest gripe with GTSport is tracks.
    Speaking from my point of view, the tracks available for selection is also a huge negative. I am actually angry :mad: about no Spa, no Silverstone etc etc, and this is why i still have not bought a replacement wheel, cant justify it.
    In short, not your fault Sir Hatfield, blame the :poop: half finished product, and enjoy some Hattime.:thumbsup:
    Noxrai and Buster_Danis like this.
  4. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    Don’t point the finger at yourself when looking for blame.
    I have known you for many years, and I can truthfully assure you that there are more deserving places to point the finger.
    Time will show this should you depart.
    Noxrai likes this.
  5. Russell

Russell Professional

PSN ID
    BigChopperDog
    I don't see it having anything to do with you at all. Because it doesn't have anything to do with you. I am honestly greatful to the effort of yourself and anyone else who has helped put these fun races together. It's a good sign of character always starting with yourself first.
    I don't understand the lack in numbers. We just vote for a car and tracks and race time! I vote for a car. But I don't really care how fast I am in it or not. Same as tracks. I dont care where we race or what in. I don't think everyone feels like that. If it has four wheels and a steering wheel, let's race :)
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
  6. LennonLegend1993

LennonLegend1993 Team Driver

This. I’m amazed with some of negativity re cars and tracks, and whilst I can understand it, I personally can’t accept it. Like you said, if it has 4 wheels let’s race. Such a good attitude. Especially for this community.
    Noxrai likes this.
  7. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Not you, but people (myself included at times) definitely don't feel a desire to race at certain car/track combinations. This season's car selection was definitely hindered by the MR physics update during the S6-S7 off season, resulting in 3 unrewarding and inconsistent cars to pick from. Picking tracks for this Fittipaldi has proved difficult apparently also.

Next season (should the SF19 be chosen, which it should) will 110% provide more numbers, and we should be able to run a season at only real world tracks to suit (Nürburgring GP, Suzuka, Fuji, Red Bull Ring, Autopolis, Interlagos and Catalunya would be my picks).

Maybe making the track selection vote being out of all suggestions, with people voting OUT the tracks that they DON'T want until 7 remain. Could be worth a shot in my eyes.

Also, no more reverse tracks plz
  8. Russell

Russell Professional

PSN ID
    BigChopperDog

The car is fine. It's very easy and fun to drive. You just accelerate change gears brake and steer like every car. The tracks have been pretty nice to drive. I haven't turned this car around once yet this season and I usually crash more then anyone. I have been playing since GT4. GTsport on a wheel is heaven to me in any car. I have noticed in my 4 years on rooz that most balanced race cars are good levelers and make more even speed across the field. As soon as we pick a street car or concept the field splits up a little. I can see it frustrates some people after they had a decent relationship with the car and tracks but just can't click with the next. That gives me pleasure lol. Honestly we all know that it is impossible to please everyone.
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
  9. AroGantz

AroGantz Team Driver

PSN ID
    AroGantz
    And I should be able to make all of them.

I think the closed door vote is a fantastic idea Hatfield, lay the rules out when the time is right and I'll be there. I also think it'll take a lot of pressure of you if you decide to stay in your current role and it's quite plain to see that a lot of people are happy with what you do.
    T F Eccles and Easyprey007 like this.
  10. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Thank you @Hatfield, the other ROOZ Mods and the room captains that make each week possible. If there's one thing I've learnt in my career as a manager and having served on the boards of community organisations is that you are not responsible for other people's choices nor should you feel so (of course when you care deeply about the work you do for groups it can be hard not to). Keep up the great work but I will counsel this; you will know within yourself when it's time to go.

Others have commented on this season's car choice. Personally I didn't like any of the three on offer. Once the EF7 was chosen though I set about getting used to it but just driving it hard finding my limits with the car. I wasn't confident going into the season start. Each week I put some practice in, I watch & learn how the better drivers are using the car in those sessions that @Tristan Jones mentioned, work out my strategy then commit on race day. So far (touch wood) it's been a winning combo for me. Compared to last season where as much as I loved driving the Megane I couldn't race competitively in it.

You win some, other's not so much. ;)
  11. T F Eccles

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    I forgot to add in my post above, @Hatfield et al, have you ever done any surveys or sought feedback on what we racers like, dislike, want etc?
  12. Noxrai

Noxrai Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    @Hatfield any chance the championships could incorporate another sprint round or other race settings to spice things up? I feel people tend to fall into a set pit/tyre strategy as the championship goes on for the standard races. To combat this i think it could be a good idea to mix things up even more for the championship and added variety. With a more varied championship we may see more varied championship positions as some excel at sprints, others the enduro and others are great at the standard 45min race

I love me some flatout racing with no regard to tyres or fuel. I also love the reverse grids for second race. Gives the slower guys in a div a chance at the front and provides a great challenge and fun for the faster guys to try and weave back through to the front.

Could set out a championship races like so.
    2 x sprint rounds
    2 x endurance rounds
    2 x standard races
    1 x voters choice (possible rain race if we ever get it)
  13. LennonLegend1993

LennonLegend1993 Team Driver

And people say you have no valuable input. :rolleyes::p

This.
    Noxrai likes this.
  14. Noxrai

Noxrai Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    I have my rare moments where i shine
    LennonLegend1993 likes this.
  15. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Its a tough one @Hatfield, having done it for so long, its easy to get a little jaded.
    I do know that the time you have put into the GT seasons is well appreciated by everyone here.

The whole community was pretty much built off the back of the GT franchise, so there are a lot of drivers who have been very regular, and with that possibly a little tired of the franchise. The reality is that GTS doesnt feel a lot different to what was run way back in the GT5/6 days. The point that there are other places for people to race is made well, and valid.

What i would say is this...... if a change-up in the way the season works means an increase in numbers and interest then i would say go for it. I wouldnt go too far away from a basic structure that has worked well for so long, but a freshen up in the type pf races etc might be a good thing.

I do know this though......it wont matter what you do, you wont keep everyone happy ! This is why i have pretty much taken away the voting system from the PCARS league, and tried to pick fairly neutral cars, and mix up the track list from season to season. The car individuality is definitely something that makes every season different in PCARS, along with the changeable weather, so our issue is people having the time to find what works to find them lap time.

I do like @Noxrai and his suggestions for a bit of the season revamp, i may steal that for a PCARS season shake up to freshen it up a bit, although it is a little bit more difficult with the pit system that you almost need a uni degree to get right ! Pity we cant hybrid the 2 games !

If it was me, i would look at a slight season adjustment to freshen things up, but doing it off the back of the things that have worked so well for so long.

I also hope to announce prize packs for the last 2 seasons of the year, which is hopefully a good incentive for people to race regularly, and actually show up when they have signed up.
  16. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  17. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    For season 13 I want to run the old idea of constantly changing rooms based on overall time, and points from 1st in room 1 to last in room 5

total time in room 2 will have 5 secs added
    total time in room 3 will have 10 secs added
    room 4, 15
    room 5, 20
    (the 5 secs accounts for the free air track time for the guys out front in a room)

1st in room 2 scores points for the position after last in room 1
    disconnections in room 1 score the same as 1st in room 2
    instead of meet n greet, we run a 45 min qualifying session which sets all grids for round 1 (and since qualifying isn't required then for round 1, it will be the enduro)
    results from round 1 are tallied based on total time, and then the time added above (dependent on which room a driver was in) to set rooms for round 2

a drivers first dsc will be treated as a 'drop round' when calculating rooms and so would not drop to a lower room
    If they dsc again, they drop 1 room (or if another driver they raced against drops to a lower room, the dsc driver will go to the same room as that other driver)

Non-Starters get 1 'drop round' too where they stay in their room for the next round
    If it happens again though, they drop a room each time
    (unless they give a heads up that they cannot attend pre-race, say before 8pm)

If we use this seasons signups as an example, we have approx 75
    That is 15 in 5 rooms so that is how we split it, 15 per room. In the instance we don't get a perfect split, higher rooms get higher numbers
    eg if it was 73, room 4 and 5 would have 14

There would be 1 large points table and the pre-season division calculations would be the driver 'classes' S,A,B,C,D (for 5 rooms)
    This would be shown on the table and leaders of each class would be like the old division winners

I would really love to test this out for an entire season in S13.

I would hope this keeps rooms even, and try to promote an idea of striving to get into room 1. Also if someone is struggling with the car, they will naturally drop into lower rooms and have more competitive racing.
    Yes we will get some run away winners, but this way drivers have to earn their call ups into higher rooms

Thoughts?

(oh and I want to run a road car for S13 too)
    kiwinado, Xtr3meNZer, incey and 2 others like this.
  18. Xtr3meNZer

Xtr3meNZer Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    I'm keen for whatever mate - no problems here. Go for it! Going to be interesting
  19. T F Eccles

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    I like it. There's been some debate online that the FIA races should use a similar format. With that in mind I mucked around with a couple of points models.
    The first counts from the bottom up and maintains the current differential points for 1st, 2nd, 3rd etc.
    The second simply counts down from the top, 1 point per place. Not sure I like that but it would make for some interesting tactical decisions.
    See https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PoD8VeWDQ4JbChp0bfZfwlX7ouJFFsLOVub7Q3_cffU/edit?usp=sharing
    Xtr3meNZer, Hatfield and emmo46 like this.
  20. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    nice thanks for that!
    I think I'd like to see the same points gap through the positions in each division, and then a further 5 point jump from room 1 to 2 etc
    my example building on your foundation
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Xh-iTY5REmST1-SD5G3v8o0rCUwmEstnzZugJoqvxUI/edit?usp=sharing
    Xtr3meNZer likes this.