GT Sport Season 7 Division 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Apr 20, 2019.

1. DAMN_RIGHT_BOB

DAMN_RIGHT_BOB Rookie

PSN ID
    DAMN_RIGHT_BOB
    I'm happy to start early! :thumbsup:
    Matthyus and Buster_Danis like this.
  2. Easyprey007

Easyprey007 Professional

PSN ID
    Easyprey007
    Mine would ask for more than one win for the privilege!!
  3. Buster_Danis

Buster_Danis Team Driver

Mine would want to co-drive & that would not be pretty!:eek:
    Matthyus likes this.
  4. LennonLegend1993

LennonLegend1993 Team Driver

I’ve already let her have a go; my poor result at autopolis, was because she was driving.
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Round 5: Nürburgring GP/F - 48 laps - 17:00 Sunny - 16/6 (Endurance Round)
    [​IMG]

As always please take 2 mins to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night......If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regs please ask !

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEST. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:20 AEST for 10 mins (NO PITSTOPS ALLOWED IN QUALIFYING - if you do pit during qualifying, you must start rear of grid). Once 10 mins has been reached, finish the lap you are on and park up off track.
    RACE START TIME : 8:30 AEST (once qualifying has finished)

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....
    SIGHT ISSUES: Ensure that you can see everyone on track. After qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again. It can also be done pre-qualifying to save time if there is no chance of latecomers.

FALSE START CHECK : Please note that the start type is Grid Start with False Start Check
    Please practice this so you know what to expect. Simply, you hold the brakes on until the lights go from all lit, to none lit

TURN 1 LAP 1 : This has the potential to ruin someones night if we don't use our heads ! Should be everyone's goal to get through the first phase with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line. If your unassisted tap causes someone to spin, you need to redress.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage.
    Be careful with track limits on the outside between T2-3 and on the exit of T4 & T10. Be careful with cutting T13-14.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.
    If you bump someone and they end up off track or teleport back to the corner entry, you must wait for them to rejoin and get back up to speed.
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive the car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow drivers.

TYRES : You must start on the Tyre you qualify on (NO PITSTOPS ALLOWED DURING QUALIFYING). You must use one set of RACING MEDIUM tyres during the race. (no limit on the amount of RACING SOFT tyres).

PIT ENTRY : Drivers MUST make an attempt to use the pit entry / exit lines.
    PIT EXIT : Please use the pit exit lane and be aware of cars approaching T1.
    NOTE: Pitting is NOT compulsory

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be will be @Hatfield @JonoStan96 @Viperzed & @emmo46. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let us know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. We will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved !

ENDURANCE ROUND : Some room captains may organise earlier start times, but this can only be done if all drivers who plan on attending agree.

FINAL NOTE: Could all drivers please confirm their attendance for this Sunday by 'liking' this post in your division. If you are unable to attend, please post in reply as much in your division. This way we can figure out our reserves or if the room can start early in advance.
  6. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Won my first FIA Manufacturers round tonight in my Allan Moffat liveried Mustang GR4. Woot! And totally surprised!
    UrsineSaturn9, emmo46, Noxrai and 5 others like this.
  7. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Nice job mate, always a rush to score a great result in those races. Ford is a good place to be this season!

Pulled off a win today to become the #1 ranked driver worldwide for VW for about 2 hours :roflmao:
    UrsineSaturn9, emmo46, Noxrai and 2 others like this.
  8. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Good work. Happy with my 6th in the Lexus. The racing is now more fun with the lower tyre wear
  9. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Reminder to all that we will be starting 30 mins earlier tonight.
    750PM EST Qual
    800PM EST Race Start
    The room will be open early.
  10. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Round 5 results
    Qual
    [​IMG]
    Race Results
    [​IMG]
    Race Timings
    [​IMG]
    Hatfield and emmo46 like this.
  11. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Buster_Danis and Bluemoon like this.
  12. LennonLegend1993

LennonLegend1993 Team Driver

If anyone wants to share the replay I can still throw together some highlights tomorrow.
    Tristan Jones likes this.
  13. Tristan Jones

Tristan Jones Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    My hard drive is full, I forgot to delete something before race, so I couldn't save :( i would love to have a look at some of my racing...

Meanwhile...had my best race in a while...even though I wasted 15 seconds wandering in the desert...had got past @Buster_Danis when he did his RM stint while i was on RS, then he quickly closed that gap again while I decided going off twice in the same lap was the thing to do. Slowed down a bit and got back into the groove of it.

Dunno where I pulled that qually time from though! Managed a fuel load of practse only, but thats a fuel load more than the last two races, was is just my all out race as fast as I can strat that was so good?? I was wondering if @T F Eccles would be in front of me or not before qually...
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
  14. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    I'll share it when I get home.
    LennonLegend1993 likes this.
  15. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Another round down!!
    Pre-Race Day Practise
    Well, I thought I was doing well until I found out that doing a 1.50 lap time was considered the benchmark. Managed to sneak a random 1.52 out. That will have to do!!
    Got some pointers from the team in some slight changes to my race craft that will take some time to adapt to, but should improve my overall pace. Gotta beat @emmo46 at something right :)

Race Day Prac
    Managed to keep my lap times mid 52 to low 53. Very happy with that. Managed almost a full race prac before the race.. In hindsight this might not have been the best idea...

Qual
    Knowing the good window on the tires being laps 5 and 6, this was going to a 1 or 2 lap wonder. Went about nice and steady for the first few laps to 1, find some empty track and 2, lower the fuel load. I managed to get some track space about lap 3 and then started to really ramp up my pace. Lap 4 I pipped the FL, but it got beat again by Blue, but I did a wicked lap 5 and smashed the FL by a large margin!! That lap felt fantastic, as well as being a PB!!
    Well done to @Tristan Jones for nabbing 2nd.

Race
    My strategy here was very different to the Qual (flat out) strategy. My strategy was to short shift and kept it tidy. I held the lead until I pitted on 13, but I knew that both @emmo46 and @Bluemoon would be doing the 14 lap strat. It is something that I can do, but I'm not as fast as they are, so opted for the 13 lap and just push a bit harder to keep up.
    The lead changed several times over the course of the race, which was good to see, but it was difficult to know where everyone would come out.
    I made my only error on my 2nd pit stop, when I slid across the front of the pit entry, back on to the track, so had to reverse a smidgen and then wiggle around back into the pits. This cost me 14s a battle for 2nd with Emmo.

Kudos to
    Bluemoon for the sublime race you did mate.
    Well done to Emmo for his 2nd place finish and likely the Championship.

By about 3/4 through the race though, my concentration was toast, likely due to the double race distance I did :)
    I managed pole out of it though, so yay!

Also, the Team Championship title fight is warming up nicely!!

See you next week for Dragon Trial!!
  16. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    The PNL team are looking very strong.
    Matthyus likes this.
  17. Buster_Danis

Buster_Danis Team Driver

Congratulations @Bluemoon, @emmo46 & @Matthyus, for the win and top 3 finishes respectively, & also well done to @Tristan Jones for 4th! (I had no chance of holding you off):thumbsup:
    As for my race:
    Next to no practice was not a smart move & let’s just say someone stole my Fittipaldi & replaced it with a lame dog that has no brakes!
    & to top it off, what was I thinking on strategy??
    One to forget about!:(
  18. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I think you are still clinging on to 2nd in the championship.
  19. Buster_Danis

Buster_Danis Team Driver

Maybe, but my palms are awfully sweaty all of a sudden!:unsure:
    Matthyus likes this.
  20. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    I'll take the second place in our sub division. My strategy worked out as I predicted however it was let down by a poor qualifying effort on my part and an excellent effort by @Tristan Jones putting his car on the front row. It meant he was too far away to catch over the face distance despite passing him at one stage due to pit stop cross overs.

Curiously in the race i was getting better fuel saving than in practice but couldn't find consistent pace.
    Tristan Jones and Easyprey007 like this.