ACC Fun Run! Early Access

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Rolz, Apr 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    @Rolz , @marty Can you add me to the white list as well please. Currently on SA51 and its taking me ages to improve it as I dont get on ACC for long enough periods to increase it, but would be nice to jump into a server with low ping every now and then. Steam ID is: 76561198011942711
    marty likes this.
  2. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Will add you in this afternoon.
    Rolz and Peter Wise like this.
  3. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Will add you too, not sure if your GUID is in the thread will take a look, but if nit can you pm it to me.

Also anyone else needing access especially for tonight can you give me your guid before 8pm aest as I will set official practice at 8.30pm tonight and need to have this set before then.
  4. Mat Nipperess

Mat Nipperess Rookie

It is on the thread. I think it was one of the more recent posts
    marty likes this.
  5. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Ive added all requests for whitelist from above this post, servers have been restarted so should already have access. Anyone wanting to race tonight can test the raceonoz servers to see if you get access.

Just reminder for all to try and race clean when in the whitelist, this gives you a good chance to rate up racing good racers. Its possible people can be taken off the whitelist if they cause too much carnage and will then only have access via ratings levels.
  6. fRZn

fRZn Team Driver

PSN ID
    fRZnAU
    Hi unfortunately I'm going to run out of time to achieve 85 SA (need another 5 points), would it be possible to be put onto the whitelist? My GUID is: 76561197987130301.

Edit: typo
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
  7. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Nice effort and your pretty close, I just added you in and restarted servers so you should be able to get in.
    fRZn likes this.
  8. fRZn

fRZn Team Driver

PSN ID
    fRZnAU
    Thanks so much!
  9. Chris Nipperess

Chris Nipperess New Recruit

@Rolz Could you add me to the whitelist please? new to the game and haven't quite got my safety rating up yet. Details are in the Monday Night Assetto Corsa thread. Thanks!
  10. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Done
  11. Frostwa

Frostwa Rookie

@Rolz @marty Hey lads, can someone please add me to the whitelist? GUID: 76561197968986713 Steam Name: Frostwa
    I don't have the required SA but you guys know me
  12. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Doing it now, official practice server will be up soon.
    Frostwa likes this.
  13. Frostwa

Frostwa Rookie

Cheers, thank alot
  14. Frostwa

Frostwa Rookie

Very sorry @marty for the shunt in that race. I was trying to pressure you and not even thinking about a pass and I'm not sure now if it was lag or not judging the length of the front of my car. Won't happen again ! In regards to my connection, I'm not sure what is going on there, NBN is due in about 8 days so hopefully will all be sorted soon with a new router as well. Good race anyway
  15. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Thanks all for the racing tonight bad luck to @Rolz with his setup issues. The racing was pretty good overall it seemed, not a huge turnout but 15 started I think so not too bad. Congrats to @andyo450 for the win and @Godzilla with the second place with @mesafto taking 3rd place.

Unfortunatly your connection was really playing up all race, you cant see your own ping anywhere. But you must have seen all other cars warping around a bit as yours was very rough. Ping was around 50-65 at the start when I started to watch after my car was wrecked. It stayed around the 60-65 mark for a while but was very warpy then later in the race it went up to 350 and finally went back to about 60 but car was very rough at all times.
    Frostwa and mesafto like this.
  16. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

Thanks for the race guys - very happy to finish, longest race I have ever done. Very enjoyable and clean race, so different from any other online racing I have done.

Had a good battle for 8th place with A.Quid near the end and just touched his rear bumper at T1 on the last lap - sadly enough to spin hin out. Very sorry mate if you are reading this, I did not expect you to brake that early, but my fault 100%. Waited and gave the place back but still feel bad!
    marty likes this.
  17. Frostwa

Frostwa Rookie

That's what i don't understand as I saw not one other car warping or lagging and nobody at home is awake so another win for Aussie internet. Sorry again mate if it spoiled your night
  18. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Its not too big a deal, but with no indication of users connection they dont know if its warping out. At least I got to hang around and try to figure out the spectator/broadcast functions. :p

Here is a bit of video as I spectated the 2nd half of the race, to show how others would have saw your car. Also as your ping climbed, though the motion wasn't way worse when it went up compared to when it was around 55 it was mostly odd in corners. The helicam view past 55 seconds shows the random motion in most turns.

When you were behind me a couple times I saw your car go straight on through turns then pop back in behind.

Maybe something was using bandwidth in the background like an update. Hope you get lucky with the NBN lottery too but surely they arent doing fibre to the node anymore only to the curb or house for new connections.

Here is another video cycling through the rest of the field to show everyone else was pretty smooth.
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
  19. squid

squid Rookie

all good mate, it happens
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  20. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Rookie

I'm more optimistic that 15 starters at this stage of development of ACC is a strong starting grid, given the problems ACC has had to date. Unfortunately tonight I experienced bad stuttering on 1.0.5 beta and reduced frame rate throughout qualifying and the few laps of the race I competed in. Clean install performed tonight which will hopefully see me right for future races. Congrats to @andyo450, @Godzilla and @mesafto for their great results. In my short time here the competition at RaceOnOz is great and I look forward to future events.
    marty likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.