Season 20 AC or ACC

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by marty, Jun 21, 2019.

?

Next season should be raced in AC or ACC

1. AC

33.3%
  2. ACC

66.7%
  1. marty

marty AC Server Legend

[​IMG]
    Im putting up a poll to see if people would prefer the next season to be in AC or run in ACC.

The last AC season numbers were down a fair bit, however ACC we still need basics like a useable results format at the very least. Im not sure what dates the next season is to start at, just seeing general interest here.

Obviously ACC is gt racing only so not for everyone, also some setups probably arent working great with it. Personally Im not really running AC much anymore and wont likely race the next season. But I can do all the server side stuff if there is enpugh i terest in this.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2019
    KoAStR likes this.
  2. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

I'm out in a few weeks early July whilst I move and not sure how easy moving my company paid internet connection move is going to be either... I'm primarily going to focus my racing time with ACC, but I don't think it's ready for a proper Season yet...
    We can start a new season basically straight away as we are not tied this time to any other ROOZ league start times...
  3. mesafto

mesafto Rookie

Im out for a few weeks in July too, but i think ACC is the way forward and would join it if your hosting.
  4. jlynn777

jlynn777 Team Driver

I really don't know, I think it depends on a few things. Like, is this ACC a serious championship, or a happy go lucky one, or just a test?
    There's not much variety, and I think if we were to keep the same AC format it may feel like ground hog day - especially with low numbers.
    Due to the low number of tracks and cars I still think that stretching the season out for longer would be better.
    I think it would put more emphasis on each race and people will have plenty of time to do prac. Thing is this might make it very serious championship (which could be good), and maybe people would lose interest in between races. Having an official prac night each week could add a bit of fun with short races that don't matter.
    Otherwise if we do a couple seasons per year with a race per week I guess that could become more repetitive, less special but be a less stressful championship.

For me, the fun comes mostly from large grids - doesn't matter if it's AC or ACC. So personally I'm interested in what would bring more people to race as we don't seem to have many for either yet.
    It makes me sad thinking I may of had my last Bathurst race with you guys without even realising haha
    tezpez85, Bogor, pb1 and 1 other person like this.
  5. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

This would be my first time in a league, so to be honest I would be happy with whatever is decided - I am just looking forward to getting on track and absorbing as much info from all of you good folk as I can, and of course having some fun.

Right now I am playing almost exclusively ACC just because I have decided to focus on learning to drive and set-up cars one thing at a time. I've driven a bunch of cars in AC and would love an excuse to focus on any of those.

As far the the future of league racing in either AC/ACC, from my perspective there are still very strong reasons why you could run events in both, even simultaneously. ACC being the 'future' but AC still being relevant and able to cater for different interests and keep things fresh.

For example:

Long league season in AC with regular pick-up races in ACC during the period when ACC is developed to a point where a 'serious' league is easier to run.

Long league season in ACC with a series of mini-leagues (3/4/5 rounds) in AC focusing on different groups of cars/tracks to keep things fun and interesting. 'Serious' ACC - 'fun' in AC.

These kind of options would hopefully help raise overall participation as they give options for serious and less serious racers, plus break up the monotony with different stuff happening frequently.

I know that you already do similar things to these as I have seen various events posted up here - I love this idea and really think it is interesting and opens the door for all of the weird and wonderful or very niche stuff in AC.
  6. nanlatt

nanlatt ACC Server Legend Gold Member

I've never league raced either or done much online racing at all but would love to get involved with ACC.
  7. marty

marty AC Server Legend

My thoughts on Monday nights once ACC gets a bit more league ready would be a Monday series mostly following an actual Blancpain season. This would be 10 rounds mixed with sprint rounds and enduros, could be raced as teams or even individually for those that want longer solo runs. Could do Sprints 45 min to 1hr with pit window and enduros 1.5 to 2hrs for example.

Then if theres enough interest in a more casual Thursday open server with strict restrictions and shorter races. Maybe 2x 30 min or even 2x 20 minutes where people dont even need to run both races if they dont want to or even keep it down to 1 shorter race.

Content wise for me I dont really mind the limited tracks and also you can pretty much run any car in any season. All tracks are high quality and its possible more tracks will come as DLC with more SRO seasons like US, Asia or intercontinental. Who knows when or if they will add more seasons but the tracks in those 3 series alone would be great, best of US, Asia and Bathurst just missing Nords.

Its possible to do a Porsche cup season or Lambo trofeo though would need skinnable cars. Would love VLN but thats highly unlikely, but we can watch the 24hr at Nords this weekend.

No poor quality mods for me is actually a good thing as its also 1 reason I stopped racing the AC league, however thats just me and some prefer variety over quality. There were a few very high quality mods but overall the track list of official and high quality mods in AC would be not much over 20 tracks. Every race in AC was perfect sunny conditions which in ACC keeping servers dynamic keeps things more interesting IMHO.

Saying that ACC is really not ready for a proper full league yet so short term AC if numbers warrant it or just 1 off casual ACC races until we get some more updates.
  8. jlynn777

jlynn777 Team Driver

Sounds good to me, following along with the Blancpain season would be cool, and the thursday sprints I think is a sweet idea as well.
    So how would this season work? I guess the next reasonable Blancpain date to aim for is 12-14 July then it ends 28 -19 September. That July date is Zandvoort so would have to sub in another track. Think there's 5 races in that period.
    Are you thinking we follow it or do something else as it's half way through already?

Also (crazy idea coming), I was on an AC GT3 server a while ago and there was an interesting program running on the server.
    When you joined you received a sum of money. You paid a race entry fee, got bonuses for fastest lap, race and qualifying performance. Then you got fined for making contact and had money taken for car repairs.
    Would something like that be of interest for us in ACC? Might be an interesting way of being able to purchase the car you want to be in etc.
  9. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I was thinking more going in the order and format of races but obviously not full distance for enduros. I wouldnt mind 1hr sprint races using the real format.

These are just my ideas though and entirely up for discussion, we need to see what would interest people and if a 10 rnd season is ok or maybe split between a sprint and enduro season if that would work better for most.

That money scheme in AC is another 3rd party app like minorating trying to rate drivers etc. I never actually used it but its unlikely we would have apps in ACC like this. I think they had some scheme in xgn with car trading etc but I never ran a season with it.

Theres always possibility to try different things though personally id prefer just people pick any car for the season and stick with it. All cars will have some stronger and weaker tracks but it could also be limited by actual car list only allowing one of each skin to limit too many of one car.

Seeing even the latest fun run there was a fair bit of variety in car choice so its probably not needed.
  10. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Seeing as currently we have 100% votes for ACC but this is only 5 votes we can run some fun runs in ACC for Mondays possibly to give more a chance to test in larger good mp fields. This should show us when it gets to the level most are confident to run a full season in it but I think it will take a few updates to get there.

Thats unless AC gets a big boost in votes but I suspect low votes is because many would prefer ACC but understand its not quite league ready yet so arent voting for either. Doesnt currently appear.too much interest in another AC season but with the low numbers last season thats also understandable.
    Rolz likes this.
  11. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

I voted AC at this stage but that's without knowing a start date for the next season. If we want to kick off one in a few weeks I think we could try one more AC season, as I doubt ACC will have been transformed into a robust league ready beast by then. We could promote it as the big finale for AC and go for a car choice that's very different to GT cars. Maybe historic, maybe street, but definitely Kunos content only and something that can be a bit more 'arrive and drive' so we encourage a big turnout for the final AC league. Same for tracks so that everyone knows them well.

If we do that I also think we should avoid any sort of car choice Poll and let the admins make an authoritative choice like it was at the beginning. The Poll's seem to just make more work for Rolz (should that be changed to Polz?) and in the end there's always a bunch who aren't happy and it doesn't seem to bolster the grid or reduce in-season dropouts.

I'm enjoying the driving in ACC and love GT cars so I'll definitely jump into an ACC season once it's ready. How long are we prepared to wait for a ROOZ season though? We don't want people to drift off to other leagues do we?
    tezpez85 and KoAStR like this.
  12. marty

marty AC Server Legend

With the current Polz ;) we would need a few more votes for AC to run another season in that I think. This coming Monday wont be any official fun run just have a very casual one using the current ACC server format with some short qualy and 30 min races at Spa with accelerated time.

The server will be up and allowing mid race joins so people can jump in or leave as they like. Assuming we may get a few from 8:30 est and people can do 2 maybe 3 races if they are keen.

Here is the last couple of laps I had on a damp track into sunrise with @Rolz tonight.

Rolz will be moving house soon so wont be available to race or admin until he has his new home connection sorted. For this reason I would suggest we hold of at least a few weeks before the next season starts.

With current polz levels ACC looks the go so will do a longer fun run for the following Monday and after that and a couple of shorter thursday ones. If AC gets a sudden kick in the pants then we can run a swan song season in that assuming enough interest is around for that. We can see how the poll looks in a couple weeks and also if ACC has the tools we can use for at least a short taster season.
    jlynn777, nanlatt, Godzilla and 3 others like this.
  13. nanlatt

Hey Marty, can I get whitelisted for tonight please. Currently at SA80 but would love to join in.
    Steam ID:76561198425863450
  14. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Will do in the next 30 min or so.
    Rolz and nanlatt like this.
  15. Rolz

Cheers all, fun night last night... well most of it!
    R1 - suffered terribly in the rain with the AMG whilst tweaking a setup for it... Being FunRun I moved away from the glorious Bentley to give another car a go... Spin city... changed to wets, but still went aquaplaning into the wall for some serious damage... back to pits to fix and go by to dry hoping it would dry but wasn't fast enough... lol good practice with monsoon conditions but I still had a smile... new VR tweaks I found online seemed to handle the cars and weather well without dropping to 45fps for ASW to kick in.
    R2 - good weather YESS! Setup more now to my liking I was able to get some good pace with a 20min tank so confident yes... having a great battle with Marty... and bombed out UE4 Crash report... :confused: fiddlesticks!
    R3 - passed on Qual to see what it was like to start a few positions back... again great fun! Was having a ding dong battle with @nanlatt (I think so) and I unfortunately klipped him coming out of T11, my only lame excuse is that Im now on the left side driving and missjudged how far the nose sticks on the right... so sorry... I was really enjoying that battle!!
    Said goodbyes and realised my Discord had died... so bit weird, that hadn't happened before...
    Next Monday will be the last FunRun for me until I'm in the new place and get sorted...
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  16. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

Yeah great fun last night, I really enjoyed it. Thanks to all for the races.

My report from an amateurs perspective at the back of the field.

R1 - Turned up late so missed first qualy session and started from the back with no warmup. Light drizzle and darkening skies reminding me of home (England!) turned to black clouds and heavy rain as we rolled out around T1 and onto the downhill straight towards Eau Rouge for green lights and go! go! go!. Managed to gain 4 places along Kemmel and at the right-left-right following it as everyone began to struggle with the lack of grip and my caution paid off. Sad to see some spins and contact so early, but I got my head down and concentrated on keeping the car on track. Went into the pits for a change to wet tyres figuring if Andy was going in, it was probably a good idea. Came out in 11th position but over the ensuing laps many span out, crashed or gave up time on slicks and I managed 5th position, with only one spin myself coming out of Pouhon and creating a massive flat spot on my left front. Felt like I had a square tyre for the rest of the race. Side benefit of the round - my sphincter muscle is incredibly strong now after such a workout going over that big puddle at the start of the Kemmel straight.

R2 - Mucking about with set-up and didn't qualify so started 9th. Fairly uneventful race for me and I was very happy to drive at 90% and avoid incidents - except one right at the start with I'm not sure who. I was coming through Blainchiment, taking it flat and whoever it was in front of me had a big lift, so I was forced to go outside and off track. Managed to hold it but coming back on I think I got too close and caused them to bin it. In hindsight I should have stayed back and lifted too - very sorry to whoever that was - I have learned another lesson. Finished 4th in the end.

I didn't earn either position on pace but I'm happy with both as for me, keeping it on track and reasonably smooth with minimal incidents it my goal as I get to grips with all this.

Missed race 3 as I had to work early today.

@Rolz my discord did that two nights ago, I think there is a bug in the latest update.
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
    Rolz likes this.
  17. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Enjoyed the racing last night and the weather was awesome, i had issues in the pit unable to stop the car and get tyres so ran on slicks and it wasn't too bad in the end the pace was picking up a couple of seconds per lap as the dry line appeared. Had a few scraps but i'm struggling mid corner with grip and understanding the tyre's.

Had a bit off FPS drop to the usally last night so dropped the foliage to low and shadows to med gained about 10fps. Couldn't even notice the difference on the foliage so if anyone needs so FPS give that a go.
  18. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Thanks to the guys that joined the casual races last night, was a bit of fun. I tried the Mclaren for the first session and found it had reasonable pace so stuck with it.

Race 1 was good fun with the early rain, during the week we had 1 race that started with light rain and I gambled on wets then. It never got heavier then eased off and my tyres were cooked early. This time started with drizzle to heavier rain, I was planning on stopping but the car was just driveable still and knowing the stop time at Spa was huge as is the pitlane lol. Raising pressures to 28.5/29 start pressures helped in the wet quite a bit and kept the floor off the puddles which are the main aquaplane issue.

I figured as long as I keep it on track at any pace and ahead of other slick startes its unlikely in a 20m race the guys on wets would make up even half of the time lost in pits. Driving like a grandma with minimal lock and very slow in the fast corners it was just driveable but had the rain continued longer I think I was done.

Here is a video of that race, driver animations need some work as the poor guy is on the clutch on all downshifts. :D

Race 2 in the dry I didnt think the Mclaren quite had the pace of the Merc or some other quicker cars but I was just able to keep ahead of @Rolz until he unfortunatly had his issues.

Race 3 tried without qualy, still started mid pack. Wasnt sure how the Mclaren would be at passing some other cars. Had a bit of trouble getting past the old Lambo but was fun trying to also avoid losing spots at the same time. Then finally got into 3rd behind Rolz and Nanlatt who had me on clean pace I think, with them battling I was gaining a bit but then @Andy got past as he is pretty quick in the Audi and I didnt keep him back for long. Then the 2 ahead got tangled up and Andy slowed I was assuming we were going to safety car it. Discord seemed dead then Andy stopped and a Bentley came from.behind at Pace so I continued on to the finish. Had a good battle with the Bentley that clearly had lap pace over me but he was still struggl8ng to get past. Into Les combe chicane we were side by side then he pushed me off track as he wanted all the exit for the left hander from the inside lane. o_O

Was a bit of fun and when things work its great, with the lack of documentation in game it makes it hard for people to figure things like stops on their own.

Next week we will run a longer fun run for which I will start a new thread. 1hr or possibly 1.5hrs if anyone is keen to force a stop in the race :p. That is unless we get forced stops to run a sprint round with a pit window by then which is unlikely.
    SteveDrivingSlowly and Rolz like this.
  19. nanlatt

Thanks for the races last night guys, I really enjoyed it.

First race was pretty tough and I cocked up on the first lap through Pouhon and smacked it into the barriers, Then I proceeded to do the same after Blanchimont and ended up missing the pit entry, was going for the wets. Spent the rest of the race just trying to catch up a bit.

Did a decent quali lap for race 3 (2:19.400 I think) and was only on pole because Rolz & Marty didn't do a lap I'm sure. Had a pretty good start with good pace but was too inconsistent and Rolz caught me about half way through the race. We were having a good close battle through several corners until I got tagged. I think we can put it down to the mercs extremely long nose and I had I slight lift on corner exit.

I enjoyed it anyway and am keen to keep doing more with you guys. If you do end up doing a Monday night ACC league count me in....
    Rolz likes this.
  20. Rolz

@nanlatt check here
    http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/acc-funs-mondays-and-thursdays.3728