ACC ACC fun Run Monday's

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by marty, Jun 25, 2019.

1. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Going by the current Polz with ACC being the favoured game for the next Monday league series we will run at least a couple of weeks more of fun runs. The Mondays will be longer single races with Thursday's more casual sprint formats much the same format as the last Monday casual fun runs. This is mostly to test league readiness for a coming Monday season and if an a couple of weeks it still looks unlikely we will run 1 final AC season assuming ACC should be good to go after that.

Race start times, qualifying will be at 8:30pm EST possibly longer Monday rounds can be at 8PM est but this may be too early for our WA friends so will be depending on if that works for all.

The coming fun runs will be.

Monday 22nd July
    90 minute race at Paul Ricard, 4x time scale simulating 6 hr race starting 8.30pm aest (6pm local game time finishing in the dark at midnight game time)

Thursday 25th of July
    2x 30 min races at Spa 2x 10 minute qualifying. 8:30pm est qualifying starts (10x time scale)

Monday 29th of July
    2.4hr race simulating a 24hr time cycle, track Spa 7:30pm AEST 10 min qualy prior to race.

All rounds will be running dynamic weather, there is currently no way to force pit stops in a server so we cant run a 1hr sprint race with pit windows as in the real series. To force a stop would need longer then 1hr race and I think at 1hr 10 minutes it kind of leaves the option for someone saving fuel and doing a no stop so would need to be 1hr20 to 1hr30 to ensure all make at least 1 stop.

Strict Ping limits enforced on all race nights of 250ms, anyone above this will be kicked prior to race start.
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
    jlynn777, fRZn, KoAStR and 4 others like this.
  2. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

3. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

Excellent - really looking forward to this!!!
  4. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Sounds good all round :)
  5. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I have picked Barcelona as the track for the Monday race, it will be at 1hr currently but I would prefer longer. Just depends on how many here are keen on running up to 1.5hrs though you dont really need to finish if you dont want to. For that round I think best to run qualy at 8am EST with a 15 minute session so the race should be starting by about 8:20 and finishing 9:20ish or 9:50ish depending on distance.

With the servers we can now set them to have track rotation, but only when empty. I will set one up for full rotation and the other running the next fun run combo. 1 will be Silverstone then switched to Barcelona after Thursdays fun runs and the other on random rotation.

It seems SA is getting a bit tougher too so I will open up the restriction to 75 for now but anyone that wants to run in the fun runs just PM me and I will get you on the whitelist if your ratings arent up to this yet.
  6. Rolz

oh I'd be keen on 90min race... Certainly adds another dimension especially if it forces us to pit... :thumbsup:
    marty likes this.
  7. marty

marty AC Server Legend

May help some out that are real tight with their virtual fuel too, as long as you start with at least 30 minutes worth you should make it on 1 stop. :D
    Rolz likes this.
  8. nanlatt

nanlatt ACC Server Legend Gold Member

I'm in. Never done a race longer that 1hr so that will thoroughly test me. Don't know how long I'll last though.
    marty and Rolz like this.
  9. SteveDrivingSlowly

Same here - an hour is the longest I’ve done but would love to give it a go. Probably gonna miss thursday due to work but should make monday.
    marty likes this.
  10. nanlatt

nanlatt ACC Server Legend Gold Member

I'm out for Thursday as well unfortunately.
  11. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Just a note for pit stops, they are a bit tricky in ACC. You can have a pre-set strategy in the setup menu which hasnt ever quite worked perfectly for me as yet.

Then you need to map a button to MFD hud and scroll through this until you get to pit options. Here you can cycle through your preset strategies but make sure if you want to change tyres you have change tyres checked. I will do most of this setup on the grid before we get to start the race. Will try have a wet and dry tyre option as You never know if it will rain, in general all cars should get 1 hour plus on a full tank of fuel but at some faster tracks the thirstier ones may need a little fuel saving.

Then to do the pit stop you need to make sure not to speed into the entry, the pit limiter will only engage in 1st gear with manual or auto limiter. Then you need to stop just short of your pit arrow marker and bottom of screen will say you can turn off engine. Turn the engine off and the stop will begin, after the stop you need to start your engine again but in auto it should do this for you. As you head off make sure to stay in 1st to avoid turning off the limiter. ;)

A good idea is to practice pit entry and stops whenever your in a server, you can practice the entry and stopping in any session. I think the MFD pit menu is meant to work in all session now in the latest 1.0.5 beta build.
    krunch likes this.
  12. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Rookie

Further to Marty's post above be aware of the preset PSI of the tyres the pit menu indicates for your pit stop. In my experience it can be set a few PSI below optimum, to combat this I've set up macros to increase them quickly in 1psi intervals. Happy to help anyone who is unsure how to do this, PM for assistance if needed but it does require a 3rd party app. Unfortunately there are a few quirks in ACC still which can be fun for the hardcore simmer but confusing and counter productive for others. Happy to help in any way to make the pit stop process seamless for other racers. But as Marty said certainly run pit stop tests to gain an understanding of how it all works.
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
    jlynn777, krunch, nanlatt and 2 others like this.
  13. SteveDrivingSlowly

Also if you are using a Fanatec rim, the default set up using your Funkyswitch is that pressing down is enter - if you do this when in the pit menu, it will open the chat window and lock you out of the pit menu. You have to push the funky switch to the right in order to select anything (e.g. selecting tyre type or checking the box to change tyres). Very annoying.

Unless anyone knows how to fix this?? I just unmapped the push down button on my funky switch to stop me doing it by accident.
    krunch and Rolz like this.
  14. Rolz

yeah I used to have funky stick as enter and the other one as esc but unmapped them as they were a pain... I have now a button box that has them... pretty easy to feel and get to whilst in VR
    krunch and SteveDrivingSlowly like this.
  15. Rolz

Great racing tonight all! Great fun!!

We've got rough skin options now! :)
    check this post - https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/car-customization-sponsor-ids.57877/
    We could probably knock something up for u if u give us colour/number options...

this is what mine looks like

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    {
    "raceNumber": 57,
    "auxLightKey": 1,
    "auxLightColor": 67,
    "skinTemplateKey": 102,
    "skinColor1Id": 250,
    "skinColor2Id": 250,
    "skinColor3Id": 250,
    "sponsorId": 2,
    "skinMaterialType1": 0,
    "skinMaterialType2": 0,
    "skinMaterialType3": 0,
    "rimColor1Id": 284,
    "rimColor2Id": 321,
    "rimMaterialType1": 2,
    "rimMaterialType2": 2,
    "teamName": "Rolz Racing Team",
    "displayName": "RRT",
    "competitorName": "Rolz Racing Team",
    "carModelType": 8,
    "cupCategory": 0,
    "useEnduranceKit": 1
    }
    KoAStR and jlynn777 like this.
  16. SteveDrivingSlowly

Great fun racing as always tonight all - thanks for arranging it. I was totally wrecked from work and really not with it but enjoyed a but of practice nonetheless.

I need a livery that looks like safety tape (yellow and black stripes).
    Rolz likes this.
  17. Rolz

18. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Here is a video of race 1:D last night with @Rolz being held up by my merc. I only ran a few laps earlier here to test the server with @Godzilla and it was wet. I had the default agressive which had reasonable lap pace but was very pushy in the high speed entries. Luckily it got a little jump on Rolz put of all the slower exits to keep him just far enough back. Also my first lap I for some reason shifted to 1st a few times I shouldn't have so lucky not to get a rear ending.

Congrats on the 2 Rolz Polz too with only .006 in it for race 2. As we still dont really have a good way of turning the results files into useable data means we dont really have any.

Race 2 I meant to start on wets but somehow with the restarts I ended up on slicks and way under pressure. Expecting some decent early grip on wets it took half a lap to figure out I didnt have them on. :oops: Had some good battles with @Chris Nipperess in race 2 then got stuck in no mans land for the rest of the run. My tyres finally were getting decent on the last lap as it mostly dried out.
    Chris Nipperess and Rolz like this.
  19. Chris Nipperess

Chris Nipperess New Recruit

Had a feeling you might have been on slicks!! The wets were starting to hurt pretty badly by about lap 3 so looks like you got the better tyre in the end. As soon as I made the switch to slicks the car was 4.5s quicker! The battle with you was a lot of fun, good close side by side racing with no contact. Thoroughly enjoyable, looking forward to the next one already!
    marty likes this.
  20. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Here is another edit of the first race from Last Thursday, my race 2 didnt auto save the replay so I couldnt do anything with that but this had fairly close racing for the full 30 minutes so heres a few different angles of it.
    andyo450, Rolz and SteveDrivingSlowly like this.