Join the team at Raceonoz

Discussion in 'RaceOnOZ Aussie iRacing Team' started by Giant slayer, Jun 10, 2017.

1. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

2. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

Have iRacing installed and working. Have only done a couple of practice sessions so far. I'm interested to join in, at least once I'm up to speed on everything.
  3. Snoopy

Snoopy New Recruit

PSN ID
    Formerly Michael Schafferius
    Hi Guys, I bumped into Tyler last week at a go kart track near us. I’d love to get involved with the team in the Sunday night AMF GT3 races. I can jump on discord to run through things but let me know what I need to do to get involved.

Talk to you soon.

Mick.
    Giant slayer and Anthonyb like this.
  4. tim mulford

tim mulford New Recruit

Hey guys just made the jump from pc2 on PS4 to iracing looking for some racing to enjoy and and hopefully build up to join the team... any hints or ideas
    Anthonyb likes this.
  5. Pringles_947

Pringles_947 Team Driver Gold Member

Hey Tim, feel free to jump in our discord and we can have a chat. We usually have someone on most nights, but Steven Latimore AKA @Giant slayer is the man to talk to. Hopefully we’ll see you there =]
    Giant slayer likes this.
  6. tim mulford

tim mulford New Recruit

Sweet no worries I’ll be on sober the weekend
  7. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Hey guys any room for a back marker on the team? I have signed up for the Aussie mixed and fixed sunday GT series. I'll run this Sunday but will be good next season to get in with the Rooz boys if possible.
    Pringles_947 and its-benny-racer like this.
  8. its-benny-racer

I don't think I'm out of line in saying the more the merrier.

For AMF, they run official practice sessions on Wednesday and Friday nights (4 hour sessions from 7pm sydney time). Sunday nights they run a practice/qually session (90m/30m), followed by a warmup/race session. So you exit after finishing qually, wait for them to sort out splits for the race rooms then join the split you are in. This week is a sprint round, so it will be 2 20 minute races, second race will be reverse grid for those on the lead lap (anyone not on the lead lap starts at the back). Oh, and if you're fast enough to end up on the podium in top split, be prepared to do a broadcast interview :p

Each season runs in sync with the official iRacing 12 week seasons.
    Next season we are just running the GTEs (Ferrari, BMW M8, Ford GT, Porsche RSR) and the tracks will be in sync with one of the official series (either IMSA or LM24), so good opportunities to get some racing practice in at any time during the week leading up to Sunday night.
  9. kayne greenwood

kayne greenwood Rookie

Hey guys

I've quietly been running iracing since June - benny your spiel on how good iracing was one night on pcars2 got me interested, invested in a VR setup and can't look back, racing on a 2d screen seems wrong and is something I cannot do anymore.

Not to sure if I will see you guys though as I will only be racing the skippy for the next year as its cheap and after a year joining another series won't take too much of a hit out of my pocket due to the track accumulation throughout the year.

If theres a raceonoz skip barber livery I'll gladly slap it on :D
    Pringles_947 and Anthonyb like this.
  10. its-benny-racer

Yeah, I tried going back that one time and just couldn't drive on a 2D screen anymore. Practicing for COTA this week has really driven home the differences, turning the head, looking out the left window to pick up the apex of the tight hairpins.

Skippys are a good place to learn, it has the new tyre and damage model and yes we do have a livery for it. Jump in our discord server, all of the details are there.

Most of the guys are doing AMF GT or V8s as far as I know, I have had to spend a bit on tracks to enter all rounds of AMF, worth every penny though. I've heard that iRacing spend around half a mil to produce 1 new track.
    kayne greenwood and Anthonyb like this.
  11. kayne greenwood

kayne greenwood Rookie

Yeah once you go VR ya never go back ha that or triples I guess.

And yeh skippies are awesome, I feel I've improved alot since I've started no longer get nervous with wheel to wheel racing nor make as many mistakes as I use to which is good but yeah I figured it'd be GTs or v8s with you guys which is fine but not ready for that yet (for skill or money) .. eventually wanna get into that sorta stuff and maybe the IMSA/VRS sprint series eventually.

And haha crazy if they spend that much spose that explains why iracing is so expensive (or as expensive as you make it) - but its sooo sooo worth it.
  12. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

yeah Hi, i am currently running iRacing and would like to join the team, have wheel and pedals, can travel.
    stucar17 likes this.
  13. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    maybe @its-benny-racer can point you in the right direction on who to talk to now days
  14. Ian sainty

Ian sainty Rookie

PSN ID
    Down-shift389
    Do i still sign up through here? I'm keen to race the v8's. Finished building a pc and have been running the Mazda's recently, is it worth staying with them till i get the license requirements?
    Pringles_947 likes this.
  15. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    @its-benny-racer are you able to help?
  16. its-benny-racer

I will let @Giant slayer know you are keen to join up, he runs the Discord server that we do most of our communications through. If you want to race the V8s the Mazda is a good starting point until you get out of rookies. To be honest, there aren't many cars that can really prepare you for the V8SC so if you have bought one of them, it would be a good idea to get plenty of practice laps in before you try racing it.
    Hatfield likes this.
  17. Ian sainty

Ian sainty Rookie

PSN ID
    Down-shift389
    I’ve been testing the legacy ZB so far, but I’m out of rookies and now in d class. Might just keeping going with them till I reach the c class. Will I need to buy heaps of tracks? Don’t really want to at this point lol
    Pringles_947 likes this.
  18. its-benny-racer

I would just buy tracks as you need them to compete in the races that you want, you do get a discount if you buy 3 or more items (cars and/or tracks) in 1 purchase. I've been going for nearly 2 years now and only in the last few months have I ended up buying the last of the road circuits.

Also to note, that whilst you do need to be C class to race in the official V8 series, private leagues set their own criteria. There is a dev series that runs on Tuesday nights that uses fixed setups which I'm pretty sure you can join even as a D license. From what I gather it is the best way to hone your skills until you are ready to have a crack at the more competitive leagues.
    Pringles_947 likes this.
  19. Pringles_947

Pringles_947 Team Driver Gold Member

There is a big sale for new member on at the moment for the next week (until 22/08/22). 75% off for new subscriptions. Would be a pretty good time if you have been thinking about iRacing to try it out! Feel free to reach out to myself, @its-benny-racer, or any of the guys so we can help you out :thumbsup:
    https://www.iracing.com/membership/
    JJ_Penguin, mitchie06 and stucar17 like this.
  20. JumbuckMedia

JumbuckMedia New Recruit

JJ_Penguin and KoAStR like this.