ACC ACC fun Run Monday's

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by marty, Jun 25, 2019.

1. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Are the people in the whitelist but under SA75 currently able to get into the server? I just joined and noticed I wasn't auto loaded as admin so maybe the entry list is not working properly but it could just be the admin command.
  2. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

I don’t know why I did but I went into a public server and tried a race at spa tonight.

Qualified 4th out of 16 and then the absolute expected happened - I got rear ended in eau rouge on lap 1 then hit by what felt like every car on the server. Lost 5 SA in that one incident - so will be able to test the whitelist tomorrow lol
  3. Wally

Wally Team Driver

I've managed 1:25's, so I'll be giving the field some depth tonight :)
    nanlatt likes this.
  4. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Well I'm in the new place with no internet... had organised it for last Friday, but I was pushing my luck to get that... had organised the plumber, foxtel and a key-smith all on that day and had them do what they needed... but my own employer failed miserably... lol
    Will try later on today if Mobile data is worthwhile...
    jasondull1986 likes this.
  5. marty

marty AC Server Legend

If you have decent reception mobile data wont be any worse then WiFi, Im home so will be able to get servers up and make the race tonight. Only did a few short runs in the prace server so not much idea hiw the tyres will hold out but they seemed better then at Nurburgring in the Porsche except if its pretty warm then the left rear gets pretty well cooked.

I will leave a longer time at the end of qualy to clean the server of high pings before the race. The guy that snuck in just at the end of qualy Thursday night did manage to take out both cars he tried to pass and in replay looked around 300ms+ with the cars motion.
    Rolz likes this.
  6. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Sorry about tonight the acc update has caused some new bugs on my end. Twice the wheel just lost all feedback and started turning left to right and like restarting endlessly. Had to exit then in the race managed to get away only to hit the brakes which were non existent into T1 and cleaned someone up.
  7. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Practice
    [​IMG]

Qualy
    [​IMG]

Race (finishers only DNF's dont get recorded in current results.)
    [​IMG]
  8. SteveDrivingSlowly

Bad luck mate that sucks, was looking forward to racing you.

Great fun tonight lads thanks all for the race, well done to captain barracuda on an awesome win!!

Also props to m.nipperess for being very patient as I defended - you were obviously quicker than me by a fair bit but I had fun trying to make the big beemer as big as possible. Well done on the clean pass mate.
    Mat Nipperess likes this.
  9. Wally

Wally Team Driver

The race went fairly well for me. I had a couple of brain fade spins late in the piece, but no real harm done. I saw M. Frost a few times - I think he pitted early, so I got track position on him, but he caught me while a lap down, and because I could see he had the pace, I let him by. But maybe he spun later, because I ended up in front of him. After my stop, about halfway, I caught up to the Nipperess/Steve Driving Slowly battle, with a clear advantage on fresher tyres that saw me pass them both eventually. I was pleased with a 5th place, even if the racing was fairly lonely.
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  10. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Well done on the win Barracuda, kinda just took off and never looked back. Was fun trying to either keep up with or keep behind Andy for most of the race, this track can bite though and takes its toll on you with no time to rest,

2.4 hours would be interesting, that’s approaching triple stint length, not sure one driver could practically go too much longer.

Bad luck on the PC crash Rolz, hopefully sorted for next run
  11. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Race summary for me, qualy I only made 1 run and didnt get pressures great and missed a bit of the session clearing out the high pings. Tyres definatly seemed to lose a bit by the 3rd lap and my first few werent great. 3rd in qualy was better then expected if I got in a pb could have gone low 1:43 but wasnt going to match @Captain Barracuda who was flying.

Race with not much practice or much idea of fuel burn in the 911 but I know its quite high. I went for a full tank and would adjust fuel for stop as needed. My rough guess for fuel was 170L for 90 minutes which turned out spot on as I had 2L at the finish but saw the fuel burn at 30 and 60 minutes so knew I was close. Early laps I really struggled for pace and couldnt hang on to the leaders. I went wide lap 1 or 2 losing a couple spots to @Andy and @Godzilla but then was a bit off their pace and tried to just stay ahead of Matt Frost. Really not sure where my pace went first stint as I tried a full tank start of practice and it was much quicker, maybe I loaded older tyres but maybe I just had nothing. :D

Was a pretty lonely run just passing a few lapped cars that must have pitted early, all did a good job under blues staying on track and minimizing time loss for both cars when they conceded the place. I pushed as hard as I coukd but was stuck in low to mid 1:45's for most of the hour stint. My only real hope was late rain and getting wets as everyone ahead stopped between 45 and 55 minutes but I went about 64 with my full tank. Car was much better in the second stint but still barely matched Andy and Godzillas pace well of Barracuda into the mid 44's.

Still good fun to run a longer race in a good field and congrats to all finishers and commiserations to those that may have had issues and a dnf.

Next Monday will be at Paul Ricard and the 90 minute race will just simulate the 6hr race finishing in the dark like the real round. Not the full 24hr cycle weve had last few rounds which is a bit quickin even a 90 minute race.

The week after thinking of a 2.4hr round at Spa as it will be the 24hr weekend, a few in discord were keen. If on a Monday an earlier start will be needed and I can ensure I dont work late then or at least try to. Will need to see what time people could do and also possibly if anyone would want to run as a team, run the ACC gauntlet we could add them in and they can share the driving load and test if this works.

Thursday will be Misano for the sprint races.
  12. SteveDrivingSlowly

2.4 hours of SPA would be awesome!!! Could do an early Monday - or would also be up for a weekend, maybe Sunday arvo???
  13. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

WD @Captain Barracuda on the win and @andyo450 and @Godzilla for the podiums!
    Yeah bit of a shame about the game crash... even more annoying is that it left my empty husk out on the track for a lap or so! :eek:
    Hope they fix that!
    Brands Hatch I think still has some bugs... it seems to be my most problem track for crashes
    Well I supplied them some good crash data if they read it... thankfully it's a good crash were even the UE4 crash reporter comes up and you can email it to them...
    Cyas online again soon! :thumbsup:
    marty likes this.
  14. Wally

Wally Team Driver

2.4 hrs would sure be a test. Being in SA, I could start at 7:30pm Eastern. I was thinking that with simulating 24 hrs, our one set of tyres in a one-stopper has to cope with 12 hrs of temperature fluctuations, so they spend quite a bit of time out of their optimal PSI range. In real life, they'd have a lot more stops in 24 hrs and so could adjust their PSI more often to the current temps. But in our 90 min races, it works pretty well and it's just something we have to deal with. The PSI should be more manageable in a simulated 6 hr.
    marty likes this.
  15. marty

marty AC Server Legend

For Spa I think a 24hr sim in the 2.4hrs so 10x will at least resemble the race.

Other shorter enduros maybe just scale real race time. Be it 3, 6 or 12hr real rounds.

Would be nice to have sprint format forcing pit window and stops in mp too. A 1hr sprint race with some mixed in enduros woukd make for a good league season whenever ACC actually gets to league ready status that is.

Lets hope 1.1 brings some more to the table but I cant see a proper season starting until at the very least results work properly.
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  16. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

I'm in for Thursdy - @marty anything I need to do before then? All new to me...
    SteveDrivingSlowly and Rolz like this.
  17. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I will add you to the server whitelist tonight as you probably havent got the ratings needed yet. Will post here once done.

Thursdays are sprints with no pit stops but weather is random and dynamic so could rain and may need a stop for wets so mapping mfd hud and running a practice race with a stop will help you.

Also general ACC things like pit lane speeding with limiter only working in 1st gear amd needing to slow before line. Set pit strategy and stop engine to begin the stop then start it to get going again.
    tezpez85, SteveDrivingSlowly and Rolz like this.
  18. SteveDrivingSlowly

For all watching the results.json development, there has been an update in the thread I'm watching from one of the Kunos developers:

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...er-results-files-problems.58887/#post-1074882

Basically this means at the next ACC update my parser will be broken and I will need to fix the way it navigates the object - but it will be able to give us some extra information like the track name (hooray!). They have also re-acknowledged the problem with the total race time and apparently it will be fixed soon. I'll try and make sure there is only a small gap between the update and a fix to the parser.
    KoAStR likes this.
  19. Mat Nipperess

Mat Nipperess Rookie

It was great fun, mate. I'll take any opportunity to practice the dive bombs, lol. In all seriousness, it was a great test of my patience, which I have to say is my weak point as a driver, and a great demonstration of your defensive driving :D
  20. Kcender87

Kcender87 Rookie

Well that was all going well enough (but for the time deficit from running so fat and heavy through the cold of the night) until i came into the pits and hit the limiter which flashed on them off from on button press - thought I caught it but nope...speeding - came in for the stop go....happened again - DQ'd good times :p
    On a tangent - is it always the case that no matter the strategy set in the setup screens, tyre change is default off when you roll into the pits? Any way to fix this as fumbling around in VR into the pits aint so fun