ACC ACC fun Run Monday's

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by marty, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Chris Nipperess

Chris Nipperess New Recruit

What a race!! A sprinkle of rain really spiced things up! Didn't quite nail the tyre pressures for the greasy conditions but still some progress was made and the GTRs were a lot more competitive last night. Mat and I have been chipping away for a while and looks like we're on the right path now. Dunno who makes the standard presets but we've more or less reversed everything in the settings to make the cars work...

Steve and i had a great battle in Race 1 after i numpty'd myself at the last turn on lap one. Thought i got by him when he outbreaked himself down into 5 but he catapulted past me into the hairpin. Top shelf move!

Race two was quieter. Was just trying to stick with Mat, but lower starting pressures meant the tyres never came on and he was driving away at around .6 a lap. I was banking on the track drying quicker. Then grabbed the wet kerb on the outside of the last turn and had a pretty lonely race from there.
    All in all, terrific fun and renergised with finding the right setup path with the GTR. Was considering a sensational manufacturer shift but might stick it out now
    Rolz and SteveDrivingSlowly like this.
  2. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

I do enjoy watching his video's...
  3. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

If either Nipperess changes manufacturer I think I will pass out! Unless you change to the beemer at which point, I'd consider a name change for set-up help.
  4. Rolz

was really interesting, and shows how much I don't know about cars... on Q2 I was making a concerted effort to slowly increase the throttle instead of my usual smash down (hence why I run TC 1) and noticed a better improvement in my times (though still way off the Capt) then read this part (below) this morning in the tire model post on AC forums... and it all made sense... it's cool that I'm slowly learning about setups but now the importance of what TC can do to help and in the wrong hands hamper the car...

One more thing…
    In our never-ending research for more realism, we knew that we had to improve our Traction Control systems. With the strict rules of the Blancpain series and the BoP in place, there’s not much performance to be found in terms of aerodynamics, chassis, engine and suspension. But the electronics, although regulated, are still a big open field and automakers spend a big amount of their budget to improve such systems.
    In street cars, the Traction control engages on the aperture of the accelerator (drive by wire), on the engine ignition timing, on the engine ignition cut and on the brakes. With a combination of all of those controls, the engage of the TC can be smooth and highly efficient.
    In GT3 race cars, the control of the throttle and the brakes activation is prohibited by the rules. The TC can “only” modify the ignition timing which lowers up to a point the engine power delivery and if this is not enough, then it will start to totally cut the ignition at a high frequency, resulting in the characteristic engine rattling and vibration.
    Been able to lower the ignition timing before cutting totally the ignition, is very important because it permits a more gradual power delivery and a more accurate control at the initiation of a sliding, giving the driver the possibility to modulate throttle application or work around the slide with steering inputs.
    To better control the TC engagement, the ECU not only tries to estimate the sliding and slipping of the tyres, but now also uses gyroscopes that measure the yaw rotation of the car, sensors on the steering wheel, and many other parameters so that it can accurately calculate the acceleration of the yaw rotation of the car and understand and predict if it is controllable by driver or if it has to intervene to slower such rotation and give the driver the time to react.
    All of the above is now simulated in ACC, delivering a more advanced TC intervention that not only can make you faster and safer but also, incredibly enough, make the car handling more enjoyable even over the limit! Honestly I never thought I would say this for a electronic system…

Sorry if this is a "shouldn't it be bloody obvious TC does that" post :oops::D
    KoAStR and nanlatt like this.
  5. SteveDrivingSlowly

News to me mate - very interesting
  6. Mat Nipperess

Mat Nipperess Rookie

You could always swap to the Nissan :D

In all seriousness, though, Chris and I have really different driving styles. I've always been faster into the corners and Chris always seems to carry the speed a bit better through the corners, so, what works for me, doesn't always work for Chris and vice versa. While we share a starting setup, we often take completely different directions with the setup (Chris' chassis is usually always stiffer than mine for instance), so, setup advice isn't always clear cut solutions, usually, it's just a nudge in the right direction.
    nanlatt and SteveDrivingSlowly like this.
  7. Chris Nipperess

Chris Nipperess New Recruit

Very much still learning how GT3 cars work and getting it wrong more often than right, but happy to help where I can with setup Steve. There’s a lot of YouTube videos that explain the engineering behind spring rates, roll bars and dampers and I’ve been spamming them on repeat to get an understanding of how it all fits together.

And hey, if they ever bring in the GT3 Camaro in as DLC I’ll be jumping manufacturers so fast you won’t even know what happened!,
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  8. SteveDrivingSlowly

Haha I might take you up on that offer!
    Chris Nipperess likes this.
  9. Wally

Wally Team Driver

Monday server down? I'm only seeing the Thu server in the list.
  10. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Will take a look havent been able to get online since Thursday, will sort things out this morning.

edit: Servers have been updated and restarted.

Monday server has Paul Ricard with 4x time as the race will be 90 minutes and real race is 6 hours into the night.

Thursday will be Spa at 10x time as the 2.4 hour race will be next Monday but I figured may as well have a sprint practice round there on Thursday for those that want some laps to practice for the longer race the following Monday.
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
    Rolz likes this.
  11. SteveDrivingSlowly

Apologies gents as I will miss Mondays race (family coming to stay over) - will hopefully be back for Thursday.
  12. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Here is a video of the auto highlights from race 1 on Thursday night. :D
    krunch, Rolz and Wally like this.
  13. Wally

Wally Team Driver

Misano? Just as well I practiced at Paul Ricard then o_O
  14. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Monday should be Paul Ricard, typo in that post will need to check if there is a typo in prac server setup too. :oops:

Edit: checked and Monday Prac server is Paul Ricard as it should have been. ;)
  15. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Sorry guys since race 2 last Thursday when I got disconnected I have been disconnected from the ACC servers every few minutes. In practice it happened about 6 times, once in qualy then again 15 or so minutes into the race.

Hope all went well with a better turnout this Monday with I think about 17 local starters with only 2 high pings needing to be removed during the sessions prior to the race.

Hopefully we get an update soon which may address connection stability, also the tyre model update would be nice as the 911 was really struggling anywhere near the curbs tonight.
    krunch likes this.
  16. Rolz

bad luck Marty, hope u find out the cause... was tough but glad my PC held up today... with just the one crash earlier on in pre-prac
  17. Flamebadger

Flamebadger ACC Server Legend

Hey all, finally made it to one of these! Had a great time; it makes such a difference having a curated server and community. Although that is the longest I have raced since i got a loadcell brake and my left leg is feeling it a bit now haha.
    Rolz, krunch, nanlatt and 4 others like this.
  18. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Rookie

Bad luck Marty, seems to be a few kinks to iron out still in the games' general stability.
    Thanks all for a good race. Lots of pressure from Andy throughout the race and Rolz nearly took the win with good fuel management in the big Bentley. Bring on Spa!
  19. Wally

Wally Team Driver

I switched to the BMW this race. I found it very understeery in the very slow corners, which meant I had to take them very slowly to get turn-in, but that tempted people to try to push up the inside in the early stages, which gave me a little damage. I probably should have pitted earlier to fix the damage, as after my stop with repairs I noticed the damage was costing me a few kph at the end of the long straight.

I had a couple of spins, and copped a drive through for cutting the inside too much at the fast right hand sweeper, so not great, but still enjoyed the racing.
  20. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Here are the results from the Paul Ricard 90 minute race.
    Practice
    [​IMG]
    Qualy
    [​IMG]
    Race
    [​IMG]

Did @Captain Barracuda finish a lap ahead or is this also another bug in the results file.
    krunch and jasondull1986 like this.