ACC ACC fun Run Monday's

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by marty, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Rookie

You've gotta get that internet sorted by Monday, we had some good dices on track last night which would be a good way to spend 2.4 hours. Could be an good intense race.
  2. Mat Nipperess

Mat Nipperess Rookie

Great racing last night, gents. Had a struggle in qualifying, which is to be expected as all my testing is focused on developing the race setup, so, both races I started in the mid pack. Managed to take advantage of a few other drivers mistakes in the 1st race to finish 2nd, but, still wasn't happy with the car in the long wide open throttle corners. Made a heap of changes for the 2nd race which threw the balance in the complete opposite direction making the car very unstable, so, I was in a bit of trouble, but, luckily that rain came in, which helped lessen the damage from a bad setup and having @Godzilla breathing down my neck to hold on to another 2nd. Congrats to Andy on another awesome drive for another win

Lots of development to be done over the weekend for Monday night, but, looking forward to it. Hopefully I'll pick up a few ideas from watching the pros this weekend :D
  3. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    I'm going to stuggle hitting the start time Monday any chance you can leave the race open? I doubt a random is going to complete a 2.4hr race.
  4. nanlatt

nanlatt ACC Server Legend Gold Member

Can it be left open to join late but set a password perhaps?
  5. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Leaving it open will make people randomly join all race for open practice sessions which is never a great option. What time do you think you could make the race start would 8pm qualy work better but then would finish be too late for some others? Ideally we want to set start and fininsh time to suit as many as possible.
    Using a password would be ok, I dont k lnow how many would be joining randomly that dont use the forum. I think thursday we only had a couple extra randoms in and of these one didnt start the race.

It was also the first time I didnt need to kick any people with over 250 pings, looks like people started to read the server name.
    nanlatt likes this.
  6. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    i don't want to put others out time wise but i know if i miss quali i'm out for the race so was hoping there was a way of getting in even if i miss a lap or two
  7. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

Seems like an ideal situation for driver swaps :). Guess it's a bit late to try to implement it though.
  8. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Here are the results from Last night at Spa
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

@SteveDrivingSlowly for some reason both races say Race 1 in the results even though they were noted in the files as R1 R2, qualifying shows both sessions correct though.
  9. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

The technical explanation is that I was parsing a chicken burger while writing that part and grease created a friction related data misalignment.

(Garden variety dumb typo)
    KoAStR, tezpez85, krunch and 4 others like this.
  10. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Sounds VERY similar to the much more common alcohol induced data misalignment
  11. marty

marty AC Server Legend

GTworld has a cool multi channel live stream for the main race.
    krunch and nanlatt like this.
  12. Wally

Wally Team Driver

Hey Marty, what time of day is the race going to start?
  13. marty

marty AC Server Legend

EDIT: just tested and we cant set anything but the hour. Trying to set half past makes the sessions start at midninght so I am moving race and qualy forward 30 minutes from real sessions.

In game session times will be same as real race.
    Qualifying will be 7 pm like the superpole session.
    Race start and finish will be 5 pm.

Also if we start qualy 15 minutes later to give a chance to some that may be marginal on 7.30pm est (move to 7.45pm est) would that massively effect anyones beuty sleep routines? :rolleyes::p
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2019
  14. nanlatt

nanlatt ACC Server Legend Gold Member

That would be better for me.
  15. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

Happy for whatever suits all best mate
  16. Wally

Wally Team Driver

7pm is going to be a bit of a stretch for me. Even 7:15 would be a bit better.
  17. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Thought you wanted to know in game times, not our actual start times. Original plan was for 7.30pm est but maybe move it back to 7.45 to give more time to a few pretty tight for 7.30.

The actual real series super pole was 6.30pm but I can only set full hours for session start times so have mad made this 7.

If we want to simulate the real race then once it gets proper wet and the puddles build at Raidillon we can call a red flag on discord. :D
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2019
    jasondull1986 and nanlatt like this.
  18. Wally

Wally Team Driver

Yeah, I was after in game time, originally. 7:30 EST start is fine with me.
  19. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Here is the end of the 24hr race, not sure if they even had 2.4hrs of green flag running. If its wet going to be wet in our race tonight Im sure we will do better. :roflmao:
    krunch likes this.
  20. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Rookie

I wonder if the Porsche driver at the start blamed a physics bug for his accident?
    marty likes this.