ACC ACC fun Run Monday's

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by marty, Jun 25, 2019.

1. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    :roflmao: I thought the same watching replay of Ruggier's finish in the Aussie Raxing Cars recently!
  2. marty

marty AC Server Legend

The race night server is up for the 2.4hrs of Spa. And its already raining at the start of Practice so looks pretty true to the real race.
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  3. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

Unbelievable - was having a pretty good first stint until I thought I'd take off my hoodie as I was getting hot...ripped out my headphones, did two laps with no sound then tried to plug them back in on the straight after eau rouge as I had 80 litres to pit stop...as soon as the headphones touched the socket my view skipped out to the side car and I put it into the wall...race over!!!! Then I rage quit...at least I didn't hit anyone.

Would love to have another crack at this sometime as I was looking forward to it so much! Hope you all had a great race :)
  4. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Well done to all that started and those that finished this proper enduro, Congrats to @Captain Barracuda on the win and @andyo450 for the Podium and I got a hard fought second. Tried all I could but just didnt have enough in me or the car to beat the Bentley. Was within 5 seconds until the last 2 laps where I had no fuel left and damage so just stumbled home.

Practice
    [​IMG]
    Qualy
    [​IMG]
    Race
    [​IMG]
  5. Wally

Wally Team Driver

Funny race for me... I had a big crash at the bus stop in the night, and thought the car was alright, but I should have pitted straight away, instead I had to crawl around the track with a pretty buggered car. It's "fun" in the night when you kick up dust so that's all you can see in the headlights, windscreen's cracked, car's spinning on overheated tyres. I thought I'd started the race on wets, but now I think they were dry's. Pressures were all wrong, and I ended up with way too much fuel after 2 stops. I also think I used the same set of tyres the whole race despite changing them in the stops, and had a few more crashes along the way (luckily didn't take anyone out).

So somehow in all of my confusion, I still managed to finish the race, but I'm still not really sure what happened :eek:
  6. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Enjoyed the driving last night and settled into a good rhythm although really a lonely race. I find some parts of ACC are just really annoying. The start of the race the track looked saturated so i went wets but once you get to track it shows it drying in 3 min but no chance to change tyres. Pretty much by the end of the kemmel straight my tyres were 35deg or so. Had to pit and went a lap down.

That dam 3min weather forecast & trying to calculate fuel needed whilst driving as they don't just tell you the amount you need to finish aghh.
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
    tezpez85 likes this.
  7. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Well done to all that finished last night! Starting to really get a but annoyed at the constant crashing... wound back the OC on the GFX card and will see what happens... annoying that I have absolutely no issues in AC... but I suspect it's all got to do with the UE4 Engine...
  8. andyo450

andyo450 Team Driver Super ROOZ

Does anyone know if ACC uses AVX instructions? They might be the culprit @Rolz.
  9. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Rookie

I have a feeling it does. Back when I had an 8086k testing OC I recall the clock reducing if I set a negative AVX offset.
  10. Rolz

Cheers fellas, but pretty sure it's a video card issue... always basically getting this error
    "Unreal Engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost. (Error: 0x887A0006 - 'HUNG')"
    Will see how the clocking down goes...
  11. marty

marty AC Server Legend

That seems like a gpu OC crash to me. AC wont push your gpu too hard I assume even maxed in VR it will hit 90fps fairly easy so your OC isnt really being stressed. In ACC your going to get much more gpu utilization and so it will test your OC and UE4 is a better stress test then AC is.

For the next 2 fun runs I am thinking Monday is 90 minutes at Zolder and maybe we can run the same track Thursdays to give people some time to practice. Unfortunatly the next couple of months I will likepy not be able to make most Thursdays but can get servers setup by 7PM as I have tennis on those nights. Any night we get a washout I will race but others if @Rolz wants to admin these it would be good. If not then anyone else that wants to put thier hand up to help with the ingame admin duties for Thursdays especially this will be a good help.

Other option is if we were to move Thursday to Wednesdays I can keep running these as Iam free most Wednesday nights.
    SteveDrivingSlowly and tezpez85 like this.
  12. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

I would also like a Wednesday night as I'd also like to do Thursday night tennis at the local club strangely enough.

Is there a more detailed weather forecast in ACC apart from the 1 and 3 minute warnings? I like @jason started on wets and had to come in a few laps later when they were as hot as the sun.
  13. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Not yet more detailed weather forecast, you can see how heavy the rain is by how many drops are in the cloud graphic. 1 line is light 2 lines medium 3 lines heavy and a thunderstorm Icon means its going to piss down.

When time is accelerated however its even more of a guess in ACC atm. It may get heavier and it may not, last night with light rain forecast I just raised slick pressures as taking the punt on wets for a long stint if its not too wet is a pretty big risk.

Hope this gets improved along with general UI and ingame info soon. The next few Mondays I will try slower time scale or even just real time. This will mean even light rain may get too wet with weather sectors over 15 minutes not the 1 and 3 minutes we had at 10x time.

Regarding Wednesedays if there is enough interest I can run Wednesday nights, if most still want Thursdays then as long as someone can admin these then we can keep that.
    tezpez85 likes this.
  14. Rolz

yeah dropping the OC on the GFX card has helped... good racingf an no crash, though there was a point wehre it looked like it would bomb out, but it recovered... so dropped the OC another click and didn't have it happen again... will keep an eye on it.

No worries on Thurday admin... I'm not fully settled in the new place so returning to normal admin duties is no dramas :)
    SteveDrivingSlowly and marty like this.
  15. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

Wednesdays would work fine for me :)
  16. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Both Wednesday and Thursday is fine for me, happy to go with whatever suits people more
  17. c4rLo5

c4rLo5 Team Driver Gold Member

Yeah ACC has been unplayable for me since release. Ironically never had an issue all throughout beta. Shame coz I really want to like this game but can't get enough seat time without UE4 crashing.
  18. Wally

Wally Team Driver

The 10x time acceleration also accelerates the weather, so the forecasts get compressed too. It's not ideal.
  19. Rolz

Been interesting reading on what Minolin is doing on his experimental server and track dynamics due to weather conditions... see if it’s ready for 1.0.7
  20. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Where is that on the forum can you post the link?