DIVISION 1 - SEASON 8

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jul 16, 2019.

1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Some great racing tonight guys.... awesome to see how close the lap times are throughout the field... I think between 5th and 12th there was only .5 of a second.

my night, Qualied 10th after messing up my fastest lap. Even if i ran a PB, was still only on for 5th at best, probably 7th based on my split.... Anyway, made the race interesting..

Got a reasonable start, even if i lost a spot, so back to 11th... Then at turn 4 i hung well to the right and watched ant and Juzzy come together, and checked up a few cars with it, so had a clear run and was up to 6th i think.... I slotted in behind team mates stozz and Blue before they bad a moment and went left at Copse, so up to 5th, and then settled in and managed to keep the gap to those behind..... When the front runners pitted i was 2nd, and then went in for my own stop on lap 10.... i came out behind TB and Blue, and managed to have a good 1 lap battle with TB, before i got past, and then was keen on settling back into 5th with a gap of about 2 seconds back to TB after Blue pitted.... I had Stozz ahead still, but then came my brainfart moment.... had an itchy leg, and at the exit of Beckets, i thought would have a bit of a scratch ..... When i looked back up at the track i was headed straight at the bridge down hanger straight, tried to correct it, but managed to run into the wall, stall and watch 4 cars drive past ...... :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
    Back to 10th, and 6 seconds behind the pack of 6-9th ...... spewing ..... worst of all was my brother up in 9th and about to give me :):):):) forthe next week..... bugger me he binned it on the last lap and gifted me 9th, 1 up from where i qualied......

Well done to the podium, great pace guys..... On to the long sweeping Spa for round 3... hopefully its as good a race as the first 2.

Stu
    AOCleaner74, Anthonyb and beakeroo like this.
  2. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    bummed i missed this, was looking good for some cracking mid pack battles
    Anthonyb and TheJuzzy like this.
  3. TheJuzzy

TheJuzzy Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    TheJuzzy
    Morning all ,
    Think I qualified 8th, last qualiy lap got me there , got a brilliant start and got to 6th before backing off then got a tap while turning to turn 4 ( part my fault there ) had a spin then back into it from 12th , did my pit stop next lap then head down .
    Had an awesome battle with Kart for 5 or so laps, he made a little mistake and I got by .
    Then TB was next for the rest of the race , sector 1 he waz fast , sector 3 I'd be on him .
    This went on for the rest of the race with us crossing the line 5th and 6th side by side.
    Was a pretty good recovery.
  4. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    I guess I should be really happy with another podium getting third, just not happy with the little mistakes I made that cost me any chance of the win.
    Up to last night I just could not get my qualifying lap anywhere near the quickest, but for some reason I pulled something out of a## and nabbed pole with a 57.3!
    Got a clean getaway and led for the first couple of laps, but the pressure from Aykay forced me into a few small mistakes so I came and pitted on lap 6 and had about a 3 sec gap to Waffles.
    After another few little mistakes Waffles was right on me and then we battled until about 3 laps to go until ANOTHER mistake which gifted him my position.....
    On the last lap I was heading to get fastest lap but lost a little bit of time on the last corner to equal my pb...
    Well done Aykay for the win and Waffles for 2nd. Good to see a fairly full grid. Unfortunately I will be missing this weeks race which happens to be my fav track!
    Good luck guys
    TheJuzzy and Anthonyb like this.
  5. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Q9 R10
    You could throw a small blanket over most of the field after qualifying so that is good to see.
    Got a good start and the pack was tight into t2 and 3. Was 1/4 the way up the inside of @TheJuzzy and didn't get it stopped enough (really sorry mate) turned him around and blocked the track. Waited for Juzzy and continued in last.
    Head down and go pitted end of lap 2 came out behind Juzzy. We where putting in some good consistent laps and the field slowly came back to us with mistakes and pit stops.
    Had a good time trying to stick with Juzzy and the few small battles I had on the way around with @Kart-No-1 @b_j_hooligan @Matsbox and a few others some good side by side racing.
    Only other mistake was on the last lap last corner letting stupid sorry I meant @stucar17 past and slipped to 10th
    Well done podium good race.
    Again the fastest lap times where ridiculously close.
    See you on track.
    Ant
    TheJuzzy and AOCleaner74 like this.
  6. Anthonyb

7. TheJuzzy

PSN ID
    TheJuzzy
    I didn't realize that was you chasing me Ant , and don't stress about the tap , it's all good.
    Anthonyb likes this.
  8. Anthonyb

Yeah chased you for quite a while just couldn't get close enough to put some pressure on you
    TheJuzzy likes this.
  9. TheJuzzy

PSN ID
    TheJuzzy
    Silverstone, first lap .
  10. Aykay

Aykay Rookie

Q3 R1
    Practice last Sunday after the race I said I hated Silverstone. Something clicked during midweek practice and my times came down along with consistency. Threw away .200 in quali went back out for another lap but couldnt improve on 3rd for the start. Tucked in behind waffles for the first lap until he spun leaving me to chase down AO. Was surprised by his early pace but started to pressure from about lap 3 and after a few mistakes he pitted a shortly after.

Ran my own race from there as I didnt want to pit and come back out into an angry pack. Also wanted to give AO and Waffles every chance to fall over each other. I pitted on lap 20 and was terrified of spinning so backed off and watched waffles close in.

Happy to take my first W in the big leagues!
    stucar17, TheJuzzy, Anthonyb and 5 others like this.
  11. Anthonyb

Well done mate to be on a controller and that quick blows my mind.:alien:
    Aykay and TheJuzzy like this.
  12. TheJuzzy

PSN ID
    TheJuzzy
    And so smooth, on the replay you can't tell he's on the controller.
    Anthonyb and Aykay like this.
  13. Aykay

Aykay Rookie

Cheers. Currently accepting sponsorship offers :)
    Anthonyb and TheJuzzy like this.
  14. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
  15. Anthonyb

Sorry people won't be able to make this weekend's race (so your safe Juzzy) daughter Will be on Australia's got Talent Sunday night.
  16. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    Perfoming?
    TheJuzzy likes this.
  17. Anthonyb

Yes in akrobatika (acrobatics) dance troop. From a dance school on tge central coast.
    t_b_williams, Bounty05 and TheJuzzy like this.
  18. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    TheJuzzy likes this.
  19. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Another week, another cracking race ....
    aykay , Juzzy and stozz good job on the podium....

I qualied 4th i think, screwed my 'fast' lap with a half spin but then looking at the times would have only bumped me up to 3rd.
    Got a solid start and settled in till i had a half spin at the exit of Les Combes .... Back to 7th i think.....
    Had a battle with TB for a few laps, till i ballsed up the bus stop and nearly took him out... sorry mate....

Pitted lap 10, and came out in about 9th i think with afew behind het to pit, and a couple in front having spins letting me past

On about lap 13 i did something like this ....

Spewing because at that stage i was up to 5th, with 2 in front yet to pit about 15 sec up the road....
    Watched a big pack go past as i recovered, and managed to chase down Kart over the last few laps and got him on the last lap i think it was for 7th, with Waffles about 6 sec up the road with a 10 sec penalty..... Also nearly took kart out at the bus stop as well .... sorry mate, when i knew i was way to late, i got back on the gas to drive through the corner and let you go...

On to the sprint round at Brno.... From the little prac we did last night should be a cracking round of close racing...
    Anthonyb, TheJuzzy and PaulCox like this.
  20. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Arrrrggghhhh. What could have been. Don't have the pace this season, so was absolutely wrapped after qualifying 10th to see myself sitting in a podium position after leaving my stop as long as possible as to not come out into a battle. Had a somewhat comfortable gap back to stozza when I came out with two laps to go, but ballsed it up at the chicane after pouhon. All in all, still happy with 5th in this company.
    Anthonyb and stucar17 like this.