GT-Sport Gran Turismo Sport - General

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by JonoStan96, May 20, 2016.

1. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    @Bryan_F and @JonoStan96 well done on the podium finish in the Nations Red Bull X2019 race. My race was actually relatively clean surprisingly!
    Manufacturers race was BORING! (extreme fuel saving)
    emmo46, Matthyus, T F Eccles and 3 others like this.
  2. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    That race was fun, would have liked to have had a bit more practice at it though, I killed my tyres early on thinking it was a maximum attack race. Can’t say I’m a fan of the X2019 at very low speed, but once the downforce builds up and the V12 is singing loud and proud. it’s wonderful.

Manu meanwhile was an interesting one, I feel like I’ve finally unlocked the speed to challenge the best of the best in Gr.3 but I keep making stupid mistakes. However having being robbed of a massive score at Le Mans and me throwing away a potential 2nd at Dragon Trail (I did not know how to fuel save properly), after 2 shockers earlier on, this felt good.
    UrsineSaturn9, Noxrai and VARDZ like this.
  3. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    I ended up doing manu twice. In the first attempt (the 8:00 race) on the last lap I was on track for 3rd because the guy in front clipped the wall out of turn 3 and compromised his exit speed. As I came along side to overtake to claim 3rd he knocked me into the wall (there was plenty of room) I spun out and ended up back in 7th by the time I recovered. I got one back to 6th but that was it. Scored about 130 points. Some justice in that he got a significant penalty and dropped back to 5th. He also :):):):)ed off out of the lobby pretty quick too.

In the 10 o'clock race I was up to second when I just rubbed the wall enough on the exit of the fast right hander after the downhill section to spin me round and ended up 5th. But a much better point haul so happier with that.

I sometime wonder at the physics in this game when slight wall rubs or say maybe 50mm of tyre on the verge overrides the cars forward momentum and causes it to spin, especially when your not applying power. Maybe I should?
    UrsineSaturn9 likes this.
  4. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Just one attempt for me at 10pm (as usual). Qualy destroyed by someone parking up on the apex of turn 1 for my final flyer (maybe they'd run out of fuel?) starting P13. Was P13 at pit stop stage, got to P6 with my (boring) non stop strategy and managed to hold 8th by the end. I got handed a 3 second penalty to for a love tap to another driver. The Nations race was heaps of fun though (P11).
  5. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Head to head with one of the current GT Manufacturers World Champions, a great result to boot!
    Tristan Jones likes this.
  6. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Next season’s Throwback car is sorted @Hatfield ;)

7. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    that was such a good car, but I had such a horrid season in it lol
  8. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
  9. Noxrai

Noxrai Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    Can't wait to try it out.
  10. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Me too, so many races I had a chance of a good result and I dropped it in the sand.
  11. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    There's a new feature in the lobbies - practice, qualifying, race. Looks like you can set a qualifying period, then when done it goes into race mode, similar to the FIA events. Might be worth a look.
    Buster_Danis and Noxrai like this.
  12. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Can confirm it works seemlessly, and you can set a cool down system to give people enough time to set their last lap. However you can’t exit the track to make an adjustment as it wont let you back in.

Keep in mind though once the cool off period is finished the race will start. I’d set this to roughly 2 and a half minutes so in case someone needs a quick bathroom break they have time to whilst someone parks up before crossing the line. It also displays people’s qualifying times, something @Matthyus would find useful I’m sure.
  13. Noxrai

Noxrai Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    Woohoo! Been waiting for this for so long. I love seeing how close all the qualifying battles were.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  14. ssman244

ssman244 Team Driver

PSN ID
    ssman15
    Now my rig is set up and I finally have decent internet for online racing, I might actually try out ‘Sport’ mode. Any idea on what races to focus on and how to get the ratings up?? I’d love to get up there and race with some of the best
    Noxrai likes this.
  15. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    The Nations Cup and Manufacturer’s series races on Wednesday and Saturday nights are the fastest ways of leveling up, daily races are still full of crazy Japanese Kamikazes. You could still give them a go, just spend 20
    mins or so putting in a really fast qualifying time and avoid getting smashed at Turn 1.

For Manufacturers Series, Toyota, Lexus, Jaguar and Mercedes are the clear 4 best cars to go with in terms of all round speed. The clips I’ve got above are from the top split, and it’s some of the best racing you can get on the game.
    ssman244 and Noxrai like this.
  16. ssman244

ssman244 Team Driver

PSN ID
    ssman15
    I was just looking through the races (maybe a bit of golf too...) absolutely great stuff. I’ll look to start grinding it a bit
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  17. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    don't look too far in to the golf if you haven't got a sense of humour :whistling::whistling:
    CaptainRisky21 and ssman244 like this.
  18. ssman244

ssman244 Team Driver

PSN ID
    ssman15
    Oh it’s quality alright, needs more pingas though... :alien:
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  19. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    hahahahah
  20. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Level up your sportsmanship rating to S first by avoiding any battles. Then focus on DR
    ssman244 likes this.