ACC ACC fun Run Monday's

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by marty, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

SteveDrivingSlowly, nanlatt and marty like this.
  2. marty

marty AC Server Legend

loSvelto likes this.
  3. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I think the defaults are very much base as aggressive and safe are the same as far as I could tell and neither is great. I will give yours a try and see how it goes, will post an updated setup if I find any improvements in it.
    Mat Nipperess and Rolz like this.
  4. nanlatt

nanlatt ACC Server Legend Gold Member

Thanks Rolz. I'll give it a go.
  5. marty

marty AC Server Legend

@Rolz I tried your setup last night, pressures seemed rather odd were lower on right side even though thats the less loaded side. I made a few adjustments but not exactly sure about then yet so need to try some more things.

Its a fun car but needs some self control, drive it a bit too agressive then you lose the tyres fairly quick it seems. Needing to just hang on, there was a server update posted overnight so I will test that, suppposed to be a fix for the higher temps and improved timing.
  6. Rolz

yeah tires needed some personal adjustment... was changing them when i say the track temp and not really saving that...
  7. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

Will try this set up out tonight.

Honestly I love driving this car, it is a real challenge to get around the track and I think a great lesson for noobs like me in how to manage the inertia of the car, how to maintain momentum through corners, manage throttle inputs carefully, feel the edge of the grip limit and so forth. I went back to the the BMW I have been focused on and was a second quicker after driving this thing. The BMW is the exact opposite of this car - very stable, understeery, hates changing direction. Just feeling those extreme differences has taught me a lot.

The Porsche is very fun and exciting to drive, sounds great too and the idea of putting us all in the same challenging car is very appealing to me, making it even more about the individual skill driving and setting the car up than usual. Also it looks great in pink and blue.
    Rolz, marty and nanlatt like this.
  8. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Found this onboard 911 cup guide, its from 2017 so a little older track and car possibly but seems pretty close on line and gearing per corner as I used. Only thing I was doing different was taking the last fast right in 3rd here he stayed in 4th which I will try next time.

Definatly a good car to get you out of some bad habits of abusing TC. :D
    KoAStR, Rolz and loSvelto like this.
  9. loSvelto

loSvelto New Recruit

Now this is cool. My steering inputs look so similar to the driver in the video! The way the car reacts to bumps, the understeery corners, steering angles, braking points.. so bad I am at work and can't check the sounds.
    I used to think the AC rendition of the 911 was stellar but this time Kunos have nailed it, impressive.
    If we strip ACC of the "game" aspects such as career and the like (and honestly a half dozen of graphics and MP bugs) what is left is pure simulation.

@marty , I go 3rd gear when I mess up the entry or the previous corner and need to slow down a bit. The torque at higher RPM also seem to make it more stable. I feel safe to say 4th gear makes it less stable but nevertheless faster
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
    marty and KoAStR like this.
  10. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Great find. It's great that a RL video is so translatable in ACC. This car has Engine Map 0, anyone know if it does anything different to 1 or is it a bug?
  11. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Monday was prety interesting for me, thought I should have good outright pace but didn’t get it together with getting use to the car after 1.07 changes and setup was a bit too on edge then I’d like. In quali I didn’t have too much confidence to push so ended up 7th. Then a few laps in managed to bin it lifting of following @marty closely, annoying there as I thought that would be a fun battle. That put me at the back of the field but a long race always gives opportunities. Closing back up was fun if not a little frustrating sometimes and very happy to finish at least where I started.

As far as the two incidents with @Wally I felt like I was side by side and even at the apex first for the second one if not the first as well, unfortunate but oh well, no point dwelling on it, no replay sadly and I could be wrong.

Good to see a decent field and the overall spread of times wasn’t bad.
    Will miss Thursday as off to Brisbane unexpectedly for a few days. Is the Porsche cup running Monday as well or Thursday only?
    loSvelto likes this.
  12. Rolz

Monday too...
    Godzilla likes this.
  13. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Awesome.
    Then there’s always super trofeo cup as well :)
    loSvelto and Rolz like this.
  14. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Ive updated the server build to 1.0.7 beta 2, meant to fix timing issues and the constantly hot temperatures in servers with last build. If anyone has any issues in it let us know here as there were reports of higher server cpu usage. I will jump on in a bit to give it a test, will also see if any undocumented inclusions got included regarding forcing cars for people.
    SteveDrivingSlowly and Rolz like this.
  15. marty

marty AC Server Legend

The experimental server didnt last long was getting 100% cpu with just 2 in so reverted back to original. Hopefully I will be around tomorrow night assuming the weather man has the 95% chance of a big winter storm here.

If I am around then I will leave the server entry as is and just message anyone in wrong cars and kick them if they dont choose to switch to 911 cup.

I did run a few laps and in the end probably went back closer to defaults then @Rolz setup. Tyre management is fairly important even in a 20 minute race if you push a bit harder they go away a bit quicker, lower pressures seem better then high. Aiming for around 27 hot with rears maybe a touch lower then fronts to get a bit more traction.

Setup is nothing special but works ok for mid 1:46's with a bit of rubber down. Race pace around the same but going a bit slower avoiding too much rear sliding will keep the rears alive a bit longer. ;)
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/tvuxh9kabsl0r5d/Marty_dry_24_24.rar/file
    krunch and Rolz like this.
  16. nanlatt

nanlatt ACC Server Legend Gold Member

Tried your setup @marty and managed to finish a whole 20 minute practice race with out spinning or putting it into the wall. Wasn't without it's moments but seemed easier to catch. I just ran with a full tank and spent most of the 20 minutes in the 48's, which for me is pretty good.

Thanks for sharing mate.:)
    marty likes this.
  17. Wally

Wally Team Driver

Are we doing Nurburgring on Monday or Hungaroring? The server's currently on Hungaroring.
  18. loSvelto

loSvelto New Recruit

oh nooo can't join : (
    is there a password set? or am I just too late
  19. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Sorry will need to check, i wasnt able to make tonight. Best to jump on discord pre race if you have issues but it may have ended up passworded as @Rolz was also likely unable to race tonight so we may have been adminless. :eek:
  20. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Was thinking the same for both Thursday and Monday to give people a practice run if they can make both. So Hungaroring again Monday, hopefully there werent any major issues tonight.
    Wally likes this.