ACC ACC fun Run Monday's

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by marty, Jun 25, 2019.

1. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Results from tonight
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    andyo450, tezpez85, krunch and 4 others like this.
  2. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

Thanks Marty.

And thanks to all for great races! We’ve all said it but that car is such a challenge - and for me the most enjoyable racing I’ve had. My face was as sore as my shoulders after from grinning the whole time. Had great fun chasing and getting close, then catching a slide and dropping back to have another go...and moreso being caught and overtaken and then taking advantage of someone else having a moment to grab a place back. Second race had long chases with Nando and Neil who were both much quicker, and thankfully no contact (don’t count walls) all clean passes as we traded back and forth a little before they inevitably pulled away.

Great stuff and congrats to Andy and Terry on awesome drives for the wins.
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
    tezpez85, krunch, nanlatt and 2 others like this.
  3. Frostwa

Frostwa Rookie

Yeah was fun last night, unfortunately taken out both races so it wasn't hanging out at the front of the pack fun but the chase in the first race was both exhilarating and exhausting, some damage from the hit in the 2nd race so didn't have the pace and kept spinning, thanks to all anyway for a good night!
    Few Questions:
    1. Why is the racing always at a very dark time? I think the race started at 6pm and that is the level of light we saw for the whole race. In the Practice and some qual sessions i'm sure it had something to do with the clouds and rain but don't think I've had a sunny day race yet with nice lighting. Is it a game issue where the randomness seems to default to a certain setup or weather pattern?
    2. Why do we have such short periods in between sessions? The was 1.5mins between races for example. Barely enough time to have slurp of liquid through the rift and make a setup change and then catch my breath from the first race :)
    krunch likes this.
  4. marty

marty AC Server Legend

This race "weekend time" scale was 1x so it was not going to change much from what it started, each session was meant to be starting at quite different times of day.
    Practice 8am Friday
    Q1 2pm Friday
    Q2 11am Saturday
    R1 6pm Saturday
    R2 7am Sunday
    Randomness was set to 1 which is the min level, cloud level was 50% rain 30% though not sure how much any of this or even the server temps of 17ambient and 22 track are taken into account in current server builds.

We could have ran a race mid day but as we generally had faster time scales these start times were ok. Rain seemed very common no matter the setting for the server over the last week which is why I tried to lower the settings a fair bit but it really makes no difference atm.

Most requested feature in AC was night and rain so there it is. :p But ideally dynamic will also have more sunny days but there have been multiple server builds released the last few days adressing weather etc. However all of them are having issues with server CPU load so we had to stick to the last build that still runs ok.
    Frostwa, tezpez85, krunch and 3 others like this.
  5. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

@marty just FYI the grid for the 2nd race was wrong, and I'm pretty sure it was a repeat (in terms of weather and time) of the first race. From what I remember we finished in almost darkness (can anyone confirm that? Could just have rusty memory :oops:)
  6. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

I read there is a bug if u set Q, Q, R, R that R2 grabs Q1 results... will try to find it.
  7. marty

marty AC Server Legend

In thay server build it seemed dark at any time of day with any cloud cover. Also rave 1 started 6 so would have finished 6.30pm which may have been dark at that track. Then next race starting next day at 7am means it may have been just before sunset but maybe gone into sunrise or just stayed dark. :oops:

Weather wise looks like both qualy sessions were wet going by lap times amd races seemed near identical too.

@Rolz did update server today to 1.08 test build which has no cpu issues. The weather should be working a bit differently in this build but I didnt have a chance to test but will do tomorrow.

Grid wise we can test this build tomorrow too if a few are on we can load up a qqrr session. This format for a server was never officialy supported.and may also have been broken in v1.07 server builds.
    krunch likes this.
  8. marty

marty AC Server Legend

SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  9. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Seems these cars can do the race distance on fuel, we cant enforce if people stop or not but I think a gentelmens agreement of all stopping to change tyres at least will keep the racing closer. As far as I know there are no sheepstations being handed out post race and trying to keep it fair for all is best. ;)
  10. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Rookie

ahhh you gave my strategy away ;) No more slow boring tyre conserving race for me
    marty likes this.
  11. Rolz

Really? I calculated 150 odd litres for 90min
    strange I'm so far off
  12. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Its about 1L per minute with a 100L tank and 90 minute race. ;)
  13. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Rookie

The est 2.9 litres per lap in the pit menu is way off, actual burn is ~1 litre per min
  14. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Fun cars, shame I missed the Thursday race then got taken out very early in the race with massive damage. :(

Managed to get out of the way of a big t1 dive same as @andyo450 put me a bit back early. Then nothing I could do as I was slammed into the wall hard.

Nothing against anyone here, I was just in the wrong place as the other car lost control. Was just a bit frustrated not getting in any real race laps in this car. Would have been an intereting race start if it stayed wet. :p

@Rolz can decide the combo for the coming Thursday as I likely wont make that race either, Monday will be a longer version of whatever is raced Thursday.
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
  15. Rolz

couldn't get tonight right... sorry if I cut u off Beller... just didn't check helicorsa...
    I think FFB was stronger in the cup car as I was struggling with it tonight...whacked me on the thumb good and is still a bit numb and tingly...
  16. marty

marty AC Server Legend

17. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

Hugely awesome fun race and very sad for those who got wiped out or crashed out - really great fun car and great racing.

I had a fantastic first hour climbing to and holding 4th and actually slowly catching 3rd - surprised myself by not be so far off the pace as usual. Then I pitted, came out set my fastest lap and as the track cooled off and rain blew in I lost all grip on the rear end and the car started to feel extremely strange. Lost it and gently found the wall which was enough to make the car almost undriveable and so had to pit for repairs. Came out in 7th and managed to get to the line last of the finishers...

Congrats Andy, Captain and Terry on the podium spots - great driving!
  18. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Rookie

Good race all, fun little s@#* of a car, changing weather was good for the odd powerslide.

Bad luck to the non finishers, would be good to race these again at some stage.

Congrats to @andyo450 & @tezpez85 for the win & 3rd.
  19. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

Ah, that sucks @marty, I only saw the aftermath in front of me as I was fiddling with dials - looked bad.

Congrats to @andyo450 and @Captain Barracuda - incredible pace from Andy :thumbsup:.

I remember when we did the AC season of the 911's, the setup really had a sweet spot somewhere and either side of that it didn't work very well. Will keep tinkering to see if there's anything I can do to reel in a 2 second deficit in terms of Fastest Lap. Also @SteveDrivingSlowly, I understand what you mean with how it felt 'off' once the rain came down. Got super twitchy.
    andyo450 and SteveDrivingSlowly like this.
  20. Wally

Wally Team Driver

I saw 2 little rain icons at the start of the race, so left wet tyres on and my slightly altered wet setup. Then lo and behold the race was dry at the start and my tyres were boiling off the rims after 1 lap. I hastily pitted and guestimated some dry pressures, which ended up being too low for the rest of the 90 mins on one dry set. The wear wasn't too bad by the end of the race, only about 2.4. My only vague hope was to make the early stop for drys be my 1 tyre change, and try to make some ground up when others pitted. Finishing 6th was not too bad, all things considering and making the distance