DIVISION 4 - SEASON 8

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Gavatron

Gavatron Rookie

PSN ID
    azzahw
    Started in 2nd and got into drama in turn 1 getting to the back of the field, was pushing hard and then got collected by someone having a moment. Continued to press and was able to make some good ground. The two leaders must of had a moment with about 5 to go and I was able to catch them. Those last 4 laps were epic between the three of us, and eventually finishing with a 2nd.
    Dazza, stucar17 and Anthonyb like this.
  2. AdgeR502

AdgeR502 Rookie

I had a rough night as well. Qualified 3rd and was taken out in the first corner so was at the back after turn one had a couple more spins throughout the race and another collision ended up 6th. Anybody got a reply of the start to show what happened?
  3. Gavatron

Gavatron Rookie

PSN ID
    azzahw
    Hey Adge,

I found a good view from Kaakados stream -

I turned in and didn’t see Arnold next to me and bounced off and collected you, really sorry about that! Had a great dual with you and a couple of others around lap 8.
    Dazza likes this.
  4. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
  5. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Hey guys... i see that fluffy hasnt shown up for the first 2 rounds...
    @PaulCox is back in business and now has his NBN connected, is there room for him to join ??

Thanks stu
    PaulCox likes this.
  6. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
  7. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    Thanks guys for making the first race back very enjoyable. 6th place is my best ever just gota stop making tiny mistakes. Struggled after pitting at lap 10 I think. Came out with cold front Tyers and struggled to keep heat in them for the rest of the race. Not sure how long would have taken to put the softs on but may be an option next time as I definitely was slower in the second half.Couldn’t get my high 17 in qualifying after doing them all day for some reason I’ll put down to nerves...looking forward to this week,if you see me on and want to practice hit me up.
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
    Dazza, stucar17 and Anthonyb like this.
  8. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
  9. Ford69xw

Ford69xw Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    metalsteel
    Sorry for the lateness guys. Cannot make it tonight as im looking after my 2 children. All the best with racing tonight. See you all next week!
  10. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    Had a awsome time last nite guys thanks heeps. Wasn’t the fastest on track in qualifying at 5th. Dropped a few spots off the start which I seem to be very slow at. But kept it consistent and managed 2nd WOO HOO...my first podium. Second race started awesome managing to get to 7th behind Colin on the first lap..had a good 4 laps on his bum (great defender) before getting a great exit and pulling along side down a straight. Unfortunately we came together and dropped back to 2nd and 3rd last..but not to worry more consistently over the other 9 laps got up up to a very happy 4th passing 3 people on the final lap because of errors...glad I kept pushing.

Seems something has clicked this season back and I’m looking for a win a Fuji.....see yas then
    Rebort, Anthonyb and Dazza like this.
  11. Rebort

Rebort Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Rebort79
    Yeah, I really like the sprint races as I get to feel what it is like leading or at the pointy end of the field - in race 2.

Finished 9th in the first race and got a good start in the second and was second for a few laps behind first place who I got a better run out of a corner and over took him but then struggled with a couple of corners and spun and fell back and back and back. Good fight towards the end with Colin and pipped him on the last corner for 10th place (i think it was).
  12. Dazza

Dazza Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    xxsparkygodxx
    After a very eventful 2 sprint rounds last night it was really good to see everyone finishing on the lead lap
    stucar17, Anthonyb and PaulCox like this.
  13. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    How’s everyone’s practice going, looking forward to Sunday big time....from how practice races are going with a few of the boys it’s gona be a cracker of a race
    stucar17 likes this.
  14. Rebort

Rebort Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Rebort79
    Not a fan of wet races so haven't put in any practice.
  15. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    That’s when you should be putting in some practice..race is only wet for 6-7 laps..still get 21 in the dry
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
    stucar17 likes this.
  16. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Surprisingly the grip is good in the wet just need a little bit of prac to settle in
    PaulCox likes this.
  17. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    After lots and lots of practice this race didn’t go how I would have liked. After getting caught up behind someone in Quali who kept running wide then rejoining straight back on the racing line multiple times I ended up qualifying in 4th. Congrats to Arnold for a good Time which gave him pole. Start of the race was nice and clean and I picked up a spot chasing down Arnold and Adge. Was right on there tail coming down to the back hairpin/chicane when I got a ram up the back side putting me back to last. Within a lap I got my self back to 6th but was already 20 something seconds behind the lead pack. Pushing to hard to try and catch up wasn’t helping ,spinning once and overshooting my breaking point twice on the main straight. Kept it consistent to the end and ended up with a 5th because of a disconnect . But hey..that’s racing and it doesn’t always go your way. Pumped for next week and hope to be able to give adge and Arnold a run for there money. Again congrats to those two and kakadoo for a well deserved 3rd....catch ya all during the week.
    Anthonyb, stucar17 and Dazza like this.
  18. Dazza

Dazza Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    xxsparkygodxx
    Hi Coxy,
    I am sorry about the last hairpin/chicane that was me, someone hit me and we both went around.
    and the disconnection was me, after Kaakado2 having a good battle for second.
    it was a good race very clean and very wet at the starting couple of laps
    Anthonyb and PaulCox like this.
  19. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    All good champ.
    Dazza likes this.
  20. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773