Cockpit 3D Printing Sim accessories :)

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Systems & Troubleshooting' started by Rolz, Aug 2, 2019.

1. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

I bought an Aldi 3D printer over a year ago, but had no place at my old place to install it, but now in my new place I do I've decided to print a few sim-racing essentials...
    Saw someone made a Fanatec wheel wall mount so I printed that out
    [​IMG]

Then needed some help keeping my VR/Headphone cables in check as they were sliding off my shoulder when I was racing... you can see the Wheel mount doing it's job as well...
    [​IMG]

Next mission is a new keyboard mount as the current one thumps against the wall when I'm racing and this annoys the wife a bit... will share when I've completed that...

Anyone else here gone 3D printing crazy with it? Would be good to share some ideas :)
    Ozglenn, Noxrai, Cyberstig1 and 6 others like this.
  2. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

Hey mate, I think I have the same printer! Cocoon Create??? I have been building stuff for robotics etc...I have thoughts about button boxes and whatnot that I'd like to make in the future.

What CAD software are you using? I'm into fusion360.

Very cool to see this here!
    Rolz and beakeroo like this.
  3. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

yeah thats the one! so far only been finding stuff online to print so far... found a cool 8020 keyboard mount, but didn't have space on the right to attach to the right so I just jumped onto https://www.tinkercad.com to try whipping up a connection for the printed part and my wall... turned out pretty good! quite happy with it :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  4. SteveDrivingSlowly

Hell yes dude, that is brilliant!
    beakeroo likes this.
  5. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    Hey guys, I've never looked into the price of 3d printing or the complications if it so feel free to ignore me but could I get one of you to print this for me? Happy to pay any costs.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3553213
  6. SteveDrivingSlowly

sure mate will have a crack at it tomorrow. I only have PLA filament so not sure if it will be as strong as PETG which the guy on thingiverse used - but the filament will be like 3 cents so worth a shot!
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2019
    Rolz and beakeroo like this.
  7. Noxrai

Noxrai Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    I can see myself getting a 3d printer at some stage. So many little things I could make myself. It would be quite handy.
    Rolz, SteveDrivingSlowly and beakeroo like this.
  8. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Same, I've wanted one for ages. I just need the space first. I've got a domino effect waiting to happen. I need to build a deck area to clear stuff from the garage that's waiting to go out there which in turn will allow me to buy more stuff! :p
    Rolz and Noxrai like this.
  9. SteveDrivingSlowly

same problem here!
    beakeroo likes this.
  10. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Having just googled it I think PETG is a better material to use because if this snaps off it'll screw my wheel. How about you pm me your address and I'll get some PETG delivered to you?
  11. SteveDrivingSlowly

Hi mate, I have never printed with PETG, which requires higher temps than PLA but I have read it is possible with my printer (cocoon create touch) - although some PETG will require temps that are at the limit or beyond my printer (mine can do 255, PETG needs temps in the range 235-265).

I’d be more than happy to have a crack at it as I’ve wanted to try PETG for a while but may take me some time to get it printing correctly. Will pm you re: filamanet.
  12. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Yeah no problem, sounds like it'll be fun at least experimenting :)
  13. SteveDrivingSlowly

A roll of PETG and a roll of PLAflex turned up this arvo so will be experimenting this weekend!

FYI I checked the files from thingiverse which seem fine - but they are just the clasp part, so I hope that will be ok. Will post some pics as I progress.
    beakeroo likes this.
  14. SteveDrivingSlowly

[​IMG]

OK I have a PLA and a PETG version ready to send - PM your address dude!
    Ozglenn, Rolz, Noxrai and 1 other person like this.
  15. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Will do you legend you!
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.