GT Sport Season 8 Division 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jul 15, 2019.

1. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    The more I practice for this weekends race the more I hate this car and the way it bounces and slithers around this goat track. I can't put two laps together without this thing bouncing off towards the wilderness.
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    hit all the walls in practice, and then hit none in the race... That's what I'm aiming towards anyway
  3. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I've hit most of them at least once.
  4. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    That pretty much describes the laps that I watched @Russell do last night...only he stayed on the track and managed a 7:57
  5. Noxrai

Noxrai Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    Looks like my gremlins are back. Wheel will randomly disconnect. Locking screw must of been a bandaid fix.
    Got a bad feeling I'll have to send my wheel back for repair/replacement grrr.

I'll race sunday night but don't be surprised if i drop out at some point.
  6. Pubs16

Pubs16 Rookie

PSN ID
    UNC_Pubs16
    Not sure if the earlier start is going ahead, but I’ll be there earlier just in case.

Looking forward to it!
  7. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    All the regulars have indicated ok for early start, except for @LITTLEBLACKO942 and @holdenman05.
    If they are ok, then we shall start at 8:10pm AEST.
    emmo46 and X3rx3s44 like this.
  8. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    I’m still happy for early start.
    Apex_64 and Noxrai like this.
  9. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I'm looking forward to tonights race with same apprehension as I would a trip to the proctologist.:eek:
    Matthyus likes this.
  10. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    that excited ay?
    Can't wait for my weekly procto appointment
  11. Noxrai

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    Weekly?
  12. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    ok you got me... twice a week
  13. Noxrai

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    Bloody wheel blinked out on lap 2. So frustrating. I've done all i can to nurse the thing. Had issues straight away once the room was open and I hit the track.
    Decided Turning my force feedback all the way down might help. I was thinking that the bumps and jaring nature of the track probably wasn't helping. It felt weird having almost no feedback.

Thought i could maybe get away with it after no problems through quali (i binned quali though by spinning out a few corners from the mega straight). And I had no issues after the first lap. On lap 2 i just got into the Nords section of the track and bam just like that none of my buttons or shifters would work.
    Sigh.
    That's probably it for my season. There is no way I can continue like this. Not sure how long it will take Fanatec to sort out the issue.

But hey at least it was a fun 1 lap. Was a very hectic first lap. Lots of offs from people in front of me as i was also trying my darndest to stay on the black stuff.
  14. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    That sux. I hope they can sort it quickly for you.
    Noxrai likes this.
  15. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    13th Ozimo_tubby (dsc lap 5) 8:12.119
    14th Noxrai (dsc lap 2) 8:25.811
    [​IMG]
  16. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Qualified a surprising 5th after getting a good clean qually lap. Was up to 4th after turns 1 and 2 but three corners later I had X3rx3 looming in my mirror so let him pass and then settled down to try and stay in the leaders wake. It worked well for most of lap one until little off lost me two places. I made up a place when pubs went off and held 6th for a while. Over the last couple of laps first little mistakes and then major ones had me back to 11th. Capitalized on errors from kangarookisser and bluemoon coming onto the final straight to draft past moon to take an eventual 9th. I enjoyed the parts of the race where I was on the black stuff but off that it is a miserable experience. My last spin was just bonkers.:eek:. I don't enjoy Bathurst either but hopefully I can fare better there next weekend.
    Noxrai, X3rx3s44, Bluemoon and 2 others like this.
  17. Noxrai

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    Looks like everyone had great pace. When my wheel was working, my best I got on Friday afternoon practice was a low 8.09. Clearly a lot of time I'm losing in many places.

Then I look at Keedan, am just dumbstruck with his 7.50. Just insane.

I'm thinking I could try racing with my controller for the rest of the season. Bloody had to be a bathurst enduro didn't it lol. Im not sure though, i might be a moving chicane. I'm quite ordinary with the controller
  18. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    you could run in div 3 as a reserve on controller...
    LennonLegend1993 likes this.
  19. Noxrai

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    Yeah, that could work. I'll have to test it out this week. See if i can go a few laps at Bathurst without crashing. Hard enough on a wheel.
    LennonLegend1993 likes this.
  20. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
    X3rx3s44, emmo46 and Apex_64 like this.