DIVISION 1 - SEASON 8

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Aykay

Aykay Rookie

Q2 R1.
    Might have been able to improve on the last quali lap but my TV went into shutdown mode. Started behind v8 and inherited the lead early after he spun. Stozz tucked in and stayed between .500 and 1 second behind while we pulled away from v8 and waffles. The track condition felt greasier than in prac and it was hard to get a super quick lap in. Stozz made it to my bumper at the start of lap 5 and pressured the whole lap to take the lead in turn 1 lap 6 just to spin after kemmel straight. Waffles was 3 seconds back but I started to pull away and he must have spun.

Spent from about lap 10 worrying about when to pit. I had just setup new pressures but hadn't done a lot of testing. TB was 25 or so seconds back and I wasnt sure if we were racing or if we were the only 2 to not pit yet. Pitted at the end of 16 with TB +21 and Juzzy +40. Came out and drove like a spaz until my temps came back. Once TB pitted I had a decent gap and did my fastest lap on the final time around to get home by about 30 seconds.
    See ya next week.
    TheJuzzy, stucar17 and Anthonyb like this.
  2. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    I'll say, ya totally Blindman'd me.
    stucar17 and Anthonyb like this.
  3. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
  4. Kart-No-1

Kart-No-1 Professional

PSN ID
    Kart-No-1
    Im out this weekend. Wedding anniversary. Which is lucky, cause i hate the track, i suck around here, times are diabolical.
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
  5. Anthonyb

Anthonyb World Champion Gold Member

Can i come and celebrate with you because my times are crap here too.
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
    Aykay likes this.
  6. TheJuzzy

TheJuzzy Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    TheJuzzy
    Well bugger me I picked up a win in the second race , part of it was due to the Moses affect as someone said in the chat and I got through without getting court in the karfuffal.
    Started from 7th , got a gun start, got through the mess then battled with Aky and Stozz and managed to come out on top.
    The first race was a different a fair.
    Started from 9th, managed to get up to 5th, had an epic battle with Stozz again going side by side for lap , then Bluexr8 started putting on the pressure and got me in turn 1 then got a bad run , so I had turn 3 but Blu out braked himself and got sideways and I ended up tapping him off , so I waited for him and redressed and finished 8th ( I think ) in the end .
    Bloody tough track with some good hard racing.
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
  7. AOCleaner74

AOCleaner74 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    AOCleaner74
    Bloody stoked to get the round win. Quali was also a bit of a shock after everyone was telling me what times Slambo, Aykay and Stozz were doing, where's my PB was a 55.7, but in actual qualifying I achieved a 55.3 with about 10 secs to go to narrowly edge out Slambo by less than a 10th!
    Didn't get the best launch so Slambo took the lead, meanwhile I had my hands full with Aykay and Waffles. I think lap 2 Slambo had a bit of a wobble and fell back to 5th which gifted me the lead. Aykay was keeping me in check about 2 secs back, then all of a sudden I seen Slambo was back up to 3rd right on Aykay!
    Not sure what happened but Slambo was in 2nd and just edging closer and closer each lap. I just concentrated on making no mistakes and I took the win by 3/10ths!
    Second race was all a bit of a blur as there were cars going off left right and center, I even had a little spin that put me back to near last again. At one stage I seen Slambo was into 4th, and after a bit of quick arithmetic I calculated he would get the win by a point or two. Thankfully Slambo ran into a bit of trouble and I seen him going slowly as I went past.
    After that it was just safe to bring it home in 5th.
    Well done Juzzy on the win in the 2nd race mate:thumbsup: And congrats to everybody who raced, great having a near full grid of 15 to race against.
  8. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Well done last night AO, some great pace in this car, and keeping the others honest.

There are a couple of protests, so results are still provisional at this stage
    Does anyone have race 2 replay ?

My night i think i qual 6th which looking at the times was not bad.... from there was all a blur.... I know i hit @v8power383 at turn 2/3 when he was sliding across the road... Sorry mate, had nowhere to go..... I think i finished 9th !
    Race 2 i had a spin on turn 1 all of my own doing trying not hit anyone ! So was back to 15th and stone motherless last
    Bugger me, drove through the aftermath of the issues at 2/3 and was up to 12 ! From there watched everyone fall off in front, had a slight issue with Waffles where he had a spin behind me, and after a few laps was able to let him past when he caught me back up.... By the end another team mate fell off, so i finished in 6th, buggered if i know how....

Some good racing, bit disappointing was a few big crashes, but for the most part people redressed where needed....
    Will try to get to the protests tonight and get them sorted asap.
    Stu
    TheJuzzy, Anthonyb and AOCleaner74 like this.
  9. Aykay

Aykay Rookie

Ive got race 2 saved.

Qually was stressful. I was slowing down to give myself a gap in front and someone came barreling past into the last complex. I was scrambling to get a lap in before the tyres went off.

3rd was all I was good for race1. Think the beers kicked in while AO and Slambo showed great pace and I just wasn't as consistent as I had been.

Was up to third in race 2 until I got tapped in the rear and went around into the final left handers. Was going to protest until I saw the replay and it was friendly fire. Thought about rage quitting but toughed it out. Definitely an intense round with a lot happening.

Well done to all.
    TheJuzzy and Anthonyb like this.
  10. Slambobagan

Slambobagan Professional Super ROOZ

Well done AO real good pace In Quali and race 1, I was pushing soo hard to catch you. Once I did you held your lines and made it so hard to pass. Well done. And congrats Juzzy for the 2nd win I had ya in my sights at one point till I found my teammate, sorry aykay was put off going up the hill with nstozza on the inside hit the brakes too late. I did redress for you. and had a little Scrap with TB sorry mate for the first tap waited for ya and then you got me back real Good haha almost ended up on my roof. That pretty much ruined that race but was good fun overall, bring on the next one.
  11. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Yeah sorry bud, the pressure got to me. Car stepped out on me and just couldn't catch it. We were both passengers from that point
    TheJuzzy likes this.
  12. Anthonyb

Qualified with a PB about half a second quicker than I had been around this track.
    Got a reasonable start and tried to stick with the pack slowly slipped down the list with some good battles on the way.
    Second race turned to be crap at turn 2/3 and I ended up next to last then the car seemed to be on ice for about 5 laps. Finally got some grip and pushed on but finished well down the list as I expected.
    Pleased to see the back of this track. Probably won't be at next weeks race.
    Congrats to the podium.
    Catch you on track.
    Ant
    TheJuzzy and AOCleaner74 like this.
  13. Anthonyb

Definitely won't be racing. Going to watch our daughter on her Australia's got Talent journey. Good luck all.
    v8power383, Bounty05 and t_b_williams like this.
  14. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    I won't be racing tonight guys have fun
  15. Aykay

Aykay Rookie

Good racing from what I saw last night gents that was intense.
    Qualified 3rd I think about .5 off my PB but still wouldnt have made a difference as the top 2 were quicker anyway. That set the tone for some aggresive strategy choices I would have to make later.
    The rain portion was as expected pretty frantic. I think I fell back to around 8th and committed to taking my stop as soon as I thought slicks could hang on. While pitting 2 laps earlier than most was the right call I elected for softs as I felt I didnt have the outright pace.
    By the time the pit cycles had completed I came out ~+20seconds to Stoz and Turbo who looked to be locked together. After 3 laps on the softs I realised I was going to struggle to make them last and committed to giving up a second a lap to the chasers. Turbo must have had an off which released Stozz to focus forward and attack. The gap shrank to 7ish seconds and over the last three laps I said goodbye to the rest of my tyres and finished around 12 seconds in front.

Shame about the D/C's it sounds like some other Divs had issues as well. See ya next week.
    Anthonyb likes this.
  16. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    :poop:
    Zero prac, miles off the pace, stick it out only to be DSC 2 laps from home !
    Looked like some great battles though up ahead and some good racing..... Only time i passed anyone was when they were facing the wrong way !!
    On to Hockenheim ......
    Aykay and Anthonyb like this.
  17. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Came home in 3rd after Qual'd in 10th, so not too shabby a result.

I found myself moving forward after the start as others had all sorts of different excursions, I managed to somehow stay on the black stuff while carefully monitoring the track condition. Fended off a few challengers recovering from the back end of the grid. Rain stopped at end of lap 6, but i stayed out till end lap 8, almost going another lap as my pit entry got a little sketchy coming alongside Kart as he got a poor exit from the final turn. He was also entering the pits, I think we avoided contact and he remained ahead and both of us got in without drama. On exit though, I was ahead so he must have been held up by another car entering the lane or something.

Eventually I came up to Stozza and the cracking battle commenced. We sliced through a few guys ahead of us over the next couple laps as they pitted or went off. I got past him several laps later somehow, I cant remember how exactly, and I was able to break a small gap, but he quickly caught back up. Around lap 20 or so, I had a wobble coming out of the penultimate corner and he made a nice move into the final hairpin. I went a bit deeper to give room and was able to get a nice exit and was well within the draft for the main straight, taking the position back (P2 by this point) in T1.

During this time I noticed we were closing in on Aykay, even whilst we were battling. Then a couple laps later, I binned it coming out of T3 (first left) as the rear just let go after I hold told myself to take it a bit easier around there, going a bit slower was my downfall! I thought I was going to loose P3 as well, but and out of control Slambo, who lost it at the same point, collected me as I re-entered the track (but well off the racing line).

So now stozz was 10 seconds in front of me, and I had a hard charging Slambo to deal with instead, but he had a few more little offs here and there and i held on to take the final podium spot. My second in Div 1!

Well done again to Aykay & Stozz, and bad luck to those who got the DQ or DSC.
  18. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    eh.
    off the pace, but had a great battle with stu for quite a while. Went into pit lane at the same time as stu, but must have hit a puddle in pitlane, because as soon as I crossed the cones, the car looped itself around. Got back facing the right way, and got the pitstop over with. Trundled down the lane and as I hit the limiter to get back up to speed, the stupid f*#cking game disquaified me for going the wrong way in pit lane. up yours SMS!!!

Next..........................
    stucar17 and Anthonyb like this.
  19. Anthonyb

That is really crap
  20. TheJuzzy

TheJuzzy Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    TheJuzzy
    My summary will be short and sweet.
    I was going well until I pitted, I had a spin after the line and ended up facing the wrong way, then it went to crap from there with at least 4 spins trying to catch up and started to lose my s__t .
    Oh well, these things happen.
    Aykay and Anthonyb like this.