GT Sport Season 8 Division 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Buster_Danis

Buster_Danis Team Driver

I will have to miss this weekends round as well, as it’s my mother’s 70th birthday bbq that arvo. Me no drink n drive, let alone drink n race!;)
    Matthyus likes this.
  2. LE_bananajosh

LE_bananajosh Team Driver

PSN ID
    GT_bananajosh1
    Say from me happy birthday to your mum
    Hatfield, JonoStan96 and Buster_Danis like this.
  3. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Works for me (one day I'll get a wheel though I hope)
  4. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Bigger number = more active members in ROOZ community = better. Imagine if we had 6 divisions, or more!
    Matthyus, Noxrai and Easyprey007 like this.
  5. Russell

Russell Professional

PSN ID
    BigChopperDog
    I think there was 7 divisions when I first joined rooz
    UrsineSaturn9 and Noxrai like this.
  6. Easyprey007

Easyprey007 Professional

PSN ID
    Easyprey007
    There was I time when we had7
  7. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Well with pcars as well, we have 6-7 (include Assetto corsa if you wish too)
  8. Russell

Russell Professional

PSN ID
    BigChopperDog
    Pcars landed a soild shot to the chin of Gt sport on rooz lol
    Easyprey007 and Noxrai like this.
  9. Noxrai

Noxrai Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    I was partly to blame. I was one of the original drivers in the 1st test series in the Ginetta G40 Junior. Raced in a few after too.
    I left due to life circumstances at the time but was getting quite sick of all the bugs in the game that somehow managed to hit me in almost every race. Wrong Tyre temps, glitching engine audio, invisible wall in the middle of the track that would absolutely destroy you and anyone else near you. Pit entry glitches, pit refuelling and tyre change issues, Grid start issues, rolling start issues. You get the idea.

I came to GT Sport after a good couple years hiatus from driving games in general for it's streamlined racing. Mostly bug free. I just want to have fun racing and not faff about with glitches or car settings, temps etc.

It would be great if there were a game to bring us all back together.
  10. LennonLegend1993

LennonLegend1993 Team Driver

Yeah I'll start early boiiiiiiis
  11. Ozglenn

Ozglenn Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ozglenn0513
    Yes should be ok
  12. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    to be honest, I feel like they are pretty much on par numbers wise, but the thing is that gt sport gives players the FIA option also.
    So it seems like pcars might get a few more signups, but if FIA wasn't a thing, I think we would see more league gt sport racers
    Russell and Easyprey007 like this.
  13. pat65

pat65 Professional

PSN ID
    patg65
    Yes to early.
  14. Noxrai

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    Any controller users here? What sensitivity do you use or would recommend for a novice controller player like myself?
  15. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    @LE_bananajosh this your area of expertise...
    LE_bananajosh and Noxrai like this.
  16. Tristan Jones

Tristan Jones Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    Ahh the good ol nurb. On my bucket list to go there one day. Just saw a mate ticked it off his!!

Wasn't sure of my pace having again not got any practise in due to IRL, but was glad to get 2 laps in prerace to see fuel/ tyres were good for 3 laps at least - though I wondered if anyone would try a 4 lap, i could have gone close but is too easy to overthink your pace here - better to just race as fast as you can. Racing at night made me unsure of the value of practise too, as seeing markers was going to be less reliable...

Qualified with a few behind me, and ended up further up the pack than I expected by the end of the GP track - but knew this would be all about the offs. Hoped I could just stay consistant, while reatining some speed!

Was surprised to see @Matthyus sitting on the edge of the road as I passed - must have been a big off to be this far back! He made up some time and got me back before too long - I think when I tried to go too fast around the final corner before the long straight - what a place to go off!

Kept @Easyprey007 behind me for a while - but knew he would have me before too long, and let him past on a straight.

Was keeping pace with @T F Eccles for a while - but saw he would make half a second on me at the carasoul and the following few corners - he made use of some practise there!

I made some minor errors here and there, just single/ fraction of a second errors, but they add up - towards the end I did it properly and had a spin - I had been just keeping in touch, albeit with a growing gap, to Col, but the spin put that out of reality. I only just kept in front of @fezza and @Aza2672 - i was 4 seconds in front after the spin, but they must have been having a good battle back there, they were swapping positions plenty, and the gap was 10 seconds before long.

I was still surprised to see such pressure here at the ring - it can often turn into lonely out there - but I had a blast, go Rooz!

Onto Bathurst...should be interesting to see how everyone mixes a highly technical track with an endurance length...
  17. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    I use the six-axis for steering and run sensitivity at the highest setting (7 from memory). I turn it down for karts though (not that it helps much)
    Noxrai likes this.
  18. Noxrai

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    You're a talented man then. The six-axis just feels wrong to me. I need feedback and something solid if I'm going for wheel steering.
    How do you go on long drives and enduros? Don't your arms and wrist get sore holding the controller like that?
  19. Kephin_07

Kephin_07 Rookie

PSN ID
    BiGkEv_87
    Tape your controller to your wheel?? Or see if it fits in a Mario kart Wii wheel :roflmao:
  20. Russell

Russell Professional

PSN ID
    BigChopperDog
    Back when I would use a controller I would use the pad and set the sensitivity to -2
    I don't think many people use the pad though
    Noxrai likes this.