ACC ACC fun Run Monday's

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by marty, Jun 25, 2019.

1. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

Very enjoyable racing last night.

Race 1 I was having a great race (meaning not last) until I made a mistake on the final chicane 3 laps from the end (which i do at least once every time we race at Monza) and went off, just tapping the wall - but enough to damage the car and wipe 15kph of the top speed. It was kind of cool actually to hear the engine sounding weird as I approached the top of each gear, with the whining sound (compressor...?) cutting in and out randomly. Haven't ever heard that before! Anyway, needless to say after that I dropped back and limped across the line.

Race 2 had an amazing battle that lasted the entire race with Krunch - swapping places back and forth, almost exactly matched on pace every lap. So many awesome moments! The difference between us was all in the last section - the final chicane he had 3 tenths on me every lap, but the final corner before the start/finish straight I would get those 3 tenths back and we'd be on for another lap. Great racing Krunch and well done on winning the battle, you deserved the place!

Also congrats to the winners and whatnot, but really who cares about that - the battle for 5th/6th is where it was at!
    KoAStR, krunch, nanlatt and 1 other person like this.
  2. nanlatt

nanlatt ACC Server Legend Gold Member

Was looking forward to this but couldn't make it unfortunately. Thursday is going to be difficult for a while.

Is it going to be the same car/track combo for Monday night?
  3. SteveDrivingSlowly

Yes I believe so, 90 minutes of trofeo monza
  4. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

Yep @SteveDrivingSlowly our R2 battle was epic stuff and thoroughly enjoyable, regardless of which way around it ended :). Great racecraft all round (completely ignoring the fact that I torpedoed you into the second chicane early in R1 due to my talent hitting the limiter). I also had a great battle with @cameron beller towards the end of R1 as he hounded me all the way to the line. I don't think I'd have held out for another lap.

Congrats to Captain Andrew Barracuda O'Hara for yet another dominant performance :p
    And well done to Stefano and Sergey for podiums
  5. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I think until we start a season proper keeping the same combo for the Monday after the same as Thursdays is a good option. Even once we have a season proper going Thursday usually was the main official practice night.

Also as I am unlikely to be available most Thursday nights and @Rolz may not be able to make them all we can often end up without an admin in servers.

Any of the regulars available that would be keen on ingame admin rights let us know and we can add you in as admins. All thats really needed is someone that can enforce whatever server rules are such as ping limit and car choice. Also having someone in that can restart/skip session if agreed on by most on discord etc.

The server side side we should be able to manage even if unable to race but its always good to have at least 1 active admin in the server on any race nights.
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
    nanlatt and SteveDrivingSlowly like this.
  6. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

I can probably try to fumble my way through it in VR if needed
    SteveDrivingSlowly and marty like this.
  7. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I added you in as a server admin to the ROOZ servers, you should be able to type in any admin command and it should work.

I have setup the practice server with S1 being the Monday combo and s2 I have raised SA limits with a bit longer sessions and track rotation. Seeing as the local servers are all very low ratings then at least if someone wants casual racing at good standards then the SA85 server should help. I made qualy 25 minutes and race 30, mostly as shorter qualy sessions wont give much time for others to join but for the Monday server I kept this at 10/20 but can change server 2 to longer sessions in at Monza if people would rather this then a generic any track server.
    krunch, Rolz and Godzilla like this.
  8. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Tonights official practice will be starting at 8pm AEST
    In game session start times
    Practice 30 min 10am
    Qualy 10 min 2pm
    Race 90 min 5pm
    Time scale 2x for all sessions in the Lamborghini Trofeo cup car only.

Cars will need fuel to make this distance so no enforced stop rules you can do whatever is needed.
    SteveDrivingSlowly and nanlatt like this.
  9. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Thanks all was some good racing tonight, a bit of strategy in this one and the light rain for the first 15 minutes made it quite tricky. Bad luck to @Godzilla who miscounted brake markers there and went hard through the 1st chicane, good job to avoid taking us all out though. ;)

My start pressures were way too high but I think most were in a similar boat there early, track never got too wet and dried out very quick. After about 30 minutes I assumed I was losing more time staying out then if I pitted early got some new boots at better pressures and hope to undercut some. I didnt quite trust my fuel calculation and so added an extra 12L to make sure I could at least push to the end.

Found nearly 1 second per lap instantly with better pressures but was alone for a while, then @terry came out just ahead from his stop. We had a great battle for at least 20 minutes, but I saw Andy behind throwing down some quick lap times. Had a couple of good battles with Terry into t1 but the inside defence on both attempts held tough and it was a 1:1 draw with the 2 attempts just luckily I had the inside on the second attempt, as he made a small error out of Ascari and I had the lead out of Parabolica that time needing to defend the draft.

@andyo450 then came out from his stop about 8 seconds ahead of us he was behind me I think before I stopped, but not sure if he was ahead of Terry or not before he stopped. With the late stop and Andy being one of these :alien: with fresh rubber, good pace and a good stop there really was no catching him.

Will get results up later as the results parse seems down for me atm.

Next race will be on Wednesday with open car choice and 2 sprint races, I would like to get it up for some proper wet races. Maybe force a wet race or see if I can set dynamic in a way that will be most likely wet to very wet. Race will be at Nurburgring the same as the next Monday enduro.

If anyone is up for a longer one Monday we can make it a 2 hr race. ;)
    krunch, Rolz and tezpez85 like this.
  10. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

Good battles into T1 @marty :thumbsup:. Managed to hold off the first few, but you just had too much pace in the dry.

I was light in the first stint and the pressures seemed close to ideal, unfortunately the 2nd stint was a little off pace due to pressures on the rear being slightly too high / oversteery in the dry. Look forward to the Nurburger.
    Rolz and marty like this.
  11. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Good fun today even with my issues.
    Felt really good in quali and seems I just missed out on pole to @andyo450
    Start was ok and overall pace seemed about right, great to be racing close to others and not falling back for a change. Thought it would be a good close race but made the first of many mistakes in to t7 missing the brake point and lost a few places. Was steady in P4 within about a second of @marty and Andy and then managed to make a much bigger mistake, missed the first distance board and hit the brakes at the second, realised I was in trouble pretty quick, instead of braking too hard at that point figured it would be best to just focus on keeping the car steerable so I could avoid hitting anyone, managed to get through but instantly hit with a drive through unsurprisingly.

From there tried an early pit but belted a wall fumbling with pressures down the back straight, 58 seconds stop time to repair the damage.

Even after all that still had some good battles most of the way to the end anyway.
    A proper wet race would be good to do, the earlier race today was pretty fun
    Rolz, marty and tezpez85 like this.
  12. Wally

Wally Team Driver

I miscalculated with my start tyres again, starting on wets. Now I know what the "light rain" icon looks like, as opposed to the heavier rain :rolleyes:

I pitted straight away for slicks (sorry if I was a bit erratic on lap 1, but I was adjusting my pit stop with one hand), which took me out of the action, unfortunately. I had a good battle with Godzilla for several laps after his drive through, but because I pitted so early and started with a full tank, I had to pit again for fuel. I also spun on the kerb at the 2nd chicane, which saw me hit the wall and get severe front damage which cost me 1 to 1.5 seconds per lap. Pity, because I had reasonable pace. Hopefully next week I'll manage to start on the right tyres!
  13. SteveDrivingSlowly

I didn't have pace but I had a great race, probably my best one so far. I didn't crash, spin or even go off once and I maintained a pretty consistent (if slow) pace the whole race. Due to pit stops I even led for three laps (hahaha!). Finished 6th but still had 30 litres in the tank so I reckon I could have shaved quite a bit of time off both the pitstop and the second stint laptimes with a better strategy. @nanlatt was catching and pressuring me during the first stint but somehow I managed to hold on until just before pitting when he must have had some kind of problem as he dropped back. All in all pretty uneventful but very fun race for me!
    marty likes this.
  14. nanlatt

My ping was awful when I joined last night so apologies if it caused issues for anyone. It seemed ok during the race so may have improved.

Had a good battle with @SteveDrivingSlowly early in the race. managed to get past going into Ascari then dropped it after a few laps coming out of Ascari and lost about 15 seconds. Pitted pretty late and went about trying to make up the 17 seconds Steve had on me after the stop. Had reasonable pace late and got the gap down to 3.5 seconds with less than 5 minutes to go. Thought I had a chance and binned it coming out of Ascari again:mad:. Car was ruined and lucky to finish.

Really enjoyed it though. Would be great to get more people in these races. Well done to the usual suspects at the front...
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  15. SteveDrivingSlowly

Yes I had forgotten about the early battle, which was great! You had about half a second a lap on me during my first stint and more than a second towards then end there. I was getting worried about holding onto the place until your mishap at ascari and was very lucky to hold on. I have had so many race ending spins there that I am very nervous every time through ascari, and lose sooooo much time to the braver drivers.
    nanlatt likes this.
  16. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Results from last night.
    Practice
    [​IMG]
    Qualy
    [​IMG]
    Race
    [​IMG]

For Wednesday we will run some wet races 2x 30 minutes at Nürburgring, I will experiment with forcing dynamic wet races or just force a non dymanic wet race if it seems hard to do. Currently I have the practice server at 5 of 10 in dynamic so should have much more variation between sessions. Not sure if that means more likely to be wet races but will run a bit later tonight and test.

Also if @Godzilla or @Rolz can give access to their Singapore servers we can try run a fun run from there where the Europeans should not have ping issues when joining. From Melbourne I was getting about 90ms so it would also be a good test to see how that degrades netcode for all us aussies in that.

For Mondays I think we will keep using the Aussie based server but other fun runs moving to Singapore can get more people into the 250ms ping window. Likely wont need to kick anyone pre race in those servers as we have had to most new guys. Rating wise we can try SA75 Wednesday and go a bit higher if it seems needed with any extras that join.
    krunch likes this.
  17. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Shoot u creds in a PM when I get home @marty
    marty likes this.
  18. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

@Rolz’s AWS hosted servers are better for this right now as Aussie Broadband have a routing issue to Singapore Azure they didn’t know they had, they have confirmed an issue and looking at it but that could take a while to resolve. End result is the latency from Perth to Azure servers in Singapore is around 130 as it bounces through Melbourne and back. iiNet doesn’t have this issue and ping from Perth to the same Singapore server is 52ms
    Doesn’t affect AWS servers so 52MS for me to those as well
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  19. nanlatt

I'm getting about 100ms ping to Singapore from NSW south coast. Regular Aussie server is typically about 30ms for me.
  20. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Thats where we need to test to see if there is benefit in raising ping for locals a bit is worth the extra racers that can boost numbers a bit away from our region. Main Mondays I would still keep as is but all or some other nights at least moving to a more centralized region worldwide could be worth testing put at least.

Also if Minolin adds a CP server to our region it could be better to be in Singapore then Australia for the same reasons. Especially as numbers in Australia have been quite low overall.
    nanlatt likes this.