ACC ACC fun Run Monday's

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by marty, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

mine is ftw.simracer.me @Godzilla is azure.simracer.me if u wanna compare
  2. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Just tested from another iiNet site in Perth, AWS is 52ms and Azure is 51ms, I win :)
    Rolz likes this.
  3. Rolz

Well from my Amsterdam VPS to both it’s 170ms to mine vs 190ms to urs so that round belongs to me :cool:
  4. nanlatt

nanlatt ACC Server Legend Gold Member

270ms to RaceOnOz.com FTW S3 :(
  5. marty

marty AC Server Legend

That's not good, I just put it up to test both and will jump in soon to see how the weather settings are working. What is your ping to the Aussie server S1?
  6. nanlatt

27ms
  7. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I see that @Godzilla also has his Azure servers up called s3 s4 so I have just changed the AWS Singapore server to S5.
    Can you do another test in the lobby and see what ping you get to all 4 Raceonoz servers.

Here is for me in Melbourne, the top server is the one I was wanting to use tomorrow night. The top 2 are AWS hosted Singapore and Sydney with the bottom 2 Azure Singapore.
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
    Rolz likes this.
  8. nanlatt

272ms
    27ms
    101ms
    100ms
    Rolz likes this.
  9. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Thats real odd what connection do you have and what ISP
  10. nanlatt

100/40 with TPG
  11. Rolz

really interesting the variance between them... :confused:
  12. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Really shows how crap our countries internet is
    marty likes this.
  13. nanlatt

Just tried setting my vpn to Singapore and it dropped the ping to 150ms. When I tried it earlier it made it worse. When I turned the vpn back off it went strait back to 270ms. Might get lucky sometimes I guess.
  14. marty

marty AC Server Legend

If we could get a few guys to check their pings on the 4 servers when they can and let us know here. This will let us decide which Singapore server we should try run. It seemed the AWS was getting more high pings for the aussies in general, the only one so far getting poor pings to the Azure Singapore server was @Godzilla and its his server. :oops: His ping was more reasonable still at around 130 to the Azure but I think under 60 to the AWS. Were a few guys from the Eastern states getting 200+ to the AWS server. It didn't seem too bad running next to @nanlatt with him at 270 for me but running next to guys with pings around 100 didn't seem too different to running the Sydney based server.

Did some testing in the rain and trying to force more aggressive dynamic weather meant it would go to Yellow storm Icon which was pretty much undriveable red flag type stuff. I found setting weather as below was very close to the max amount of water you could race in a 20 minute race.

"cloudLevel": 0.6,
    "rain": 0.6,
    "weatherRandomness": -1,

For the races I will manually force a couple of wet races but reset server between the 2 as we can only set non dynamic for same rainfall each session. The track doesnt always start at the same level but at the .6 levels it got wet pretty quick and was very tough to follow. Trickiest corner seem the small kink on the back straight where it would aquaplane and loop if flat and a bit too much lock. Its not even a corner in the dry but was a battle when very wet.
    Godzilla and nanlatt like this.
  15. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Aussie Broadband has told me they have dropped the ping to the Azure Singapore server from Perth down to about 85 now, won’t have a chance to have a look myself until later today

Update, now down to 48ms so my issue to Azure should be sorted now, at least so I’m told, will need to check tonight
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
    Rolz and marty like this.
  16. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Here is what can be expected in race 2 tonight, this is probably the wettest it can get and still raceable from our tests last night.

nanlatt, Rolz and Godzilla like this.
  17. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Rookie

18. marty

marty AC Server Legend

For now I have loaded a practice server up on the 3 servers we have access to. If people could check their ping to the top 3 servers here and report back we will use the Singapore server most get a better ping to which seems likely to be 03 Azure.

[​IMG]

I set all 3 servers up with different levels of rain and times of day from WET to WET+ and WET++, for the race night we will have open qualy at 8pm AEST as usual but it will be P30 Q10 R30 then server reset for more rain and another P5 (to let people join back in) Q10 R30

Race 1 will be less wet but late at night with the very wet race 2 during the day as its already hard enough to see with the spray.
    Rolz likes this.
  19. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Rookie

03 and 04 Azure are 95ms for me, 05 aws 160... so same as earlier
  20. nanlatt

03 & 04 are 110ms
    05 150ms through vpn