PS5 or PC?

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Systems & Troubleshooting' started by beakeroo, Sep 1, 2019.

?

Which way will you go

1. PS5

60.0%
  2. PC

48.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    With the PS5 getting closer which way do you see yourselves going in the next wave of gaming and why?
  2. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    I've been getting out of the whole gaming thing slowly but surely as I approach being an old git (I'm 40 in November) It hasn't been a conscious decision but rather something that has just happened over time. I stopped playing FPS games first (which were always my main time sink and where I really excelled tbh) and over time I've dropped off of playing a multitude of other games and franchises I once followed religiously, nowadays I usually feel like I've wasted time I could have spent better doing things more productive. The only thing I always come back to is sim-racing which I don't think I'll ever drop out of completely now I have the finished rig and the space for it. I've been leaning towards selling one of my Pro's and starting a PC build for the sim rig. I don't see me gaming much on PS5 as the PS4 in my media room has now became 90% Blu-ray player/Plex client.
  3. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Both.
    To answer the question as to why.
    I'm a gamer. That is not changing 1 bit. I'll always find time to do it. Yes, being a family man means a lot less time than I would like, but as the little one gets older I get to share in his experience. Plus I gaming is my hobby. You can go shove gardening! !
    Woody, Tristan Jones and NAACS like this.
  4. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    See this is actually a bit of my problem, my 12yo is probably addicted to gaming and I see myself as part of the problem. I also look at my 5yo who only talks about Minecraft recently.
  5. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    I have a rule. No Minecraft. No online games. Healthy range of activities with a heavy focus on school work, etc. Not to say that you don't do those things, just saying what we do. Hell my 17yo has almost zero interest in gaming. Although she has zero interest in anything. ..
    Tristan Jones likes this.
  6. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Yeah my girl is like that. She plays a game when it's a social thing with the family but she never picks up a controller to play alone. Zero interest in that.
    We have a no Fortnite rule in our house but haven't banned Minecraft as my wife and I see the benefits in it's creative outlet.
    We try and impose curfews on the gaming but when my son stops playing games he seems to go to YouTube on his phone to watch them or wiki's to read up on them. It's not like he has no other hobbies as he's a decent boxer but trying to get him to focus on things other than gaming can be a challenge unless games have been banned for a week or two which seem to snap him out of it.
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2019
    Woody likes this.
  7. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
  8. Noxrai

Noxrai Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    I'll see how it pans out. I already have a pretty decent PC.
    Will probably eventually get one. I like the exclusives games Sony usually pump out. I'm also interested in how they will upgrade the psvr as I'm still waiting to make the jump to the right vr setup.

I'm also hoping Gran Turismo will take some more inspiration from the heavier sim games and lean even more into simulation physics rather than it's forgiving nature at the moment. Again, I'll see what racing sims excite me before I take the plunge.
  9. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    I've loved the Sony exclusives over the years but with the news from Sony that they need to expand the user base of their exclusives I question the need for a PS5.
  10. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
  11. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    I'd get the PS5, simply because I'm a PlayStation fanboy and have had all of the other consoles. Would be getting GT7 as well. The specs look really promising, and it's looking like consoles are finally catching up to PC in terms of speed.
    Tristan Jones likes this.
  12. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

Sim racing is all I am interested in. Considering the cost to get a PS5 and any other gear (since sony love making you have to buy licensed gear for your rig), I'm thinking the money I've spent on iRacing to be well worth it.
    beakeroo likes this.
  13. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
  14. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    I've literally owned them all including handhelds and PS Vita TV. If they release GT7 on PC with crossplay?
  15. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

Ooops I’m in trouble! Haha

PC because I am a REAL gamer, I also use it for so many other things (coding, CAD, music production etc etc). There are some great games on console and a huge population of gamers...but the restrictions re: gamepad (mouse and keyb ftw in fps!) and fixed hardware are big turnoffs for me.

Ironically it was firing up my old ps2 earlier this year and having a crack at gran turismo that made me go and search for current racing games and that lead to sim racing!
  16. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    I'd still go console. Highly doubt that GT would go crossplay but we'll see
  17. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Well they've said that they need to start going cross platform with the first party games so that's a start. If they were to impose the PS Plus or something similar to people wanting to play their first party games online though then I'm sure that would make them just as happy as players buying their consoles at a loss to Sony.
  18. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    I’ll be buying a pc next. When you consider the graphics it’s way ahead. And for me to buy a ps5 plus a new tv with 4K or whatever will be out by then I see it being In The same price range
  19. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Rookie

AC mods of course :roflmao:
    beakeroo likes this.
  20. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID