GT Sport Season 8 Division 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jul 15, 2019.

1. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    My assumption was yes as that's what I was practising with. As @JonoStan96 notes in his test video, RS was practically useless. In my reference to being within 1 sec it was when he was running on the W (heavy wet) tyres.
    LennonLegend1993 likes this.
  2. LennonLegend1993

LennonLegend1993 Team Driver

You said intial laps so I assumed you meant the RS at the start haha. Let's hope it isn't RS hahaha
  3. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Round 6: Monza - 26 laps - 12:00 - 8/9
    [​IMG]

WELCOME to Season 8!! Thanks to IgnitiON Controls
    As always please take 2 mins to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night......If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regulations please ask!

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEST. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:20 AEST for 10 mins. Once 10 mins has been reached, finish the lap you are on and park up off track.
    RACE START TIME : 8:30 AEST (once qualifying has finished)

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....
    SIGHT ISSUES: Ensure that you can see everyone on track. After qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again. It can also be done pre-qualifying to save time if there is no chance of latecomers.

FALSE START CHECK : Please note that the start type is Grid Start with False Start Check
    Please practice this so you know what to expect. Simply, you hold the brakes on until the lights go from all lit, to none lit

TURN 1 LAP 1 : This has the potential to ruin someones night if we don't use our heads! Should be everyone's goal to get through the first phase with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line. If your unassisted tap causes someone to spin, you need to redress.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage.
    Monza has a few areas to be aware of. T1-2, 4-5, 8 & 10 when cutting, ensure 2 wheels are on the ripple strip. Exits of T10 & 11, be aware of the ripple strip and white lines on exit, and be aware of the white lines on the inside of the main straight.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.
    If you bump someone and they end up off track or teleport back to the corner entry, you must wait for them to rejoin and get back up to speed.
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive the car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow drivers. If contact you cause results in a driver being teleport reset back to the track, you must wait for them and redress

TYRES : Racing Softs

PIT ENTRY : Drivers MUST make an attempt to use the pit entry / exit lines.
    PIT EXIT : Please use the pit exit lane and be aware of cars approaching down the straight.
    NOTE: Pitting is NOT compulsory

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be will be @Hatfield @JonoStan96 @Viperzed & @emmo46. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let us know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. We will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved!

FINAL NOTE: Could all drivers please confirm their attendance for this Sunday by 'liking' this post in your division. If you are unable to attend, please post in reply as much in your division. This way we can figure out our reserves or if the room can start early in advance.
    Noxrai, pat65, DAMN_RIGHT_BOB and 7 others like this.
  4. LE_bananajosh

LE_bananajosh Team Driver

PSN ID
    GT_bananajosh1
    Monza was one of my favourite track at all time
    Easyprey007 likes this.
  5. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    points are close so you will need a win
    LE_bananajosh likes this.
  6. Tristan Jones

Tristan Jones Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    I haven't even got Div 3B points wrapped up - if @T F Eccles beats me at Monza and RBR, we will be tied, and down to bonus points - assuming I can still come second - drop round means nothing, we both lose a 20 point round.

Not sure I could beat @Matthyus for 5th, but will be doing well to hold off Col, Buster, Bob and Deedz for 6th place - all pretty close after taking drop round into account!
    Easyprey007 and Matthyus like this.
  7. LE_bananajosh

PSN ID
    GT_bananajosh1
    That’s my challenge
    Noxrai and Easyprey007 like this.
  8. Easyprey007

Easyprey007 Professional

PSN ID
    Easyprey007
    It is going to be a nail biter of a finish to the season.
    Who keeps their nerves under control will be victorious.
    Tristan Jones, Matthyus and Noxrai like this.
  9. LE_bananajosh

PSN ID
    GT_bananajosh1
    I’m gonna try to practice this evening and tomorrow afternoon
  10. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Round 6 results
    Qual
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Race Results
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Race Timings
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Noxrai and LE_bananajosh like this.
  11. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    So salty about another missed opportunity with this race.
    Was keeping in touch with Josh, with Oz in 3rd, but a mental slip up on T1 on lap 6ish threw me all the way back to 2nd last. Fought my way back to 8th.
    Noxrai and Buster_Danis like this.
  12. LennonLegend1993

LennonLegend1993 Team Driver

Some poor driving tonight. Especially early on. RBR is going to be fun next week, and then I can forget this car and move onto something that is hopefully more suitable haha
    Noxrai and Buster_Danis like this.
  13. Buster_Danis

Buster_Danis Team Driver

Guilty as charged! (Hopefully just ruined my own race and no one else’s?:unsure:)
    Happy to move on from the dub too!:(
    Noxrai and LennonLegend1993 like this.
  14. LE_bananajosh

PSN ID
    GT_bananajosh1
    I’m happy with that results I’m one step closer to win the championship
    emmo46 and Easyprey007 like this.
  15. Noxrai

Noxrai Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    Quali
    Had a decent effort and chucked in my best time on my final lap for 8th on the grid.

Race
    Had a claustrophobic start as I fumbled to put my radar on in time for the chicane. Stuff gets hairy when you are in cockpit mode at that first corner (yes I use cockpit view even with controller because I'm too used to the view and I don't want to change) Managed to stay clean by keeping in my line and staying right.

Lap 3 I managed to sneak past Lennon into 7th after he got a compromised exit into the 2nd chicane after getting pushed by another. (You had a bad night in regards to getting bumped, I saw a few other mishaps beforehand in the lead up to that one, real tough luck). It didn't last long as he retook the position after drafting and passing me on the start finish straight.
    I was happy to stay behind and keep up with his pace for a few laps as we closed in on patg and Bob who were having a battle just ahead of us.
    But unfortunately on lap 5 or 6 Lennon touched the grass/sand coming out of ascari and lost his rear. I thought he was going to maybe catch it. I tried to avoid him by swerving left but it was too late and I chose the wrong option (shoulda went right lol). We both went careening into the wall spinning out. Lennon respectfully waited for me as I was facing the wrong way (cheers for that). We both plummeted down to 2nd last and last once we both got back on track.

Still early in the race I knew I could maybe claw back some positions if I stayed cool and got some luck on my side. By lap 10 my prayers had been answered and poor old Matthius got struck by my prayers. He had a horrible exit out of the first chicane and lost it. What came next is just a comedy of errors (I watched the replay). I feel bad for laughing but watching you try to get back on the track after you spun out had me in stitches. Also I feel so sorry for you. You had great pace and looked like you could have fought for a podium.

Now in 10th on the 11th lap I had almost latched on to the back of Bob who was having a squabble with tfeccles and macneil.
    Later on Bob and I move up a place as tfeccles goes too deep into the 2nd chicane. Then a little later buster makes a mistake out of lesmo. Promoting both Bob and I up another place.

Come lap 14 Bob was trying to put the moves on fezza as I was just starting to lose touch of him.
    They fought hard and by the 2nd chicane I had caught up as Bob had a very poor exit. I then went on to chase fezza down with some good drafting and was able to get on inside into parabolica. Not that it mattered much as both he and bob dove into the pits.

Up into 6th with a fair gap to jonesy and the front runners in front of me I had Buster on me and chasing me looking menacing and ever present in my mirrors. He was slowly catching me. Lap 16 he was still there and getting closer to my juicy draft. But a mistake by buster exiting lesmo took the pressure off me and I was free to think about my pit stop for the first time in the race. I was able to stretch my stint out to lap 18. I came out just in front of Macneil but knew I wouldn't be able to hold him off for long. He eventually gets past me on lap 21.

With a decent gap to fezza behind me i reserve myself for 7th and pretty happy with a solid fight back from 2nd last near the first stages of the race.
    But on lap 23 Macneil made a mistake trying to overtake jonesy and gets reset onto the track. I get by just and now I have a chance to get 6th if I can just hold on. Lap 25 and he is all over me. I manage to defend well throughout the lap. He manages to get a good run into the straight and we drag down into the first chicane side by side for the final time. I blink first and he manages to get just in front of me for the corners. I do everything I can to keep up with him but he's just too fast and I come home 7th. Not bad considering the circumstances. Pretty happy with how consistent I became.

Congrats to bananajosh, whiz and ozglen (and maybe patg once divisional times are sorted out?) on their podiums.

Now onto the very wet Red Bull. People on controllers; this sheit gonna be scary!
  16. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    You have won by at least 1 point. Congratulations
    Noxrai and LE_bananajosh like this.
  17. GT_macneil29

GT_macneil29 Rookie

PSN ID
    Macneil_29
    I was spewing I went off but I knew if I turned in I would of ruined jonseys I'm not sure if he realised I had caught him so fast lol so I decided to bin it and again forgot track reset was on
  18. GT_macneil29

GT_macneil29 Rookie

PSN ID
    Macneil_29
    You have already won don't know if il race rbr
  19. LE_bananajosh

PSN ID
    GT_bananajosh1
    YEESSSSSS! Wait your joking
  20. LE_bananajosh

PSN ID
    GT_bananajosh1
    15 Points between myself and & @GT_macneil29 Ok I’m one step closer to become champion