GT Sport Season 8 Division 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Track reset is actually turned off.
    I make sure my room settings are correct and I verified this after the race.
    The problem is the track itself. On both T1 and T2, if you drive in to the run off sections, you will be reset back on track before the corner.
    Same goes for Le mans.
  2. Tristan Jones

Tristan Jones Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    Thanks and Sorry!

I did see you coming, didn't think you were making a move that corner though! I was watching closely from when you were 3 seconds away - I saw you catching 0.5-1.0 seconds per lap, and were a second behind me on the main straight - 0.7 after T1, I was planning on just letting you past! But I figured lesmo will be the place - I didn't want to brake early on you, so kept to my normal marker - was surprised to see you going past at speed on the left!

Had an awesome race, glad I had the opportunity to finish that race, rubbing shoulders further up the order than I usually do again...however it seemed to be a war of attrition - i don't remember making any overtaking moves, passed a few spinning cars though...

Surprised myself keeping up with Pat for so long, draft helped of course, but even out of draft I was sticking there - I would gain on some corners, but lose on others. Feels amazing when a track just clicks! Still didn't have the all out pace and fastest lap of some - I guess consistancy paid off...as well as filling a little short of fuel by mistake!
    Matthyus, Easyprey007 and Noxrai like this.
  3. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    You have 140 points, McNeill has 124 but will have to drop 12 so is 28 points behind. The best he can get to is 139. You don't even have to race next week as you would stay on 140 or even improve it if you do race and finish 1st or 2nd.
  4. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I got caught out by this too when I dived left to avoid tail ending Ozimo and because I was inside the apex it flicked me back 50 meters and stationary. Very painful and cost me 4 places.
    Noxrai likes this.
  5. Noxrai

Noxrai Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    Looks like it caught out Keedan too
  6. LE_bananajosh

LE_bananajosh Team Driver

PSN ID
    GT_bananajosh1
    I’m champion I can do it one more time
    Hatfield likes this.
  7. Tristan Jones

Tristan Jones Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    I have 3B wrapped up now, I could miss turning up to Red Bull and due to drop round, would still beat @T F Eccles !

Congratulations to all of 3B, only one racer didn't make it to the podium at least once - great racing, and a credit to Rooz that even in the bottom division there is good competition. Hopefully we have plenty of seasons left of this! Much credit is due to this end of the ladder, it can be hard to maintain the fun of racing when everyone else is quicker...

Very well done to Colin, who could likely have had the division win at any point during the season - only once conceding fastest lap, even then only by two tenths.

On to Division 3 outright - thanks to my Monza performance, I could even beat Johnno in the championship now, as long as I beat him at Red Bull, as he is one point ahead of me after drop round. How do ties work? Count back something?

Has been great racing all season...a couple of moments of kicking myself, but getting a couple of practise sessions in, even just a handful of laps at a time, makes so much difference. Im still amazed at the value of consistancy, very humbling to finish ahead of those who can lap quicker. My partner Kylie also deserves some credit for my consistancy, not walking in to do the washing halfway through a race anymore...
  8. GT_macneil29

GT_macneil29 Rookie

PSN ID
    Macneil_29
    Yeah as I came into it I wasn't sure for me my race was done at t1 so I let off the brakes just to avoid it all together
    Tristan Jones likes this.
  9. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    come on now, a league race in the rain is good for experience, as if more rain tracks are released, you can be we will be running them!
    Plus if you can beat @LE_bananajosh , you have wet weather bragging rights lol
  10. GT_macneil29

GT_macneil29 Rookie

PSN ID
    Macneil_29
    Not your fault I didn't know about the bug or that we were going to continue if it happened can't always have good luck
  11. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Draws are split by countback on results. So, number of wins, then number of second place finishes etc

as for the washing, no point doing it next sunday, as it will be raining
    Matthyus, emmo46 and Tristan Jones like this.
  12. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Ditto for me into the 2nd chicane, went right onto the grass to avoid wiping the pack out and got reset, back to 2nd last. Later on I was drafting @Aza2672 down the main straight and mistook the 100 board for the 150, suffice to say I didn't stop in time and got reset again. At that stage I threw my strategy out the window and just went for it. Ended up pitting on lap 15 with 2.3 laps of fuel to go, so with 11 laps remaining, enough fuel and fresh tyre it was a sprint home. At some stage swapped places a few times with @DAMN_RIGHT_BOB before he went deep into Parabolica and I never saw him again. I finished one place down from my quali and will get the Div 3B FL point so some consolation.
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
    Matthyus and Noxrai like this.
  13. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    I reckon it's going to be fun even if it's a bit of hard work. Definitely a night for patience and keeping it on the black stuff.
    Matthyus and Noxrai like this.
  14. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    @Ian Cannan will be scored on the division 2 championship table for last nights race, so all others move up 1 position
    Ozglenn and Noxrai like this.
  15. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Is that fair?, his race time was 30 seconds quicker than mine and his FL was over a second quicker than mine.
  16. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I discussed it with him already.
    He said his season is a bust, he just wants to race and was happy with the decision.

Another option was to go by race total time, but this split pubs and apex and they are fighting for the championship.

He will still score 2nd place points for his team in teams champ
    LennonLegend1993 and emmo46 like this.
  17. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    If only I had listened to this advice eh @Tristan Jones
    Tristan Jones and emmo46 like this.
  18. LE_bananajosh

PSN ID
    GT_bananajosh1
    I’m gonna work extremely hard in this hot bloody day tomorrow
  19. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Got it!
  20. LE_bananajosh

PSN ID
    GT_bananajosh1
    I’m gonna practice tomorrow morning is anyone keen for this?