GT Sport Season 8 Division 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Tristan Jones

Tristan Jones Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    That was hard work...would slowly make up time on someone...then one corner (usually T3) i would lose a full second going wide - probably glad I put TCS2 on though. Was tempted to have no TCS for the 2 hairpins and turn it on for the back half, but there is enough to think about on a wet track - and then you add other racers to the mix.

I made a few small mistakes early and dropped right back in the field - even after a PB for qually that I was really happy with. I settled into a rhythm, though everyone else was still pulling away - i was getting 45 and 44 though, so knew I wasn't going to get better than that, and waited for the offs I thought would through cars at me...didn't happen. I had good fun trying to close the gap to @Easyprey007 - but any time I made would soon be lost in little mistakes or just his better driving. I had the gap inside a second for a while, but T3 hit again, and back to 3 seconds. He eventually spun (T3 of course) and I got past him - same thing happened to deeds. I spent ages behind @T F Eccles, sometimes managing to close the gap a fraction, but he was very consistant, any time I made a mistake it would take a lap or two before I could get back to the same gap. I was making time on him at T1 most laps, but the advantage stopped happening all of a sudden - I guess he learned to take the corner quicker mid race! After his talk of experimenting with different fuel maps, I loved in hope that he was short on fuel, and he would soon turn down fuel - no such luck. Very well raced to all!
    Apex_64, Ozglenn, Noxrai and 3 others like this.
  2. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Indeed it was hard work, full concentration for every lap, on tenterhooks the whole time waiting for something to bite.

I started with TCS 2 and was going OK for the those first few laps where I was holding third place. But then it got a bit skittish so went to TCS 3 which I know would sacrifice pace for stability. Had a couple of wide-ish turns that put wheels onto grass or sand but managed to not spin at all. Fuel wise, the full distance practice the night before showed that no-stop was possible so last night I just applied a bit enduro short shifting which on this we track had no affect on pace, hence I finished with 1.3 laps of fuel spare. @Tristan Jones you are correct, mid-race I having watched @Buster_Danis's line through T1 I adjusted and was exiting the corner much quicker. I knew it was working as I was getting a string a purples for sector one afterwards. Then it was a matter just being consistent lap after lap.

Jonsey, well done on the Div 3B win. I would think that our switch of results over last season and our consistent mid pack placings in Div 3 outright ought to see us in Div 3 next season.
    Apex_64, Noxrai, Matthyus and 4 others like this.
  3. LE_bananajosh

LE_bananajosh Team Driver

PSN ID
    GT_bananajosh1
    Been 6 races in Division 3, 4 race wins 6 podium 2 fastest lap and championship in Division 3 Season 8 it’s been a good season and I didn’t win the championship for me I did it for Mark Webber and Daniel Ricciardo who was in Red Bull that didn’t win the championship. Red Bull #1. @JonoStan96 @CaptainRisky21 @KeedenMcdonald here I come to Division 1
  4. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Yes
    LE_bananajosh likes this.
  5. Dermott Brereton

Dermott Brereton Rookie

PSN ID
    ZingerStacker21
    You got me a 48hr chat ban, sons crying thanks
  6. LE_bananajosh

LE_bananajosh Team Driver

PSN ID
    GT_bananajosh1
    Oops
  7. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Well that race was intense.
    So much control required to keep it on the black stuff.
    Week practice
    Had managed to work my way into the 43's, so felt comfortable there.
    Qual
    Couldn't get near it, had to settle for low 44's and 6th on the grid.
    Race
    We had a clean T1, which was awesome.
    I knew from practice that keeping it clean and tidy would provide the best result.
    And that is what I did. I knew people would be having issues so kept at it.

TBH, I can't remember much of it after that first corner, it all just kinda happened.
    I ended up in 3rd through some means, likely a bad corner here or there from others.
    I was in 3rd for a large chunk of the race and kept my head down.

UNITL, lap 21...
    I must have had my foot twitch or something as I was coming down T4 as the car veered left, then right, then left again, into the grass on the right of the track..... I was fuming, I had a wonderful race until that point. Clean and tidy.
    Dropped to 5th. Gone was my chance at my only podium this season...... So:cry:
    With 3 laps remaining, I pulled in the gap to @Buster_Danis and started applying the pressure to him. Luckily for me he was racing on ice and on T2 had a minor wheel spin exit, gifting me back 4th.
    The gap to @Noxrai was too vast to reduce, plus he was in god mode by that point, slotting down 42's...., like WTF dude!! :eek: :)
    Came home in 4th. Happy, but again another missed opportunity

And that sums up my season. A missed opportunity.
    I finished roughly where I thought I would finish this season, at the top of the 'rest'.
    I knew I wasn't going to be podium material with Josh, McNeil and Glen around, but on a good day (oddly enough it was hard to get one of those this season), I had the ability to keep up with Pat and Glenn. (mostly)
    I was likely gifted a higher position due to people not racing, so Cheers for that :D

Whatever the car choice is for the next season, I'll be here to have some fun.
    Thank you Division 3 / 3B for the clean racing and general fun we have. Last nights party chat was great!!

See you in a few weeks.
    Apex_64, Easyprey007, Noxrai and 5 others like this.
  8. Noxrai

Noxrai Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Noxrai
    What a crazy race. Was hella mentally taxing just trying to keep the car on the road.

In practice just before quali I tried a few different race approaches. Tried no tcs. And then 1,2 and 3 tcs.

I found I could do a decent lap time without tcs but was really inconsistent. And also dangerous. I would most likely have a big spin if I tried to be a man and leave it off all race.

Decided tcs 1 was where it was at. 2 and 3 were too jarring for my style.

Quali. Well I did a great first flying lap to put me up the order. But every lap after that was atrocious, as I was pushing too hard to improve. Qualified a respectable 5th but was weary I could not keep up with others around me with how inconsistent I was.

Race.
    Had a clean start but got caught up on the outside minding my own business after the first hairpin when deeds and tfeccles had a slight mishap and deedz got sent sideways into me. I helped deeds face the right way but got pushed out on the grass but managed to keep it straight. After getting back on the road I was down in 2nd last.

Lap 6 I managed to catch up with Johnoclint and buster and was looking forward to a good battle. But those dreams didn't last long. Coming around the final bend I got a big tank slapper and was able to just catch it on the grass. Losing some time and my composure a bit, I stupidly missed my braking point into the first corner and ploughed into the barrier. Losing a whole bunch of time and a place.

The rest of the race was me just playing catch up again. Had a good few battles here and there. Highlights was deedz and I going side by side for a few corners. Going around the outside of buster into the first hairpin.
    I really started to find my groove as the race went on and surprising myself with some purple times. Going up the gears fast and keeping my revs low was really reducing my wheel spin and was keeping my mistakes low.

With a few laps to go I had clawed my way back up to 4th with Johnoclint 6 seconds up the road. I was content with my effort but lady luck was smiling down on me and being a dick to johnoclint. He unfortunately looping his car off the track and gifting me his position. I felt so bad for him. I think he has driven outstanding all season It looked as if he was finally going to reap the benefits. Hold on mate you'll get one soon. (Also fyi, I pulled one high 42 out of my hoo hoo. The rest were 43's lol.)

But the race had to go on and I came home strong with an unlikely 3rd. My first podium on a controller!

Congrats to ozglen and patg on 1st and 2nd. It was a nail biter to the end.

A big thanks to all the organisers behind the scenes and hosts that help keep the night smooth.

Div 3 has been a lot of fun. Thanks for having me while I'm on the controller.
    Catch you all next time
  9. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Season 8 Conclusion

Thank you to everyone who participated this season.
    Well done to @LE_bananajosh on the division 3 championship! (and @Tristan Jones on 3B)
    Congrats to @GT_macneil29 & @Ozglenn rounding out the championship podium.
    Thanks to room captains and hosts @Matthyus , @Tristan Jones & @T F Eccles
    Well done on the settings for this season @JonoStan96
    Big thanks to @Matthyus for your work on setting the divisions and drawing up the tables.

Make sure you get your names down for Season 9 here:
    http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/gt-sport-season-9-entry-thread.3815/

The vote for next season between ideas from @Bryan_F & @emmo46 is here:
    http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/gt-sport-super-rooz-season-9-vote.3802/

Keep an eye on the community events section for more racing between seasons, @Bryan_F is running a TCR round this Sunday:
    http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/series-tcr-cup-2019-season.3703/
  10. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Not a bad start for me in round 1 of the 2019 Manufacturer Exhibition series. Held at RBR in the very wet 10:45 slot. I've switched form Ford to Porsche and qualified my GR3 911 RSR in 10th, exactly mid pack. But thanks to the experience of our race on Sunday finished 3rd! 699 points to boot.

Polyphony, or whoever runs the race series, has listened to the masses and extended race distances so last night was 15 laps so plenty of time to be patient as others went off or had tank slappers. Used @Ozglenn's technique of not driving up the car in fronts rear. Starting the last lap I was in 4th, judged the braking into turn 3 just right to overtake cleanly and kept it there till the end.