GT Sport Season 8 Division 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Round 6: Monza - 26 laps - 12:00 - 8/9
    [​IMG]

WELCOME to Season 8!! Thanks to IgnitiON Controls
    As always please take 2 mins to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night......If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regulations please ask!

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEST. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:20 AEST for 10 mins. Once 10 mins has been reached, finish the lap you are on and park up off track.
    RACE START TIME : 8:30 AEST (once qualifying has finished)

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....
    SIGHT ISSUES: Ensure that you can see everyone on track. After qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again. It can also be done pre-qualifying to save time if there is no chance of latecomers.

FALSE START CHECK : Please note that the start type is Grid Start with False Start Check
    Please practice this so you know what to expect. Simply, you hold the brakes on until the lights go from all lit, to none lit

TURN 1 LAP 1 : This has the potential to ruin someones night if we don't use our heads! Should be everyone's goal to get through the first phase with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line. If your unassisted tap causes someone to spin, you need to redress.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage.
    Monza has a few areas to be aware of. T1-2, 4-5, 8 & 10 when cutting, ensure 2 wheels are on the ripple strip. Exits of T10 & 11, be aware of the ripple strip and white lines on exit, and be aware of the white lines on the inside of the main straight.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.
    If you bump someone and they end up off track or teleport back to the corner entry, you must wait for them to rejoin and get back up to speed.
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive the car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow drivers. If contact you cause results in a driver being teleport reset back to the track, you must wait for them and redress

TYRES : Racing Softs

PIT ENTRY : Drivers MUST make an attempt to use the pit entry / exit lines.
    PIT EXIT : Please use the pit exit lane and be aware of cars approaching down the straight.
    NOTE: Pitting is NOT compulsory

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be will be @Hatfield @JonoStan96 @Viperzed & @emmo46. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let us know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. We will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved!

FINAL NOTE: Could all drivers please confirm their attendance for this Sunday by 'liking' this post in your division. If you are unable to attend, please post in reply as much in your division. This way we can figure out our reserves or if the room can start early in advance.
    Apex_64, Jamie, Ian Cannan and 2 others like this.
  2. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Interesting race, qualified last and got all crossed up trying not to take everybody out at turn 1, managed to not ruin it all but fell back from the pack. That seems to have been fortunate for me as there were 4 cars off track as I left turn 2 and I moved to 11th!!. Then as I exited Ascari there were two more recovering from an incident and I moved up the 9th. Things were going well:). I was glued to Ozimos bumper as we braked for the Roggia chicane on lap 2 and I had to dive left off the inside of the corner to avoid contact and got reset back to before the corner and lost 4 places :(.
    I held onto 13th for a long time but then lost a couple of places to faster cars. After the pit stop I was 13th again but started to have a fluttering throttle, very frustrating:mad:. It made me a sitting duck on the straights and some laps I couldn't even stay in the slip stream. I was very frustrated and over the 3rd and 2nd last laps it was at it's worst and I fell back to last. It cleared up a little on the last lap and I was able to draft up to @Bluemoon and was all set to slip stream him on the run to the final turn but then the problem struck again and I had to resign myself to last. Well done to @JonoStan96 for the win, good to see a new face on the top step of Div 1.
    Pubs16, JonoStan96, Apex_64 and 3 others like this.
  3. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    Wish we had rolling starts :rolleyes:
    Got caught up in the T1/2 maul, and got hit by almost every car behind I think, to end up last in the kitty litter facing backwards. To rub salt in my wounds car would not pull up at next chicane and I got thrown back to entry. I am now 12+ secs off 14th, and 30 secs off the lead. :eek:
    I think by the 12th lap I had clawed back to 11th. From there it was a lonely drive until I was gifted 9th on the last lap, by Holden & Oz having a skirmish.

Congrats to Jono, that was a gr8 win, and against the fastest ;)
    Thanks for the season guys, thanks to Jono & Hat for the organization.
    I have enjoyed the racing but would have loved to be in Div 1 for Nurb and Bathurst.

Championship should be yours Pubs, congratulations :thumbsup: :thumbsup::thumbsup:
    As I very much doubt I will be in a state to drive next Sunday after a Premiership reunion.
  4. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Div 1 and 3 look like they are done and dusted unless there is a protest from div 3 that alters the order substantially.
  5. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    @Hatfield and @Matthyus do you have all you need to for the Div two results?, I have saved everything so just let me know if you need anything.
  6. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    @Ian Cannan will be placed behind all other division 2 runners from last night
  7. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  8. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Round 7: Red Bull Ring - 24 laps - 04:45 Rain - Racing Heavy Wet - 15/9
    [​IMG]

WELCOME to Season 8!! Thanks to IgnitiON Controls
    As always please take 2 mins to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night......If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regulations please ask!

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEST. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:20 AEST for 10 mins. Once 10 mins has been reached, finish the lap you are on and park up off track.
    RACE START TIME : 8:30 AEST (once qualifying has finished)

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....
    SIGHT ISSUES: Ensure that you can see everyone on track. After qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again. It can also be done pre-qualifying to save time if there is no chance of latecomers.

FALSE START CHECK : Please note that the start type is Grid Start with False Start Check
    Please practice this so you know what to expect. Simply, you hold the brakes on until the lights go from all lit, to none lit

TURN 1 LAP 1 : This has the potential to ruin someones night if we don't use our heads! Should be everyone's goal to get through the first phase with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line. If your unassisted tap causes someone to spin, you need to redress.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage.
    Be aware when cutting and exiting T1 & 2. Crossing the white line on the right hand side prior to T5 is allowed. Also be aware of the exit of T7-8 and cutting of T8.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.
    If you bump someone and they end up off track or teleport back to the corner entry, you must wait for them to rejoin and get back up to speed.
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive the car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow drivers. Contact will possibly end up with bigger hits in the wet, so watch those braking points!

TYRES : Racing Heavy Wets

PIT ENTRY : Drivers MUST make an attempt to use the pit entry / exit lines.
    PIT EXIT : Please use the pit exit lane and be aware of cars approaching down the straight.
    NOTE: Pitting is NOT compulsory

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be will be @Hatfield @JonoStan96 @Viperzed & @emmo46. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let us know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. We will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved!

WET ROUND : With the track being very wet, please be more cautious than usual with overtaking/defending. Patience is your friend.

FINAL NOTE: Could all drivers please confirm their attendance for this Sunday by 'liking' this post in your division. If you are unable to attend, please post in reply as much in your division. This way we can figure out our reserves or if the room can start early in advance.
    Pubs16, emmo46 and X3rx3s44 like this.
  9. Pubs16

Pubs16 Rookie

PSN ID
    UNC_Pubs16
    It was still a great comeback to 2nd man! Think you saved your skin with that one dude cause with a drop round you’re still in front by 7 points or so. I’m gonna have to really pull something out to try and jump you for the final round, definitely will have to practice tonight/tomorrow then haha.
    Apex_64 and Noxrai like this.
  10. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Enzo gets wet...
  11. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
  12. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Glad that is over, the concentration needed was mind blowing.:confused:
    Pubs16, Noxrai and Apex_64 like this.
  13. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    Your not wrong, my brain hurts :sick:
    Great drive Emmo:inlove: for the podium, I think it was a case of you and me, the Tortoises, beating Pubs, the Hare.
    Dominant drive and win X3rx3s44, you absolutely flogged us all :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Thanks for the racing all season guys, it was fast even racing, respectful, and clean. :)
    Thanks to Jono/Hat/Enzo/Mat for all your work, and Evil for his seamless hosting :thumbsup: :thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
    Pubs16, Noxrai, Hatfield and 3 others like this.
  14. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Congratulation on the div 2 championship. :thumbsup:.
    Pubs16, Noxrai, Hatfield and 2 others like this.
  15. X3rx3s44

X3rx3s44 Rookie

PSN ID
    X3rx3s44
    Thanks @apex2691 :thumbsup:
    That super low grip racing is what I love where throttle control is everything on corner exit and the real goal is just to keep the car on the track! :laugh:
    Congrats to everyone in Div2, I feel like we've had a great fun season and almost no incidents to report right through the field which is excellent! :D
    As Apex said, thanks to everyone who runs the series and works hard behind the scenes to make it all tick @Hatfield, @Matthyus, @emmo46 and @JonoStan96 - hope I haven't missed anyone. :eek:
    Also @Bluemoon for hosting every week, thank you.
    Finally my Congratulations to Apex and @Pubs16, the three of us had great battles throughout the season and I enjoyed it immensely, look forward to going again in season 9. :cool:
    Congratulations on the Championship Apex! Well deserved and well earned! :thumbsup:
    Pubs16, Noxrai, Tristan Jones and 3 others like this.
  16. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Agreed, you were on tenterhooks the whole time.
  17. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    It has been a very good season, four different race winners and 8 different faces on the podium.
    Pubs16, Noxrai, Matthyus and 3 others like this.
  18. Kephin_07

Kephin_07 Rookie

PSN ID
    BiGkEv_87
    Sorry I missed last night, guys! I wish I could say I had a good excuse, but I was asleep :oops::sleep:

Thanks for an awesome season, everyone! Congrats to @apex2691. If I couldn't win it, I'm glad my livery did :p
    @Pubs16, thanks for the clean racing. Loved our Dragon Trail battle :thumbsup:.
    @X3rx3s44, I enjoyed our not-so-wheel-to-wheel race at Bathurst and well done on a great first season here.
    Hopefully I'll be here for the full season 9 and make this a 4 way battle.

And, of course, also this:
    Pubs16, Noxrai, Matthyus and 4 others like this.
  19. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Season 8 Conclusion

Thank you to everyone who participated this season.
    Well done to @apex2691 on the division 2 championship!
    Congrats to @Pubs16 & @X3rx3s44 rounding out the championship podium.
    Thanks to room captains and hosts @Bluemoon & @emmo46
    Well done on the settings for this season @JonoStan96
    Big thanks to @Matthyus for your work on setting the divisions and drawing up the tables.

Make sure you get your names down for Season 9 here:
    http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/gt-sport-season-9-entry-thread.3815/

The vote for next season between ideas from @Bryan_F & @emmo46 is here:
    http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/gt-sport-super-rooz-season-9-vote.3802/

Keep an eye on the community events section for more racing between seasons, @Bryan_F is running a TCR round this Sunday:
    http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/series-tcr-cup-2019-season.3703/
    Apex_64, Pubs16 and Matthyus like this.
  20. Pubs16

Pubs16 Rookie

PSN ID
    UNC_Pubs16
    Congratulations to @X3rx3s44 for the win at a wet RBR, stunning drive in the wet mate, ultra fast and no mistakes well deserved. @apex2691 and @emmo46 great podium results for the tortoises guys ;) something I should’ve tried a bit better lol. I felt mostly comfortable all race with next to no practice however three times I bit more than I could chew being a little impatient on throttle at T1, including the last lap when I had made up time lost from previous errors to get back to P2. I think I was a little busy trying to work out on the fly where I needed to be in order to get the championship lead back. Sadly with @apex2691 and your consistent strong form in even if you finished in P3 behind me in P2 it would’ve finished as it did anyway, if you were P2 and I won I still needed both Pole and FL to take it out and Pole was already gone with @X3rx3s44’S stunning quali last lap.

It’s been a hugely enjoyable competitive season 8 guys, thank you all very much for some awesome racing in these Beetles. A huge congratulations to @apex2691 on the championship man, well deserved with great damage control on your down days to hold the lead in the final rounds!

Looking forward to being on track with everybody again in S9. I should hopefully be able to be a little more vocal on here moving forward, want to apologise for staying a little silent recently. Won’t clog up the area with my personal issues but I’ve had a lot of issues and tough changes going on in my life over the past few months so haven’t been available mentally to express myself as much as I would normally like.
    Just want you all to know that having this platform to join peers in this great hobby is something that lets me forget everything that is going on IRL and to really enjoy my most favourite thing in the world and that is motor racing, so thank you everybody in RaceOnOz, drivers, organisers and all!
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2019