DIVISION 4 - SEASON 8

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jul 16, 2019.

1. JJ_Penguin

JJ_Penguin Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Thank you to everyone for being so welcoming. I've really enjoyed the two races I've been apart of. I love this format as its got a bit of everything.

It was a very eventful night for me. Missed out on pole by a tenth but was on track for a 1:45 the lap before due to a tow from sparky but stuffed up parabolica. Started 2nd, got a good jump and took the lead from adge at turn 1. adge, sparky and myself pushed hard at the start, did a couple 1:46 laps and pulled a fair gap on the field before we had to restart.

Restarted in quali positions and I didn't have the nerve to have a crack at passing adge and ruin his championship if it failed. i had pace on him but decided to go conservative, I made a couple mistakes and sparky and coxy got past. thought i'd settle in and wait for dark....the night never came!

Swapped to the 1 stop strategy I had setup days ago but I hadn't changed the tyre pressures. A Massey Ferguson tractor would've handled better and I spun twice. Pitted and changed back to my original strategy. Had a crack at fastest lap but got pipped by a tenth again. well done Sparky!. Was running 7th but luckily for me arnold ran out of fuel on the last lap and I got round him on the last corner. Congratulation to Adge on the win. I was pretty pissed off with how id gone in that race as I had buckets of pace and confidence going into it. Told my missus about the race and how i was pissed off. her response was "its only a game". i responded badly....slept on the couch last night!

I learnt a lot form that race. practice your strategies and changing it mid race, setup multiple strategies and check them, dont get pissed off and get a comfier couch!!!
    Dazza, Anthonyb, George and 3 others like this.
  2. Gavatron

Gavatron Rookie

PSN ID
    azzahw
    Firstly a big thanks to sparky for hosting each week, very much appreciated.

Mixed night for me. Smashed a quick lap out in practice and went into qualifying full of confidence. Leaving out lane I bumped my button and got pinged for speeding, 1 grid penalty and just couldn’t put it together and started 5th.

Started the race well but then made a couple of errors but still confident of a good result. I stuffed my out strategy up and wasn’t supposed to put front softs on. I decided to push hard and drive the wheels off, but had to take another stop with 10 to go. With Arnold low on juice I managed to get home in 5th. Pretty happy with 5th, but can’t help but think what could of been.

Congrats to Ange on the win and championship, really well deserved. And thanks all for a fun season, look forward to the next one.
    Dazza, JJ_Penguin, stucar17 and 4 others like this.
  3. AdgeR502

AdgeR502 Rookie

Was a great season loved the car choice and most of the tracks. The last race could not have gone better for me qualified 1st with a blinder of a lap that I don't how I did it then after the race restart led the whole way. Did not think I would ever win a championship considering I don't practice during the week pretty much only play the PlayStation on Sunday nights for the race. Thanks to the organisers and sparky for hosting the race's. Bring on next season.
    Dazza, JJ_Penguin, Rebort and 3 others like this.
  4. PaulCox

PaulCox Team Driver

PSN ID
    coxy383420
    Stoked with 5th in the championship after joining late...and looks like my team won aswell....hope the team captains were happy with my contribution