PS5 or PC?

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Systems & Troubleshooting' started by beakeroo, Sep 1, 2019.

?

Which way will you go

1. PS5

60.0%
  2. PC

48.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Buster_Danis

Buster_Danis Team Driver

You’re not part of the problem. He would be into games just like every other kid his age even if you weren’t. At least you can understand the attraction.
    Unfortunately it’s pretty much the norm these days for the majority of teenage boys, some do grow out of it eventually, but then you might have to have to deal with them being into alcohol, girls/boys, or even worse drugs or crime!
    A happy kid in his room is a safe kid in his room. At least you know where they are!
    Having a passion for motorsports but never being financial enough to participate, I found it was me that was actually influenced by my kids playing video games, when I found out I could get a ‘racing fix’ while sitting in my lounge room!
    BTW my preference would be PS5/ GT7(?) as I’m no spring chicken & not really PC tech minded, & budget restraints limit my racing game expenditure.
    Plug & play I say;)
    beakeroo and Noxrai like this.
  2. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
  3. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    Getting in before Beaker yells at me!

I'll get both. PS5 for Sony exclusives, the last of us 2 alone will make me a Sony boy for years to come.
    I already have a great PC so I'll just be sticking with that with most if not all new games. I've put a lot of money into my PC so it has benefits over a console.
    Plus discord, it's soo easy for group chat and organising ppl. I feel like there's better support for games, as in patches come out quicker than console and mods. Streaming and game recording for me. Other apps and programs. The PC visually looks better as I can customise the case, gear, fans, RGB.
    Plus other games that don't get released on console or take forever and are :):):):) compared to the PC version.
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
    Noxrai and beakeroo like this.
  4. Tristan Jones

Tristan Jones Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    PS5...dunno how long till I get it though! Already have a reasonable PC, and currently play PS much more. GT ftw!
    beakeroo and Easyprey007 like this.
  5. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

My house is a PC house :D
  6. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
  7. Wally

Wally Team Driver

I'm just a sim racer, nothing else these days, although once upon a time I played many FPS. Never owned a console in my life.
    Rolz and beakeroo like this.
  8. Ozglenn

Ozglenn Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ozglenn0513
    I have been a Playstation guy since the start I have all of them so I will have to get the PS5. But I just got a awesome PC and an Oculus Rift S so now I have to try and find time to play both it is tough but I will give it a good go. :thumbsup:
    Tristan Jones, Matthyus and beakeroo like this.
  9. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Yes yes Beaker, I'm getting it done...................:roflmao:

Reason is simple.
    Plug and Play.
    Never been that much of a tech head, and if I were to go down the PC route, I'd want to do it properly meaning it would be out of my price range.
    That being said, If the rumours are true about SMS doing their own console, you might see me go that way. I cant remember the last time I played something other than Project Cars2.
    beakeroo and Buster_Danis like this.
  10. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

I'm the same... limited time & budget. I've been playing on an old tv that must be at least 15 years old & my version of upgrading the graphics are to play with the colour/contrast when I find a different hdmi cable to use
    PCARS2 has kept me very interested since it's release & I'd be very tempted to go SMS console if it actually happens
  11. Tristan Jones

Tristan Jones Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Jonesy82360
    Pardon my ignorance...SMS console??
    Rolz likes this.
  12. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Google comes up with nothing on it... plz share more info :)
    jasondull1986 likes this.
  13. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Tristan Jones and Rolz like this.
  14. Woody

Woody Team Driver

PSN ID
    DrMoose007
    Glad to see I;m not the only one with these issues. Exactly the same at my place.