GT-Sport [Completed] - 13/10 Bathurst Tribute Race

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Apex_64, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Xtr3meNZer

Xtr3meNZer Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Yeah, sounds good to me, though leading the pack will be a bit of a worry... but I will be smashing out this combo to ensure I am competitive. Will there be practice nights with something like 10 laps so that we all kind of get into it leading up to the event?

Running dry laps by yourself is fun... but I always notice my time increases when you have others on the track around you - and the AI on the hardest setting is pretty easy to get through, and not so much of a challenge.

Are we going with current V8 Liveries? or can we go classic style also?
    Apex_64 likes this.
  2. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    Make sure you practice online with the race settings.
    Will probably be more drivers practicing closer to the event but there won't be any "official" practice rooms as such.
    The organizer is very slack when it comes to practice:rolleyes:, so you are welcome to let guys know when you have a room up for practice, and you may get a few to join, or visa versa keep your eyes peeled for others practice rooms.
    Send out friend requests to the other drivers entered, so you can find them practicing, and visa versa.
    Liveries are up to the individual driver, @CaptainRisky21 :thumbsup: has supplied a great choice of Bathurst Liveries.
    CaptainRisky21 and Xtr3meNZer like this.
  3. Xtr3meNZer

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Cheers mate, I will keep that in mind for the rooms - its likely I will try and host some closer to the time. Just gotta figure it out as I haven't hosted before lol.

And I did see the link to those liveries - they're beauts! I used to create liveries on Assetto Corsa when I used to race on there - much easier on the comp... but I do enjoy giving it a go on the playstation :)

Awesome, this is something I will be looking forward to
    Tristan Jones, Ozglenn and Apex_64 like this.
  4. GT_macneil29

GT_macneil29 Rookie

PSN ID
    Macneil_29
    Villagenz14 is in too
    Apex_64 likes this.
  5. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Have been running the Mustang in the daily sports race at Bathurst as training for this. I have some work to do as I am not doing at all well. I have a week and a half to find pace and consistency, both of which are in short supply at the moment.
    Apex_64 and Buster_Danis like this.
  6. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64

The Mustang is slow on RH at Bathurst in comparison to most G4 cars at Bop. It feels like a tractor.:thumbsdown:
    I drive the RCZ because it is (ridiculously) the fastest in a straight line, especially up the mountain, responsive, and FF are my least favored car to drive.
    It won't serve much as practice because the Mustang on RS Tyres, with the slight reduction in weight and slight increase in power, and tyre wear and fuel, is completely different, more responsive, and more enjoyable to drive.:thumbsup:
    P.S. I need to practice or it will a be very lonely race, but lets think about the tortoise Emmo;)
    emmo46 likes this.
  7. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Maybe some water would help.;)
    Apex_64 likes this.
  8. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    Is that why the Hare lost :cautious:, it drowned :eek:
    emmo46 likes this.
  9. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Doesn't like wet fur.
    Apex_64 likes this.
  10. Xtr3meNZer

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    I spent all night on the Daily Race as well last night, and yeah the way they have it set up for the Mustang it certainly doesn't feel very nice. I've actually been having a bit of a blast using the NSX tbh. It's not the fastest, but with the setup they give it I find getting it on the gas again early easily achievable. I just wish they gave it more than 3 laps... come on - 5 would be mint!

See a lot of guys using the Megane FF as well - used it for a couple of races, and it does go well, I just prefer not using the FW drives haha
    Apex_64 likes this.
  11. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    If I was going to do a race, I would use the Citroen, the car handles well and has a great gearbox. I only use the FF to set a time.
    Your so right, 3 laps is barely a warm up.
    Must be over a year since I have done a daily or a FIA race though. :(
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
  12. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    I don't know Villagenz14, so will need a lot of advice/help handicapping him.

Edit: We now have a full grid of 16 which is awesome.:thumbsup:
    Will take a couple of reserve entries if anybody is still interested, in case of any withdrawals, to try and ensure the magical 16 starters on the grid.
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
  13. GT_macneil29

GT_macneil29 Rookie

PSN ID
    Macneil_29
    No worries I've been watching his times il message you on messenger
    Apex_64 likes this.
  14. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    I trust your judgement.
    Just post your recommendation of his handicap and that will be fine, except if he wins the race by more than a sec or two;)
    Really hoping there is bunched field of 16, with 10 secs between 1st & last, in the last lap or three.:cool:
  15. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    I haven't touched GT Sport for 3 weeks as have been away on holiday, but hope to get a lap or two of practice in before the race! (also some practice for S9 also, don't know which car to vote for yet). Haven't looked for a livery yet either but quite happy to be guided if someone wants to propose something.
  16. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Happy to make you a Supercars livery, just let me know what you want and I'll get it done before the race
    Apex_64 likes this.
  17. LE_bananajosh

LE_bananajosh Team Driver

PSN ID
    GT_bananajosh1
    Can you make mine?
  18. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Yes, what do you want?
    Apex_64 and UrsineSaturn9 like this.