GT-Sport (WET Event) [5/10] Historic Le Mans Showdown

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by JonoStan96, Sep 24, 2019.

1. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    yes you do
  2. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    People use to die at Le Mans

Now people bleed from their reproductive organs at Le Mans

God how times have changed
  3. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    I'll take left please.
    Also I'm doing 250km/h down the mulsanne straight on the formation lap and then going back to the 140km/h limit after mulsanne corner because we really don't need to sit on the mulsanne for an extra minute waiting to get racing, without chicanes there's no real point to be putting along like that for two and a half minutes.

People still do.
    Did you forget Allan Simonsen?
  4. Toranafan-02

Toranafan-02 Team Driver

PSN ID
    SIR_Tyson_02 PS4. deadman024 PS3.
    F
  5. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Heard heaps of stories about his driving talent, 2013 Le Mans was a sad one
    He use to drive my great uncles (not blood related) Gt3 lambo :)
    bluexephos22 and StigsTC like this.
  6. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
  7. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    Oof.

@MINT_GTR bloody love racing you in these longer formats because its just time attack lap after lap trying to get an edge and grind out any kind of advantage.
    MINT_GTR likes this.
  8. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Yet another waste of a Saturday night

[​IMG]
  9. Buster_Danis

Buster_Danis Team Driver

Fastest lap in the Porsche! If someone’d picked it before the race I would’ve told em they need a psychiatric assessment:eek:o_O
    It does love a pull down the straight though! (yes, yes I said that on purpose:D), picking up 17kmh behind @JonoStan96 at one stage!
    Thoroughly enjoyed the battles during the race but let myself down a few times by pushing too hard to catch others. Coulda...shoulda....woulda... I know, but 5th was a real possibility if not for the brain farts on my part.
    Thanks to Jono for organising & @razor4797 for stepping in to host after the technical hiccup.:thumbsup:
  10. Toranafan-02

Toranafan-02 Team Driver

PSN ID
    SIR_Tyson_02 PS4. deadman024 PS3.
    Was an enjoyable race and happy I managed to drag the bag up to 5th despite the fact it corners like the fronts are on rims, all in all happy with the effort last night. #PutYourBagsOut
  11. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    First 30 mins was great fun, phenomenal start got me up to 2nd, couldn’t believe it! However once it became clear I needed to start fuel saving like crazy to do a one stop, that’s when the mistakes really started to creep in. Lifting and coasting didn’t work nearly as well as I thought it would. A race where I should have come 3rd ended up being 5th, only to completely :):):):) up the pit entry for my forced 2nd stop (see picture above) and lost about 15 seconds.

I was then tasked with chasing down a Porsche and Merc... All she wrote really.
    MINT_GTR, StigsTC and Buster_Danis like this.
  12. Storm_SP17

Storm_SP17 Rookie

Made a late decision to race because I realised I actually had time in my schedule.
    Next day rolls around and I am as sick as a dog...
    Half hour the night before of setting up and making sure I had the gearing optimised...
    3 laps in a row of making the same mistake into Mulsanne because of lack of practice...
    Two incidents that lost some track time, putting them both down to a difference of expectations within the circumstances...

So 6th isn't a terrible result when you factor all this in. Pace seemed there or there abouts, just couldn't extract the maximum in my state.

The strat to get back ahead of Risky after the incident was a bit of a gamble, didn't change tyres, and took more fuel than I eventually used due to the pace falling off a cliff. However, I needed enough time ahead of Risky to avoid the tow, and sure enough got the 3 second cushion I hoped for.

Have to say, the amount of pure straightline speed some guys were able to have makes me wonder if there was a massive over-compensation of low DF or a monstrously potent tool to exploit with the right knowledge applied. I'm intrigued enough to test this out today, and I'm feeling a bit better so might as well.
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
    MINT_GTR, StigsTC and Buster_Danis like this.
  13. MINT_GTR

MINT_GTR Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    Likewise mate, was balls to the walls the whole race!! Congrats on the win
    StigsTC likes this.
  14. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    Luckily neither of us made the wall, despite both trying really hard to do so at Indianapolis lol.
    MINT_GTR likes this.