ACC ACC fun Run Monday's

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by marty, Jun 25, 2019.

1. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

I got a penalty for removing results!!!! WHAAAA 300 seconds!
    marty likes this.
  2. marty

marty AC Server Legend

The coming Monday race will be a 60 minute race at Zolder, no forced stops and race will start at 4pm in game time with 6x time scale meaning it should finish at night.

This will be on an open Aussie server at SA80 with 250 ping limit enforced. It will be interesting to see if we get more join this server then the Singapore one. My theory is that Europeans seem to avoid a server with Singapore in the name and tend to join the Aussie one more even if their ping is 200ms higher and so will be kicked as it also says in the name.
    nanlatt and Rolz like this.
  3. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

@marty here are my details:
    First name: Neil
    Second Name: Faichney
    3 Letter Abbreviation for the Car display. FAI
    marty and Rolz like this.
  4. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Hey Marty, what time is kick off tonight?
  5. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Qualy at 9pm Eastern Daylight savings time, same as the last couple of races Monday and Wednesday. Nobody has said they have an issue with that start time that I have seen so I can only assume its currently ok for all.

Practice will start 1 hour before all qualy sessions assuming I can get them started by then, with the current start times I am usually able to get this all going easily by then.
    Rolz and nanlatt like this.
  6. marty

marty AC Server Legend

server is up with 60 min practice before the 9PM qualy and 60 min race, no compulsory stops. In game race will start 6pm and be 6x time scale the same as the practice session.
  7. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Thanks all for the race, Congrats to @andyo450 for the win @Rolz with 2nd and @tezpez85 for the final podium spot.

Unfortunately it seems that there is no results file from the race tonight as probably I shut the server down a bit too soon and it didn't write these files. :(
    c4rLo5, tezpez85, Rolz and 2 others like this.
  8. SteveDrivingSlowly

Yes fantastic race, probably my most enjoyable drive so far as for once I stayed pretty well on it for the whole race. I had 42 minutes of sweating profusely (actual glasses steaming up - nerd re-confirmed) and pushing hard to stay with Krunch and in touch with nanlatt in front of him. I overtook Krunch as he ran wide at the hairpin and a few laps later he made an awesome move at the same spot, outbreaking me and cleanly passing on the inside.

Unfortunately I got taken out 18 mins from the end (not by Krunch - he had to pit due to fuel) and had to pit for around a minute of repairs, after which the car was not quite the same - but I finished and managed to unlap myself a few cars which was a nice feeling.

Great drive all and great fun!
  9. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Was a pretty good race overall, I messed up qualy a bit like usual lol. Then in the race I think the team may have given me warn rubber even though its likely what I asked for without thinking about it. ;)

I thought I would raise the pressures a bit to make the car get a bit better at the end, fuel wise I didnt trust my guess so just filled it up. Car was a bit sketchy from the first few laps at the rear and I was battling to hang on to @tezpez85 and @Godzilla early. Godzilla had a little spin which was about the only way I was going to gain a spot this race, then as it got darker my car seemed a little less :poop:. I pushed as hard as I could all race trying not to spin it which was a bit of a challenge.

In the end I got back to within a couple seconds of Terry but was running out of rubber and time.

Here is the race Highlights or at least the first 30 minutes and then insta dark as Andy cruised to the line. :D

Nice to see 17 starters, seems calling the server Australian gets more users then calling it Singapore as I had to kick about 4 high ping guys also that clearly didnt see the 250ms ping limit. Would be nice if we could just set this in the server and so nobody needs to try and admin during a qualy session to keep out the guys with 300-400 pings that really shouldnt be able to join if we want a ping limit.
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
    c4rLo5, tezpez85, krunch and 2 others like this.
  10. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Rookie

Sorry I missed all, sounds like a good race. Will probably miss Wednesday also as I have a rental inspection Thursday morning :poop:
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  11. marty

marty AC Server Legend

The next round will be at Nurburgring, Its been a while since we had a 90 minute race so will give this another go. This will be on an open Aussie server and unless 1.1 drops we wont be able to set or enforce any rules. A gentelmens agreement that all of us will stop for fuel at least will be used.

If 1.1 drops before then this race may change to test some features in that build assuming it doesnt come just before the race Monday night.
  12. Wally

Wally Team Driver

Thanks for posting the videos Marty. Always good to watch.
  13. Rolz

Thnx for the racing all! Great fun as always! WD @andyo450 on the win and @tezpez85 on the podium!
    Zolder is still not my fav track, but I can say I'm certainly understanding how to get around it better than I used to!
    Great also so see a good turn out, it still gives me hope that we can turn this ship around popularity wise with the numbers we had last night! Cyas Wednesday :)
  14. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

Good race! Was losing a few tenths a lap to @Rolz and @andyo450 in front with metronomic consistency no matter what I tried, so I knew that hanging in there with consistent times would probably be my best bet. I got a few track cut warnings at Villeneuve early on, so I couldn't be aggressive in that part of the course for the rest of the race. @Godzilla was doing his best to harass me early on, but ended up overcooking turn 2 and going off. @marty was closing in late race - either that or I was dropping pace - the rear was getting a bit snap oversteery. Managed to hold on for 3rd.
    c4rLo5, nanlatt, Rolz and 1 other person like this.
  15. c4rLo5

c4rLo5 Team Driver Gold Member

Thanks for the racing. Happy with my quali, but after a bad start at the 1st corner really enjoyed the close racing with @Wally and @SteveDrivingSlowly trying to keep it close. Unfortunately for steve, too close when I decided it was time for my compulsory pitstop and drilled straight into the back of that pink and blue ferrari as I was charging into pit entry. Sorry dude. But still had a very enjoyable race nonetheless.
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  16. SteveDrivingSlowly

Yeah man was some good close racing and you were really pressuring me after my battle with Krunch, catching me in the final sector each lap. No worries about the tap - it happens! :)
  17. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

Um.. there was no compulsory pitstop in Monday's race - just sayin... :whistling: :)
    c4rLo5 and SteveDrivingSlowly like this.
  18. Rolz

But there is a compulsory pit tonight? Just confirming :)
    Coanda likes this.
  19. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

O understand there is a gentleman agreement that we will all do a stop for the longer Monday night races
    Coanda likes this.
  20. Coanda

Coanda Team Driver

What track is tonight's racing on?