ACC ACC season 01 rnd1 Monza Enduro cup 90 minutes Nov 11th 2019

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by marty, Nov 4, 2019.

1. marty

marty AC Server Legend

In control settings map a button to "save replay" then press this during the race to save the replay. There is a slight stutter like a join lag so do this on a straight.
    Coanda and Pablo like this.
  2. jlynn777

jlynn777 Team Driver

Thanks guys that was fun, good to be back racing with you all.
    First of all - thank :):):):) the perfect storm weather was cancelled!!
    Was pretty stoked with qualy, pretty much ran the stock aggressive and it felt pretty good.
    Sorry for that first start carnage. I braked earlyish but it obviously took the car behind me by suprise and then all I could do was enjoy the ride and hope I pirouetted through a gap - which didn't happen.
    Second start it nearly happened again because my car refused to move off the line for some reason.
    For the race, I had a pretty good first couple laps from memory, think there was some argy-bargey ahead which let me sail by a few. I was then amazed to see Marty not far ahead but I didn't expect that to last long....and it didn't! He missed the first chicken and (for maybe the second time ever??) I overtook him! As far as I was concerned my race was over, I was happy and could of stopped then. I wish I did because my race fell apart after that.
    I don't think I even lasted a lap in front of him. Then as I tried to keep up I had a big moment over the curbing at Ascari and spun into the wall...then had to wait a while to rejoin. I had lost a lot of pace after that and was driving around by myself. Fortunately after the pitstop my car felt good again and I tried to pull Gao in. Think I got the 30 sec gap down to under 10secs but then I spun on the second last lap and that was that.
    Congrats to the podium and thanks to the guys organising this. Looking forward to the next one :)
  3. Wally

Wally Team Driver

I had the same thing in the second start. My car wouldn't move for a second or two.

Marty, I guess you can't set a maximum weather level on the server?
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  4. Pablo

Pablo Rookie

Thanks @marty. I might try saving the replay while I am in the pits.
    Also, thanks for all of your hard work putting the season together. Apart from the weather (which was just one of those random bits of bad luck) I thought everything last night went well.
    A few firsts for me last night: first league race with ROOZ, longest continuous race (90 mins) and biggest grid (21 cars).
    I achieved my personal objectives: keep out of faster cars' way and don't have or cause any major incidents.
    Hell, I even gained a few places from the back of the grid :)
    Looking forward to next week already :)
    jlynn777, marty, Rolz and 2 others like this.
  5. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

Good onya mate - also my first league race and biggest grid so yeah pretty stoked!
  6. marty

marty AC Server Legend

It seems on session restarts ACC does some weird stuff, ideally I dont want to do restarts inleague races but the first one was carnage and my car had broken suspension already before getting around t2.

Weather settings are fairly limited and if we could set max limits then it would be much more useable.

Here are the highlights from the race (well first 30 minutes then leader across the line)

I havent looked back through the full replay as yet, the start wasnt terrible 2nd attempt. Main issue was that I came in a bit hot and had to go a bit left to avoid running into the car ahead. This made me wide but still on track, I was slow in the left lane which the car behind me managed to avoid running into me. The few cars behind him had a small nose to tail.

From just this replay it can be seen @nanlatt missed his brake point a couple of times into t1, both rear ending @Wally pretty badly with the first incident also taking out @Bueller.

I will take a better look at this and see if any penalty should be given as it negatively impacted 2 others races. All just need to take care in races to avoid rear ending the car ahead, mixed grid of cars and drivers everyone will have different brake points and its up to the guy behind to deal with. If your in a draft you will also have more speed so need to brake earlier, my main suggestion is for people to spend more practice time racing then hotlapping. It gives good practice and I know my car was pretty slow all round when racing @Captain Barracuda last night Im amazed he wasnt rear ending me as he gained massively on every entry to my car.

My race itself this round was not great, qualy wasnt perfect with some traffic but mostly just not getting it done by me.

Race start as said above, I lost some spots t1 then missed the chicken lap 2 and slowed lots to avoid a penalty before rejoin. I was behind @Frostwa giving it 100% qualy effort every lap and made maybe 2 seconds on him in 45 minutes.

Then came my stop which was a proper disaster as I didn expect to have such an early pit box, I drove straight past it then saw them waving at me in the rear view. :roflmao: I had to chuck it in reverse and back up into my box. Looked like I had plenty of fuel as I didnt burn as much as planned first stint. Strategy was start 80L then add 100L. That was to be faster at the start which I wasnt :oops: but I dropped the add to 90 thinking it should be ok having use 78 in the first 43 minutes.

Having lost a fair bit in the pits I noticed I was only 7.5 sec down on Shane, continued on with the 100% effort but no real pace still I clawed a little back. Then with about 20min to go was making bigger gains, seems.shane was fuel saving. I caught up to him but had no way of passing the merc, maybe he turned the power back up. Then he must have noticed fuel was critical turned it down and I got past. Just after that I also got the oh :poop: moment when I realized we probably had 3 laps left but I had fuel for only 2 of them.

I had to turn the ecu down and at that ecu3 race map it was a sitting duck to the merc and he breezed past again. However his fuel situation becqme a big reality too and so he pretty much shut it down out of ascari and made another stop. I had at this poin 2L of fuel with just over 1 lap remaining and burning 3.5pl normal pace and 3.3 in race map that about 6 tenths slower. I put it in safety car map ran a tall gear and clutch coasted the straights. I made the line with 0.02 to spare, that extra 10L I left in the pits would have been handy.

My race pace was mpre dissapointing then my qualy pace, it wasnt due to lack of effort as I couldnt have pushed any harder with just the t1 error and pit brain fade. If shane didnt have fuel issues I wpuodnt have passed him. Hopefully the 911 will be more competitive in future races but at least its fun to drive.:D
    Frostwa, tezpez85, krunch and 3 others like this.
  7. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

WD all... was trying to stream some of it anyway... was a bit painful to cycle through cars etc...
    I can't commentate to save myself
    Annoying how I can't set start time... of the shared videos...
  8. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Here are the full race replays, its in 3 files as it takes 3 60 minute max replay length files to fully save a 90 minute race. :oops:
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/zhf5085z15rdemo/rnd1_replay.rar/file
    The first one shows the comedy of my pit stop, I am fairly sure I heard the crew chief yelling at me. Then I told him nah add 10L less I know wtf I am doing. This results in the comedy of the last few laps in the final video as I cross with fumes and even get a phantom hit at parabolica as I am cruising around on the clutch. :roflmao:

Nice to see some new faces, and a few old ones too. Good to get a decent grid up for round 1 but we can likely get more for future rounds. I think Monza has one of the smaller actual grid limits of 29 in ACC atm so we can fit all entered in a race currently. Still room for more to join as there will always be a few that cant make a night for whatever reason.
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
    tezpez85 likes this.
  9. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I have added race results but the forum embed is currently broken, here is a direct link Grades not yet show in the results but will be coming @soon along with league standings at some point later in the week.
    Pablo likes this.
  10. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

Well done @Captain Barracuda and @andyo450 on 1st and 2nd. This round was fairly straight-forward, just tried to drive the wheels off it every lap. Barra kept the gap out front at around 2.5 - 3 seconds for most of the first stint, sometimes I'd make up time, sometimes he would, same with Andy who was to the rear at this point. The stop was nice and clean and when I came out I had clean air.

When Barra came out of the pits I was right behind him, but I didn't pressure up my tyres in the stop and took on a bit too much fuel and immediately began slipping back. With drivers this good, even a small thing like that means they'll be able to take advantage of it. Towards the end of the race, the balance became worse and Andy eventually got me at turn 1, however we had a very light contact which resulted in me spinning. Nothing malicious, I perhaps didn't give him enough room.

Not looking forward to Brands...
  11. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Wasn’t a bad race overall for me. Start was good both times and I managed to jump @andyo450 both times who seemed to have a fascination with clipping the grass :) Form there just tried to keep pace with the guys in front, went ok for a bit until a couple of small mistakes sent me a few too many seconds back. Andy inevitability got his place back a few laps in and after that it was a fairly solo race to the end trying to not bin it.

Well done @Captain Barracuda @tezpez85 @andyo450 on the podiums and thanks to @marty for running all this.
    Now to get on to Brands for some practice to try to steal a podium off someone...
  12. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Also massive thanks to @SteveDrivingSlowly for all the work on the results stuff, can’t imagine how much time and effort is going in to this
    tezpez85, jlynn777, marty and 2 others like this.
  13. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    Sorry guys, I forgot all about this last night until it was too late and I was in the pub with some mates. Not used to Monday night racing.
  14. nanlatt

nanlatt ACC Server Legend Gold Member

Well not how I wanted to start.....Firstly massive apologies to @Wally and @Bueller for my mistakes. I tried to take to the grass but as it got sideways it dragged the front back onto the track and ......well you can see what happened. I was very disappointed in my driving so decided to DQ myself from the race. I messed up two people so didn't deserve to be able to continue.

@marty, I am absolutely fine with an penalty you deem appropriate. I have to be better that that going forward. Apologies to all.
    tezpez85, krunch, marty and 2 others like this.
  15. Bueller

Bueller Rookie

A little disappointing but that's racing, the unsafe re-entry by the red and white Bentley t-boned me was the first incident for me. I liked the idea of the weather, it was a bit too heavy but it was pretty cool, it's also part of the racing. I won't be championship contender because I can't do all races besides being not fast enough, choosing the Austin might have been a serious mistake on my part as I'm too slow in it, with that said could I change to another car so to help prevent the rear enders around me lol
  16. GravityMsc

GravityMsc New Recruit

I was tired with an unstable pace after pitstop...That was my first time for 90min race. I had a bad feeling about Turn 8 & 9, and getting worse.:(:(:(
    -
    I realize I've used ecu map 3 in Ferrari at the whole night. Is that the default ecu in the agressive setup? I've not noticed it...
    marty likes this.
  17. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Best to check the ecu thread in official forums however the Porsche ECU isn't working as designed and ECU 4 and 8 seem identical. Both use lots of fuel but still not fast enough. ECU 3 to 1 in that use less fuel but are even slower, ECU 9 was painful slow but it managed to make my last lap on under 2L of fuel so did its job. ;)

The link to the ECU thread.

As you also didn't gain from the incidents and DQ'd yourself I personally don't see a reason for a further penalty. Im sure you will have learnt something from this and especially regarding t1 incidents in all future races this will be looked at more closely and a time penalty may be given for the next race for such incidents. Same as any incidents that look like careless driving and especially those where someone gains an advantage by impacting someone else.

This is meant to be just a bit of fun and nobody really likes getting taken out of races they have put in some prep time so all should try their best to keep it friendly. Its racing though and accidents will happen but if there was to be another incident like that one @nanlatt in a future race then a time penalty in that race or next race will be given.
    nanlatt likes this.
  18. GravityMsc

GravityMsc New Recruit

It shows ecu map 3 is slower than ecu map 1, even if they both have the same fuel consumption.
    That is an excellent excuse for my slow pace;)
    tezpez85 and marty like this.
  19. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Embedded results:

Also embedded here, always accessible from the navigation bar above the forums
    http://raceonoz.com/page.php?view=RaceResults#AC
    krunch and SteveDrivingSlowly like this.
  20. Wally

Wally Team Driver

Yeah, I wouldn't be too hard on yourself. Sorry about my little outburst on the mic. I brake like a turtle, and I'm trying to learn to brake later. I was braking on 150, and just pulling the car up in time. With a car in front of me, I was braking a little earlier than that.
    nanlatt likes this.