GT Sport Season 9 Division 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Oct 9, 2019.

1. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Drop round for me. Has to have been one of the worst nights racing ever for me.
    What promised to be a competitive outing based on practice during the week, including a close finish with Emmo, turn to :poop:. Could not find any of the pace or consistency of practice at all. Should've stayed in the black car I'd been practising in!

First race got clipped and spun, but that one was probably down to me, back to the rear and lost contact with the pack. Finished last but gave me pole for the second race. Good start, lead the first two laps, but found myself the meat in the sandwich on lap three approaching turn three, two bumps and around again. Managed some contact with the pack for a few laps but then lost it again. As the gap began to grow again I'd had enough. Went and made a cup of tea.
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
    Buster_Danis likes this.
  2. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Tough racing but very happy with 2nd and 2nd plus pole and fastest lap in race 1. :) Well done @incey on the win in race 1, I think I cracked under pressure resulting in a mistake and contact with the wall on lap 25. Commiserations though for race 2 and that whole 3 wide debacle on T4 lap 1. Most unfortunate.
    Buster_Danis likes this.
  3. Xtr3meNZer

Xtr3meNZer Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    o_O why would you do that on t4, lap 1... sounds messy :confused:
  4. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Was messy and not intentional, just no where to go
    Buster_Danis and Xtr3meNZer like this.
  5. Buster_Danis

Buster_Danis Team Driver

Before the start of the season I tested both the Ferrari & SF19, & with selfish intentions, picked the 458, with the impression this was an easy car to drive. In hindsight it seems that while it’s easy to drive it’s difficult to drive competitively. Lap after lap last night I felt I was ringing out every ounce of competitiveness I had in myself & the car, but still got swamped by everyone!
    Even checked the G29 pedals after the races to see if I had throttle problems again. No, just me it seems.
    I still enjoyed various battles in both races, especially with @Dazza83 & @Tristan Jones in the first race, even if all those battles were lost.
    Geez I miss tuning a car to my own driving style! Just sayin!:whistling:
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
    emmo46, T F Eccles and Matthyus like this.
  6. T F Eccles

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Yep, nice stable car to drive, if a little under powered. But put it in close company with other cars and it's a different beast.
    Buster_Danis likes this.
  7. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Seems like a pattern here, I also had a less than a stellar night. I managed to qualify third and was very happy with that. Things went down hill from there, I came off second best in most of my battles and made silly little time sapping errors. A night to forget and hopefully things will go better next week.
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
    Noxrai, T F Eccles and Buster_Danis like this.
  8. Buster_Danis

Buster_Danis Team Driver

Yeah trying to put it down to being track related but hard to accept that in the last 2 races I’ve entered, Ive had my butt whipped by other competitors that I hadn’t even considered a major threat in seasons past. Maybe the mind & reflexes aren’t as good as they once were:unsure:;)
    Noxrai and emmo46 like this.
  9. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    I really enjoyed race 1, very happy with the win. Ursine worked with me to gap the field then he worked on getting away from me. Thought he was going to as well but a little too wide onto the isn't and that was his shot at the lead done. Had to do a bit of fuel management during that one as half way through i was looking like being a lap and a half short. Over the line with SFA which turned out to be enough.
    Second race was a different story with a hectic crash at t4 lap1 leaving me nearly 5 seconds off the pack. Put a bunch of good laps together and looked like catching the lead pack but a bump into turn 1 pushed me wide and there wasn't enough laps to make up ground again.
    Looking forward to the wet race and seeing if I can get this slug drifitng
  10. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Yep, great race.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  11. T F Eccles

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Now as much as the racing for me on Sunday was utterly forgettable, what wasn't was the half-time entertainment. There have been apocryphal stories like that which follows, and one has always listened to them with a grain of salt.

During the 5min break between races a certain driver took the opportunity to use what we can assume to be a nearby convenience. Said driver toddled off to attend to their toilet with headset still on and very much active. We were treated to a high fidelity audio exposition of the visit. It began with the familiar vigorous gushing of a urine stream, that stopped mid stream, dribbled briefly, then continued on as before, to cries from the crowd to get your prostate checked (which on a serious note we all, over say 50, should do). Those listening, now incapacitated by tear inducing giggles, were treated to a ripping postern-blast encore, further depriving us of the ability to speak and see.

Whoever you were sir, we thank you.
  12. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    yep, your telling of the tale brought the memory 'dribbling' back
    Tristan Jones, Noxrai and Matthyus like this.
  13. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Can I like this more than once!!!!!????
    Tristan Jones and Noxrai like this.
  14. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
    Nope
    [​IMG]
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2019
    Matthyus likes this.
  15. Xtr3meNZer

Xtr3meNZer Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    xtr3menzer
    Hahahahahaha Wow. I think I done this once many years ago with GT5! I've learned my lesson.

Currently sitting here at my desk giggling to myself like a deranged idiot lol.
    Noxrai and Matthyus like this.
  16. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Thanks @xlxy90 :D
    xlxy90 likes this.
  17. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    I decided not to join the chat as thought it might be too distracting. Turns out I was right! Perhaps it was a deliberate strategy to put off opponents for race two?
    Max Gassit likes this.
  18. UrsineSaturn9

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Brings back memories of The Naked Gun
    Buster_Danis and Matthyus like this.
  19. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    1000000%
    UrsineSaturn9 likes this.
  20. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    early practice is saying drop the wet round. beer voice is complaining 'but i wanted to drop the enduro' . tough times. btw i only listen to two of the voices in my head
    Apex_64 and Matthyus like this.