ACC ACC season 01 rnd2 Brands Sprint cup 60 minutes Nov 18th 2019

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by marty, Nov 12, 2019.

1. marty

marty AC Server Legend

[​IMG]
    Rnd 2 of the season will be next Monday starting off the ACC sprint cup, with a single 60 minute sprint race in the same format as the real Blancpain sprint rounds.

This will have a 10 minute pit window, with a mandatory stop to change tyresl. Fuel can not be added in the race so make sure you have enough as it doesnt permit an extra fuel stop either.

Time scale will be 1x as the real round is a 1hr race, session times will be as below on Monday 18th of November.
    RACE/PRACTICE SERVER PASSWORD = "season1"
    entry is also locked to only those on the season entry thread. All that started rnd 1 will be locked to the car they chose for the rest of the season.

Free Practice 30 minutes: 8:30pm AEDT (in game Saturday 1pm)
    Qualifying 10 minutes: 9pm AEDT (in game Saturday 4pm)
    Race 60 minutes: 9:15pm AEDT (in game Sunday 4pm)

A reminder for all to ensure they have set a lap in the Qualifying Server and anyone not yet entered to enter in this entry thread

Please note whatever car you start your first official season race in you will be committed to for the full season.
    NEW season Entries Close strictly at 6:30pm AEDT on race night.
    Any entries after this are accepted for the following round. The race server will be passworded with a locked entry list so anyone not on the entry list wont get in even with the password. To be entered in for the season you must enter in the entry thread, provide a GUID in the relevant thread and also set a qualy lap in the league qualy server prior to 6:30pm on the Monday race night.
    NEW FULL FORMATION LAP MANUAL START PROCEDURE
    After testing the full formation manual start procedure on Wednesdays warm up races these turned out pretty good and easily manageable, ideally everyone will join the discord channel for race nights to hear any directions regarding the race start.

The general rule will be to start single file and follow the leader, you can weave and warm your tyres up here but be aware of cars ahead and behind at all times. Do your best to avoid causing any issues for others, then the second last corner of the track start to line up double file (may change for some tracks and be in that rounds thread)

Everyone should be in formation by the time the field makes it around the last turn and cars on the main straight should maintain 80kmh until the green light is given.

Anyone going considerably early enough to gain an advantage here may be given a post race time penalty. Cars behind the leader aren't allowed to back up and then anticipate the green to get an unfair run on the cars ahead of them. Same with front row cars they arent allowed to accelerate before the lights are green.

Race results.
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
    Frostwa, Rolz and SteveDrivingSlowly like this.
  2. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
  3. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

reserved for when pedals are all good again :)
    SteveDrivingSlowly and marty like this.
  4. Wally

Wally Team Driver

I assume all British makes will get a 1 lap head start?
    tezpez85 likes this.
  5. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I have put up some practice servers, there is a static optimum 60 minute practice server. I may adjust the temps in there to better match what the dynamic ones are getting to later tonight, the time will actually adjust through the hour now but still track and temps should remain fixed.

There is an open SA75 server with a couple short 6 min qualy sessions and 15 min races if people want some basic race practice. The session times and weather should match what it will be on race night, hopefully we can soon get weather dynamic and random but not red flag conditions. I love the challenge of some rain but we aren't racing boats here. :p

There is a passworded race server with a full race weekend setup, it has 30 min prac 10 min q and a 60 min race with 10 minute pit window. We currently cant set race rules in a public server so that's why it needs a password. Server 1 and 3 you will have free choice of cars.

Server 2 and 4 all that have started a league race will be locked to the car they chose, the error message is rather vague but if you see a message and think WTF, pick the car you raced the last round with and you will be ok. ;)
    Rolz likes this.
  6. tezpez85

tezpez85 Professional Gold Member

@SteveDrivingSlowly? Surely.
    SteveDrivingSlowly and marty like this.
  7. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

All British BLOKES get a head start, yeah.
  8. marty

marty AC Server Legend

For tonights Wednesday warmup run we will have 2x 30 minute Sprint rounds with a 10 minute pit window. This will be a password server and cars will be locked as per Monday so we can test this is working ok, we need the password otherwise rules wont work and I will experiment with some weather settings. Password will be the same "season1" as all other rooz private servers currently and qualy will be 9pm AEDT sake as Mondays.

Race will be open to anyone with the password and not limited to the guys running Mondays, only peopld locked into cars will be those that ran in rnd1 Monday.
    SteveDrivingSlowly and Rolz like this.
  9. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Rookie

Assuming mandatory tyres and no fuel? Are we still testing manual start formation laps?
  10. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Yes will be same rules for pit stop as main season race. We can try the manual formation start, I will give the commands a test later in the afternoon and see how that works.

Best if all racing will be on discord to make it easier to manage starts if they are full manual, but even thise not on discord for whatever reasons shouod understand not to pass anyone before the green light even if the system isnt babysitting you to stay behind cars your not meant to pass.
  11. Rolz

manual formation start :inlove:
    jlynn777 likes this.
  12. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Rookie

The only time I can recall doing a manual start procedure was when v1 launched and we could join CP servers. I'm interested to see if there's any on-screen instructions implemented yet during the warmup lap (like how iracing tells you to line up behind xx etc). Back at v1 in CP servers I recall directive to go single file and then double file towards the end of the lap but there were no instructions/rules ensuring you were in the correct position. I'm willing to bet there's nothing yet :D
  13. marty

marty AC Server Legend

None of that in the full formation atm, it only says go single file and then near the end of the lap it say to go double file. From my understanding the full manual start command takes off the limiter so its up to all to keep a fair formation and I don't even know how it deals with the green flag. Likely people can go early and it would be up to admins to force a restart or maybe give penalties for people abusing the start procedure.

It will highly likely be a more messy start with people more likely to run up the back of those ahead, but worth testing tonight to see if its something we can use on the main race nights or not.
    SteveDrivingSlowly and jlynn777 like this.
  14. marty

marty AC Server Legend

I have had a very good detailed response from Minolin regarding server weather settings, what I will try tonight should be more chance of some rain but not much chance of a thunderstorm. AKA typical weather in the UK. ;)

I will use rain 0.0 cloud 0.2 RND 3 so 60% chance of dry running but only 4% chance of a thunderstorm.
    [​IMG]

What I ran last week is in another table and it was more like 15% dry and 60% chance of thunderstorm as there was no real info about what the settings will give you. Now I think we should have the option to make pretty useable dynamic conditions that are fairly close to what you would expect.

All the dynamic weather ROOZ servers have the same current weather settings just to see how this goes, you can see which have dynamic weather by the little yellow or maybe green bar in the lobby. Only the qualifying server and static Brands server arent running the dynamic weather atm.
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
  15. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Anyone interested in weather settings for a server Minolin provided this very cool weather simulation spreadsheet that can help set weather much better in servers.
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...y-set-weather-in-a-server.60866/#post-1100311

regarding the manual start here is whats in the admin handbook for the command
    For the Wednesday run this will also be a full formation lap but with /manual start, it should work on the short formation too but if its full manual a full lap should be ok and manageable on a private server at least.
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  16. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Thanks for the races guys, here are the results from tonights Wednesday Warmup races.

I think the full formation start worked quite well, we should be able to use this for the rest of the season. Will need to try get everyone on discord to at least hear any race directions. I will add race start porcedure to the first post here and the season entry thread.
  17. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Shame I missed this, Internet was down annoyingly
  18. marty

marty AC Server Legend

The weather actually worked very well in last nights test, I raised time scale to 4x which did shorten weather segments. For Monday I will use 2x time, original plan was 1x but with the shorter weather segments it does make it more likely to change during a session. I will keep the main settings as they were seeing at Brands a 60% chance of some rain sounds about right. :D
  19. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

Last nights races were awesome - and the weather and time scale was about perfect. It felt very natural, and the changing conditions were challenging but not totally impossible (lethal) like those yellow thunderstorms that we red flagged at Monza! I have to say this game is pretty damn beautiful looking, especially coming into the final turn with the evening sun blazing off of the wet tarmac, almost painful to look at and exactly as I remember evening drives after rain in the UK summer (although country lanes in a 1992 1.3L Ford Fiesta are very different from Brands in a 488).

I had a blast in both races last night. R1 I got lucky at the start and found a bunch of places after cleanly making it through T's 1 - 3. I started on wets and they felt really good for the first 12 minutes and I was finding time and a few more places before catching up to Carlos (I think it was?) and having a hard time staying close enough to make a pass. As conditions were drying and my tyres started to overheat, I decided to peel off of his bumper and pit to try and make the pass through the pit strategy. I switched to dry tyres and got out to find that this would work out in my favour of the next 5 minutes as the rest of the cars went in, and I ended up in 4th. I think Andy must have only had three wheels on (surely damage?) as I was catching him for a while but made two almost fatal mistakes at T3 (touching the curb on the inside leading to HUGE drifts) that whilst I saved the car, cost me a lot of time. Finishing 4th is a real achievement for me, even in a warm up race!

R2 I somehow had some pace, going 1.2 seconds better than my PB from before last night and getting into the 24's for the first time ever. Not fast compared to you guys, but for me it felt amazing and I was pushing hard and in a great 3 way battle with Carlos and Shane. I got past Carlos on the inside of T5 and was bearing down on Shane before I span out on the second last corner and dropped all the way back. Luckily only 7 seconds of repairs to add onto my pit and I was back out and at it, trying to chase down Nando for 7th. I almost got there...not quite close enough to make a move but with maybe one or two laps more I might have been tempted. In the end happy with 8th and a new PB!

Thanks all for the great racing and really repsectful, skillful driving when close in. I also loved the manual formation lap - very much preferred way to start the race when everyone is well behaved like that.
    marty and andyo450 like this.
  20. Rolz

gone from getting pedals fixed to BSOD's on my pc...
    dump file analysis points to thermal issues...
    It's been about 12 months since I popped the case and a quick squizz last night it looked a bit dusty... clean it out, drop the CPU clock to default and do some stress testing... always the way... why couldn't I have had these issues whilst we were running the fun runs?? :eek:

@marty - btw excellent work in getting that info from Minolin re-weather :thumbsup: