GT Sport Season 9 Division 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Updated briefing:
    You are allowed to cut T4.
  3. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Enzo is by the Bay
  4. xlxy90

xlxy90 Professional

PSN ID
    xlxy90
  5. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    that's bad luck, saw you get toasted into the wall when the guy on the inside got a wham up the rear
  6. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    No reason to quit during a race.
    I had my worst ever night of racing here, Got damage 3 times lost contact with the pack early race in race 1.
    Finished last in both races. But I didn't quit during the race.
    But I am withdrawing from the rest of the season.
    Thanks for the racing :thumbsup:
    Good luck all, enjoy your racing, and respect each other on track, cos that's what it is all about.
  7. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    that's a shame apex
    Apex_64 likes this.
  8. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Tough one tonight. Never a great idea to hold a sprint round at a track with 2 overtaking opportunities......First race was great fun leading for a decent stint before things got dicey with @KeedenMcdonald and @razor4797. Kicking myself over that one because the opportunity just didn't come my way in the closing laps. Second race was a bit of a :):):):) show as I was taken out early by some interesting late braking by someone behind me leaving me dead last for the opening portion. I fought through the field with some drivers more willing to bump draft than others which made life difficult and ultimately created and unachievable gap between 3rd and 4th. Some hard racing in the midfield that probably was down to some tempers as well as impatience. Sorry to @Russell who for the second race in a row seemingly I unloaded as he ran wide. I redressed the first one but don't think I had time to react in the second, my bad regardless. Well done to @Kephin_07 for a stunning P2 as well as @MINT_GTR for usual speeeeed
    Russell, Apex_64, razor4797 and 5 others like this.
  9. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Matthyus likes this.
  10. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    Those two races absolutely flew by!
    Very pleased with an overall result of 2nd (I think), shame that I lost the lead to @KeedenMcdonald on the final lap of Race 1, but the gap in outright pace ultimately chose the victor in that one.
    Some questionable driving in Race 2, but it seems I was one of the luckier ones.
    Props to @Kephin_07 on a sterling drive in Race 2!

Onwards and upwards (upwards is optimistic)
    Kephin_07, Apex_64, Hatfield and 3 others like this.
  11. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Round 4: Red Bull Ring Wet - 26 laps - 17:30 Rain - 17/11
    [​IMG]

WELCOME to Season 9!! Thanks to Selby Acoustics
    As always please take 2 mins to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night......If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regulations please ask!

ROOM OPEN : Most room captains will 'try' to have rooms open by about 7:50 AEST. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.
    QUALIFYING : 8:20 AEDT for 10 mins. Once 10 mins has been reached, finish the lap you are on and park up off track. THE PITS ARE CLOSED DURING QUALIFYING
    RACE START TIME : 8:30 AEDT (once qualifying has finished)

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS : This is up to the room host. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I always look at 1 or 2 starts if required due to DSC, but as it gets later everyone needs to be aware of getting things going. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....
    SIGHT ISSUES: Ensure that you can see everyone on track. After qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again. It can also be done pre-qualifying to save time if there is no chance of latecomers.

FALSE START CHECK : Please note that the start type is Grid Start with False Start Check
    Please practice this so you know what to expect. Simply, you hold the brakes on until the lights go from all lit, to none lit

TURN 1 LAP 1 : This has the potential to ruin someones night if we don't use our heads! Should be everyone's goal to get through the first phase with ZERO contact. Give room and run in your 'lane' till you have space to run the normal race line. If your unassisted tap causes someone to spin, you need to redress.

WET ROUND : With the track being very wet, please be more cautious than usual with overtaking/defending. Patience is your friend.

TRACK LIMITS : As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage.
    Be aware when cutting and exiting T1 & 2. Crossing the white line on the right hand side prior to T5 is allowed. Also be aware of the exit of T7-8 and cutting of T8.

CONTACT : Is to be avoided at all times..... If you rear end someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Side by side 'rubbing' is racing, within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room.
    If you bump someone and they end up off track or teleport back to the corner entry, you must wait for them to rejoin and get back up to speed.
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive the car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow drivers. Contact will possibly end up with bigger hits in the wet, so watch those braking points!

TYRES : Racing Inters/Wets ONLY (Inters recommended)

PIT ENTRY : Drivers MUST make an attempt to use the pit entry / exit lines.
    PIT EXIT : Please use the pit exit lane and be aware of cars approaching down the straight.
    NOTE: Pitting is NOT COMPULSORY

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS : This season the stewards will be will be @Hatfield @JonoStan96 @Viperzed & @emmo46. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let us know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. We will ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captain to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY : If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved!

PARTY CHAT : With the new party chat feature able to hold up to 16 participants, each division will have an open party chat for those that wish to use it. We recommend this especially to new drivers as they may ask questions about how the night is run or to clarify anything they are not confident on.

FINAL NOTE: Could all drivers please confirm their attendance for this Sunday by 'liking' this post in your division. If you are unable to attend, please post in reply as much in your division. This way we can figure out our reserves or if the room can start early in advance.
  12. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Enzo gets wet
    razor4797 likes this.
  13. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    Finally can probably switch on for a drive tonight.
    If I can, and I am on b4 8.15, I will join and race, to boost the grid size.
    Hope Tynesider ignores me playing in the puddles at the rear.
  14. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    not sure if he can broadcast tonight. he will keep me posted
  15. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    unfortunately he cannot broadcast tonight
  16. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Made the mistake of digging a trench for some edging this afternoon and ended up with blistering hands so was not at all confident tonight.
    Put on the racing gloves and found a position to hold the wheel without pain and qualifying went ok getting a 45 on my final lap to start in the bottom half...
    Got a good jump only to realise I forgot traction off the line and so was last by T1.
    Managed to hold the car steady and had some great battles with lots of room left. Good hard respectful driving, so kudos to all you guys.
    Was making the overcut work on @Bryan_F when I had a small off battling with @Russell (my fault not his) but pushed hard to keep putting in quick low fuel laps.
    After pitting I did come out in front of bryan, until he passed me on the straight haha
    Then he just sailed off as I hadn't taken tyres.
    All in all, happy with 7th and that the top 4 were within 10 secs of each other!
  17. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    That was some of the most fun I've ever had on Rooz as well as the reason I joined in the first place. 4 way battle for the lead and just a few mates having fun. Qualified really poorly compared to my PB but ended up holding close to @KeedenMcdonald and @X3rx3s44 with @razor4797 joining us soon after with an early drama. An absolutely stunning 4 car battle followed before we broke up a little in the pit stop phase. I pulled off a slight undercut by not taking tires and underfuelling hoping for some good fuel save so lead the field in the second half but on tires heading towards the cliff I battled Keeden hard and fair for 5 or so laps before conceding and focusing on maintaining 2nd which I did. Absolutely epic racing with you 3 last night and makes me wonder why more people don't show up
    Russell, Apex_64, X3rx3s44 and 6 others like this.
  18. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    I recommend everyone watches Ford v Ferrari
  19. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I'm going Wednesday night! Don't spoil the ending :p
    emmo46 and CaptainRisky21 like this.
  20. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    P4 for me, a little disappointing.

Qualified 2nd with a PB and only 2 tenths off Keeden!
    Good start and was running 2nd until Bryan had brake problems at T2 and hit Xerxes who then barrelled into me, forcing me wide and back into 6th.
    Recovered to pass Bryan down the start/finish straight and chased down Apex. Lost a bit of time trying to get the move done but once I did I had a 2-3 second margin to the leading pack to make up.
    I recovered well to have a 4-way fight for the lead with Keeden, Viper and Xerxes, but couldn’t get in front in the end as the tyres just wouldn’t work with me.

Was still an absolutely thrilling race and a shame that there was no streaming happening at the time; would have made for awesome viewing!

Til next week