ACC ACC season 01 rnd2 Brands Sprint cup 60 minutes Nov 18th 2019

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by marty, Nov 12, 2019.

1. andyo450

andyo450 Team Driver Super ROOZ

@SteveDrivingSlowly I used the wet preset for race 1. It was pretty understeery in the wet but once i put slicks on it went to another level. So not damage, you were actually quicker than me.

The 720 seems to have a very narrow window to operate in. It wasnt until the temps came down in the last race that I found the speed thought i should’ve had. It seems the higher temps were putting the front left temperatures just outside of where they needed to be. It looked to be about 8 tenths in laptime.
    So I would recommend everyone get some laps in on the short race server that should have similar conditions to monday. I dont know if every car will be that sensitive to temp but its better to know beforehand than rock up on race night and wonder where the speed youre car had on the static server has gone.
    SteveDrivingSlowly likes this.
  2. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

I might trim this post down a bit, print it out and frame it.
  3. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Rookie

Here's hoping for some unexpected hot British weather on Monday night :D
    SteveDrivingSlowly and andyo450 like this.
  4. marty

marty AC Server Legend

One of the Singapore servers is running 30 min practice then 60 min qualy only with dynamic conditions and session times to match qualy and race on Monday.

Possible still needs 2 sessions as I havent tested if the always greens single session server bug still exists. Not sure the time scale but I will change all the dynamic ones to 2x later tonight and use that on Monday too.

That static server really was a bit nasty on the 911, I had to change the balance quite a bit to have any confidence to push the car. I think it will be a tricky round as maybe a few cars have a pretty narrow window. Race 2 last nigh starting on worn rubber felt horrible but new tyres and an extra .2psi all round it felt much better.
  5. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Hopefully my net is working today so I can get some running in
  6. SteveDrivingSlowly

SteveDrivingSlowly ACC Results Ste(ve)ward

Hope so too mate, didn't have enough Italian cars last night.
  7. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Rookie

Reviewing Motec data from last night the Merc is 10kg heavier on 2019 Brands compared to 2018. Shenanigans! :eek:
  8. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

Hmm I really have to have a look at this Motec stuff, but I really am time poor these days... any spare time I have in the evening I just wanna be on the track lol
    Well I think my new place might have to have 2 OC settings for my CPU... Summer and Winter lol turned down the OC from 5Ghz to 4.8Ghz and seemed to be pretty stable after some decent stress-testing last night...
    Then gave ACC a good run (only for 50min qual session) and it seemed to last ok... but will have to try a 2x 1hr qual session over the weekend to see if it can handle a decent continuous run at it...
    Pablo likes this.
  9. marty

marty AC Server Legend

Unreal engine seems fairly sensitive to too high OC, the actual performance gains at 4.8 to 5ghz are fairly marginal still and if you get instability at the higher settings those couple extra fps arent worth it IMHO.
  10. Rolz

Rolz ACC Nutter Team Raceonoz Gold Member

yeah didn't see any difference in fps... though usually cpu grunt only comes in when there are more cars on the track... agree there would be marginal difference between the 2 speeds... it was just more self satisfaction that my rig was at 5Ghz :p
    [​IMG]
    marty and Godzilla like this.
  11. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Rookie

I've read that a CPUs ability to overclock can diminish over time, may just need a touch more volts to keep it at 5ghz (if not already on the limit of voltage)
  12. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

Possibly starting to age as will wear out quicker at higher voltages. New build time! :)

On another note, the times are certainly plummeting... Marty is well in to the 22’s! And I suspect others will follow soon
  13. marty

marty AC Server Legend

@Captain Barracuda is probably sub 20 in his secret private testing. ;) Its possible the 911 may be more competitive here then Monza where it was quite a bit off but I doubt its best and also the good laptime window is pretty marginal.

In the static server it can get splits for quite a bit lower but getting the tyres to hang on for a full lap isnt that likely in those conditions.
  14. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

From what I saw getting speed out of the 911 makes it fairly edgy and fairly likely to spin if pushing for the ultimate pace. The Lambo feels very comfortable here if not a little understeery through the mid speed stuff. Gives me some hope for the race
  15. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Rookie

Yet to get started testing for this round but based on previous time spent at Brands (plus that brutal 10kg BOP addition for 2019) I don't think I'll be seeing a sub 20, not even with a Renault TC/ABS/Bias map :D
    marty and Rolz like this.
  16. Wally

Wally Team Driver

I'm aiming for sub 25 :-/
  17. GravityMsc

GravityMsc New Recruit

Is it possible to give a fixed car number (19) for me? I think everyone could set a fixed car number
  18. marty

marty AC Server Legend

We can set a fixed car number to a certain point, as long as your the first person to join the server with that number you will be given it. But if someone else joins with that number earlier then you will be given the next available.

For the season we can give a number if they request it, someone that doesnt chose a number may run a default skin with that number and so if they enter before you on a race night they will get it.

I can setup the server giving everyone the car number they ran round 1, plus assigning a number to anyone that has a specific request. In that case it will be first to request will get their choice.

Also @GravityMsc did ask me last night if we could delay the Brands round 15 minutes so he could make the race. As this is a 1hr race only, it will be one of the shortest rounds already so for me personally I have no issues with a delay if it means we can get 1 more starter on the night. Does anyone have any objections to 9:15 AEDT start for rnd 2 only then be back to regular start time especially on all races longer then 60minutes.
  19. Godzilla

Godzilla Team Driver

No issues with a delay
    marty likes this.
  20. nanlatt

nanlatt ACC Server Legend Gold Member

No problem,
    marty likes this.